Most disappointing games?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by florbastang, Aug 4, 2009.

1. jeknightx

jeknightx Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2009
    all those games are xeleent besides mummys revengse and sparta

2. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Disappointment is subjective.

3. Vinny554

Vinny554 Well-Known Member

I still dont know why everyones bitching about Worms. Its came out great! Probably the best game on my Touch besides MiniGore/Baseball Sluggers. The only reason I was pissed about Worms was no multiplayer. But its still incredibly fun.

4. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Kroll

That's probably the biggest disappointment, IMHO.

Not a bad game, just...y'know...okay. Repetitive is the order of the day for beat 'em up/hack 'n slash style games, I know, but Kroll is really repetitive in both enemy types (how many friggin' crab type enemies do I have to fight?) and combat. The latter is the kiss of death. The combat system is just...there is no depth. At all.

I like the control system, I like the graphics, I like the art, I like the music, I even like the character design, but damn is that game just lacking any depth whatsoever to cover up the repetitive nature of the gameplay.

5. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    Hmmm... there's probably a fair few that I've been disappointed in, but the ones I can think of are:

- Rolando
    - Car Jack Streets
    - Payback
    - iDracula
    - Zenonia
    - Sonic the Hedgehog
    - Streets of Rage
    - Real Football/Soccer 09
    - Alien Mangle

6. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    If you didn't like the Sonic port, why did you get SoR? And have you played it after the update? I have a 3GS and it was unplayable before, now it's fine.

7. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    Because I hoped they might have listened to some of the criticisms they received for Sonic. Oh, and SoR played fine on my 3G so that wasn't really an issue for me.

8. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    Huh, OK...just wondering. I'm actually enjoying it quite a bit after the update. I know the controls aren't ideal, but it's certainly playable, and it really is basically the game I remember playing and loving growing up.

9. gnetro

gnetro Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2009
    Kroll .. because what they showed us on the keynote wasn't the real thing... it's some sort of false advertising...

10. spiffyone

Dec 7, 2008
    Then you need to get your hands on an actual Genesis and SoR cart, because it sure as hell isn't the game I grew up playing.

Same deal with Sonic Slowdown. :mad:

11. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    Oh, trust me I had the Genesis. I'm not saying it's the best port in the world, but I pretty much knew what I was getting, and was happy with it once the update made it work better on my 3GS. And Sonic is really fast on my phone, but they should have optimised it to be that way for everyone. I'm not some Sega nut, BTW.

12. spiffyone

Dec 7, 2008
    I am, btw.

That's why I notice the slowdown moreso than others.

The level design in that game has been burned in my mind. I know the timing of the stages. But there are hitches in the emulator which translate to slowdown which just, I dunno...they take away from the experience for me, and it just needn't be that way. Sega needs to really optimize that thing.

If I could pick "most disappointing developer" they'd be it IMHO, as you know.

I just don't understand why Sega doesn't understand that they're, y'know...Sega. It's like they lost their way somehow.

13. monk666

monk666 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Why does so many hate worms? Why? It looks cute. Maybe thats the only thing going for it.

14. seyoon

seyoon Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2009
    East Coast
    Hmmmm Pocket God. I still can't figure out what the fuzz is about. Rode the hype train, gained hope when everyone says weekly updates will make it splendid, but every freakin update is still bleh. Looks nice and cute but that's about it. Should be free, ihmo. There are other dollar apps that wont give you buyer's remorse like F.A.S.T., Defender Chronicles or Knights Onrush. Heck, there are tons of free apps that surpass this as well.

15. MrDark

MrDark Well-Known Member

May 3, 2009
    minigore, pocket god + 1, bugdom2

16. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    inb4dukenukem3d

17. hawks12thman

hawks12thman Well-Known Member

Rolando - Wasn't into that type of gameplay.
    Zen Bound - Boring as hell.
    Cro Mag Rally - Lack of replay value killed the whole game.