Universal Mos Speedrun 2 (by Physmo)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Sep 30, 2015.

1. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    Did an enemy get removed in 1-1 to make this no stop? I agree that it's a shame. The most difficult thing by far about 1-1 is when you fall into a pit within the first 20 seconds and have to do a double wall jump to get out of it.

2. xzamplezz

xzamplezz Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
    No, the only part that was impossible to do without stopping was the very last jump, because of the position of the zombie. The zombie's position has changed, so now you can jump over him and jump the last gap without letting go of forward.

@Spambot: I'm pretty sure one level in the 4 section has invisible blocks. I think 4-3.

3. SPAMBOT

SPAMBOT Well-Known Member

Thanks xzamplezz. I trawled through the levels today and found them all I think.
    Now I've found a seemingly endless route of spinny portals. There's gotta be a correct route through them though I'm sure.

4. xzamplezz

Jan 3, 2012
    The portals and "numbers station" probably have something to do with each other.

5. SPAMBOT

SPAMBOT Well-Known Member

Does anyone remember seeing any shells, sea horses and seaweeds anywhere?

6. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    Ah, thanks. It's a good thing I read this forum or I would have felt really good about my top 10 spot in the leaderboards in this level. Oh well :)

7. xzamplezz

Jan 3, 2012
    @Spambot: Not that I remember.

@Lena: No reason not to feel good about that run :)

8. Forkdolphin

Forkdolphin New Member

Oct 26, 2015
    Finally solved the final puzzle, what a great and fairly obscure addition to the game.

9. Forkdolphin

Forkdolphin New Member

Oct 26, 2015
    Somewhere in the second set of levels I believe.

10. philadendron

philadendron Active Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Las Vegas
    SPOILERS BELOW***

Trying to find my final eye. Found one in the green goo levels, in the final level, and now I see a pedestal with a glowing eye in 2-1, as if it's already been retrieved. However, I know I didn't retrieve this, and only two of the 3 doors on 1-5 are lifted.

This seems like a bug, but wasn't this bug supposed to be fixed?

11. philadendron

Apr 8, 2013
    Las Vegas
    I think I just figured it out. Before the patch, I collected the eye in the green goo level. After the patch, it seems as though I was given credit for 2-1 (even though I'd never done it) and not the green goo level, which I had to redo. After I got the eye in that level, all three doors were open.

12. philadendron

Apr 8, 2013
    Las Vegas
    Okay. 231434. Am I hearing that correctly? Because that doesn't seem to do anything. Can anyone throw me a bone?

I am being intentionally vague.

13. Forkdolphin

Forkdolphin New Member

Oct 26, 2015
    The numbers are only one piece of the puzzle. I can be more clear if you need me to.

14. KingOfPhysicsPuzzlers

KingOfPhysicsPuzzlers Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2013
    You are hearing correct.

Now use that info with another similarly found clue perhaps...

15. philadendron

Apr 8, 2013
    Las Vegas
    Bunch of switches...hitting them in that order does nothing.

The recording says something right after the numbers, but I can't understand what it is. Is that important?

16. Forkdolphin

Forkdolphin New Member

Oct 26, 2015
    It's not important, look for another clue elsewhere.

17. philadendron

Apr 8, 2013
    Las Vegas
    Ugh, 5-5: anyone else missing just a single coin by the end of the level? I've beaten it 5 times in the past 20 minutes, and I'm always 1 coin short. Did they hide one where the damn gold skull is?

18. xzamplezz

Jan 3, 2012
    The only individual coins that are sort of hidden is the one that you have to wait for on the platform that goes up and down near the swinging spiked balls, and the one that you have to drop into a small pit with two flame guys shortly after the spiked balls.

19. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    Does anyone have any tips for the mushroom trampolines in 3-6? I'm still stuck and I wish I could go on. I have made it past the mushrooms a few times by accident, but then I died somewhere later on. I must be doing something wrong with the timing of my jumps. I had hoped that having a GC friend who finished the level would help, but of course that did not work because you have to finish the level before the ghost shows up.

20. philadendron

Apr 8, 2013
    Las Vegas
    I find that the mushrooms (and the other wooden bouncy platforms) work a little differently than I would expect them to. You need to jump a little later than would make sense. My strategy is to jump on the mushroom, watch it go down, then come up, AND THEN jump. Don't try and jump AS THE MUSHROOM comes up, that's too soon. Put another way, watch the mushroom go down, come up, and aim to jump a SPLIT SECOND after it stops coming up.

You can practice on one, just going up and down. When it comes time to hop from one to the other, you want time your jump so that you're jumping from as close to the edge as possible.