Universal Mos Speedrun 2 (by Physmo)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Baron Cappuccino

Baron Cappuccino Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Aug 1, 2011
    Member-Owner Steampunk Cafe, LLC
    Plainfield, CT
    I can't not buy this-- it's everything I want in an app, that and it's great.

2. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    A bit off topic but maybe you guys could shine some light on this for me.. I bought this yesterday and a couple of more titles and for the first time payed a sales tax.. Thousands of apps purchased and never once did I pay a sales tax.. What's going on?

3. Shkrbby

Shkrbby Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2015
    Guys can we get more impressions and ratings up. I'm on the fence about this one.

4. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    I've always had to pay sales tax on every app purchased...

5. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Do you mean that the price was higher as they added a tax?
    My receipts show a breakdown and it's always had tax on, but it's covered in the £1.49 or whatever the price is.

6. Prhaber

Prhaber Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    I have to say I'm preferring this to the first. Controls are spot on (as expected), levels are huge and require a bit of exploring (which I love) and it looks like there's a ton of collectable costumes. The graphics are mainly functional but with some nice backgrounds and small spot effects this time around.

Best of all its £1.99, only about 285mb installed and no IAP. All that on it's own is worth getting it for, but it looks like a nice little speed run platformer as well...

7. Huge Dragon

Huge Dragon Member

Sep 29, 2015
    Cute

The bee is so cute! ^.^

8. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Alright...how a follow-up to the best speedrunner on the AppStore (sorry Mikey) isn't garnering way more attention, is beyond me.

Physmo have added some new element, wall jumps alone work flawlessly, and add a whole other dimension to the time variance of runs. They also open up platforming/adventuring to a new degree.

Swimming and under water breathing are challenging and fun and also give a wide berth to the difference in record runs.

There are also levels in which you can take various paths and shortcuts to achieve your goal quicker. Experimentation is rewarded in Mos 2!

At two dollars I say this is a must-have on EVERY iOS device.

Richard

9. loopyloolpss

loopyloolpss New Member

Oct 1, 2015
  10. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Funny, the wall jump mechanics is what I hate most :) But I love how the sound mutes when you dive that's really cool.

Still, it's not that impressive anymore these days. And even part 1 feels much more up-to-date.

11. smes3817

smes3817 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Massachusetts, USA
    Can someone explain the daily charm aspect? As I'm collecting badges for each level, that is the only thing I still don't understand.

12. physmotone

physmotone Active Member

Jun 7, 2010
    On each day of the month a day charm will appear in one of the levels - there's 30 to collect in total. For instance, today's day charm (the 1st of the month) appears on stage 4-2. Beside the stage button there's a day charm icon so you know which stage it's in.

If you can't get that far at the moment you can wait until the 6th Oct when the charm appears on the first stage :)

13. tex32

tex32 Active Member

May 9, 2013
    Physmo - loved the original and spent countless hours perfecting every level. The touch controls work great and really looking forward to enjoying this one as much as I did the last - thanks again!

14. Prhaber

Dec 16, 2010
    Not sure if anyone else has experienced this, but on my iPad mini 1 I've had a few crashes now where the game has just frozen. Happened twice in the last 10 minutes and is getting infuriating!

15. Prhaber

Dec 16, 2010
    (Tumbleweed blows across the Toucharcade thread)

.....guys? Is anybody there?

16. pheraph

pheraph Active Member

Dec 24, 2010
    24h and no answer? Think we can close this thread, it's dead. ;-)

17. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    I've experienced no slowdowns, no crashing. iPhone 6 iOS 9.0.2

18. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

Some phone and OS and no crashes here.

I'm absolutely loving this. Seems like all my GC friends quit after the first set of levels. No ghosts in sight. Hopefully we'll get some competition going. But, as Jared & Mike pointed out in this week's podcast, the exploration and collection aspect of Mos Speedrun 2 is great for a more laid back experience.

I generally complete the level first, then collect all the coins next, and finish with the speed run. As I'm getting farther though, I'm just trying to make it through all the levels.

There's so much to do. The level design is great (changing themes and enemies as you progress), and the controls work very well. I tried playing with my Mad Catz, but actually prefer the virtual controls. My game of the week for sure.

19. Felipe MGaia

Felipe MGaia Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2013
    Has anyone managed to beat level 3-6? I'm completely stuck there, almost giving up.

I can get to the giant mushrooms, and then jump and grab the first rope, but not with enough momentum to the make the jump to the next rope. Already did this countless times and I always fail at reaching the second rope.

One other thing that I noticed is that the speedrun time for this level is 60s, and by the time I finish the green goo area I'm already close to that mark. And I'm speedrunning up to this point, or so I think. I must be missing something.

20. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

I'm on 3-5 now. I'll get there after work today and see if I can help you out.