Most Annoying Icon Trend(s)

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by HerbertKornfeld, Dec 31, 2008.

1. hitler and bob marley's birthday

2. OahuSurf

OahuSurf Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2008
    Just wait until the sale is over, delete the app and re-download it.

3. rofl

strap-on

4. MeTeHe

MeTeHe Member

Jan 2, 2009
    wow thats weird lol

5. SudoWorks LLC

SudoWorks LLC Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2008
    #25 SudoWorks LLC, Jan 3, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2009
    Ehh I hate the Hydro Tilt & Zombie Attack Icons... If you're going to Pre-Render your Icon you better make something that looks Amazing... They are just Horrid... I hide them on Page #9 lol.

[​IMG]

6. PoV

PoV Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2008
    London, Ontario, Canada
    Wow. Imagine the clever (or inappropriate) things you can do in the reflection. Upside down text on the icon, or words written in symetrical letters.

7. smokin okin

smokin okin Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2008
    not only do I have no idea what you're talking about, but please, if you can't abide by Arns rules, at least try and keep it rated adult MA

8. Thorero

Thorero Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Graphic Designer, 3D Modeller, Web Design
    Portugal
    He isn't actually talking about anything rude or inappropriate. He was merely wondering what the developers could put in, sort of as an Easter Egg.

9. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    First off, yes the 420 thing is still funny. :D

I really don't appreciate the games with icons that appear to be created on MS Paint, or ones with too much detail. In my opinion, icons should be simple (not too simple), bright, and look better than the actual game does (lol). A good example of this description is an app like [App]Tweetie[/App]. I like how it's just a small, simple picture with not too many details, but it makes it match with the apps that are built into the iPhone, so it looks appealing.

I really dislike icons that are overdetailed or look flat. A good example of those would be: flat - [App]Strategic Assault[/App] and overdetailed - [App]AppSniper[/App].

Anyone else agree with me?

10. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    yeah, icons that blend in with the ones that come with the iphone are best. But devs seem not to get it :D

11. istopmotion

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    Yeah, the Papi games are pretty fun to play but their icons look terrible. I'd like to see them improve their icons soon. Same goes for Bike or Die and Besiegement... Great games, ugly icons.

12. pablo19

Oct 26, 2008
    I was looking at al the icons you mentioned, Appsniper isn't bad. Air cadets is great, super brain surge is horrible, Dr.Awsome has too much detail, your right about papi icons though, BIA and HoS have great icons even if they don't blend in. BoD IS really bad, and so is Monopoly. What the heck are they thinking?

13. istopmotion

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    Well, in my opinion AppSniper has a pretty ugly icon. Mostly I just don't like the big 'A' in the background. If they removed that, it'd look a lot better (to me).

14. pablo19

Oct 26, 2008
    Yeah, maybe it would look better, but I have it on the 9th page so it doesn't matter.

P.S: I have appstore on first page and appsniper on the last one. So I always have acces to apps:D ADDICT

15. jecebn

jecebn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Kansas City, MO
    I really hate the apps with black backgrounds, so that the icon comes off as a unique shape rather than the normal square (for example AP News and LUX DLX) - they make the apps stand out and I hate it.