Universal Mos Speedrun 2 (by Physmo)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Sep 30, 2015.

1. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    Thanks philadendron! I think that helped, I managed to get passed them twice now (in 6 or so tries), and that has been a while. Of course I then died in the poison immediately afterwards, but progress is progress. I limit myself to trying this level only a few times a day because otherwise I risk throwing my iPad mini against a wall... Thankfully I still have a lot of other things to do in the game that suddenly seem more doable.

2. philadendron

philadendron Active Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Las Vegas
    Finally solved the final puzzle. Man, that game doesn't hand you a damn thing, but it was rewarding to finish. First iOS game I actually made notes on in order to complete. I wish the final skull showed up in the trophy room...

3. KingOfPhysicsPuzzlers

KingOfPhysicsPuzzlers Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2013
    I thought final puzzle was actually both unnecessary and completely "off the feel" of the rest of the game. But, whatever... minor nitpick.

My final task on the game (other than getting the last 10 Day Charms and then the time on 5-6 once its fixed) is to get through level 5-6 on Prestige. I haven't gotten farther than 3-4. I lose concentration =)

4. philadendron

philadendron Active Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Las Vegas
    Yeah, I kept trying to delve deeper into the meaning of the symbols and environments, and then I finally just realized that all those different portal levels are pretty much just homages to cool games (Mario, Minecraft, etc). I was prepared for something that may explain who Mos is or more about the world, but oh well, it was still fun.

I have about 13 charms, so that's still on the To Do list. Also, Prestige, and I don't know that I have the patience to make it very far. I have everything else.

5. McZonk

McZonk Member

Jan 10, 2009
  6. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    Checkpoints only work once. If you die you respawn at the checkpoint, but if you then die again before reaching a new checkpoint, you respawn at the beginning of the level. Is that what you're seeing?

7. McZonk

McZonk Member

Jan 10, 2009
    I know, but the checkpoint was untouched until than. I activated the checkpoint, but when I died I still was restarting at the beginning of the level. Next time I will upload a complete video.

8. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    Aw, I kind of figured you would know that but I thought you never know, maybe it is as simple as that. I can't check because I'm still in 3-6. Have you seen it in other levels? I haven't noticed this so far and I think I would notice because I die all the time. It does sound like a bug for that level at least, you should contact the devs (they made a contact button in the settings of the game, so I'm sure they welcome them).

9. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    [​IMG]
    I know just about everyone here has 100%-ed the game or is working towards that but I'm still pretty happy with my progress. And look at that gold it's so shiny!
    A few pages ago I mentioned that I had just about given up because I found the first levels just too frustrating to even finish. And now I'm speedrunning them and I have a hard time remembering what was so super hard about them. I think perhaps a big part of it was just getting used to the controls (especially the unintuitive-for-me-at-first wall jump)

The speedrun times on 1-3 and 1-6 seemed completely impossible to me and it was so great to finally have that perfect (enough) run. And then see that the top people still shave 10 seconds off, but hey :) Ghosts were super valuable, I would not have thought to
    jump over that canonball
    in 1-6. Thanks xzamplezz :) It's a bit of a mixed blessing because I would have loved to find out for example the
    wall jump shortcut
    in 1-3 myself, but the thrill of speedrunning a level is a lot of fun, and there's still plenty to discover.

I played Mos 1 again too and noticed Mos 1 controls differently (she jumps all the time now), but interestingly enough playing Mos 2 has actually made me better at Mos 1.

10. grayger

grayger Member

Dec 19, 2011
    I am downloading it. Its time to kill the mos.

11. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    I now reached that level (4-2) and that checkpoint is not broken for me. I'm on iOS 8.4, latest version of the game.

12. McZonk

McZonk Member

Jan 10, 2009
    It happened in a lot of levels for me and it is not always this checkpoint. It occurs at checkpoints and all levels but only rarely.

13. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    Huh that's weird. I have not noticed that and I think I would have noticed it if it did happen. I was stuck at 3-6 for quite a while and I'm certain it did not happen in that level for me at least.

14. xzamplezz

xzamplezz Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Glad to see you still progressing, Lena. I've taken a little break. Hopefully when I get on next I will have some new #1s to try and beat.

Oh, and I learned by cheating the scumbag timer paywalls on another game that altering the time on your phone will also allow you to do the charms whenever you want. I've had all but one for a while.

15. McZonk

McZonk Member

Jan 10, 2009
    Knights and Flags Puzzle

Does anyone know the solution to the knights and flags riddle in level 4-2?

16. SPAMBOT

SPAMBOT Well-Known Member

McZonk, you need to find two other secret areas to solve that puzzle. What you have there is just one piece. Look for other areas that have invisible blocks in them.

17. retrogamOR

retrogamOR Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2013
    It's happend to me.Can't remember which level.But it's definitely a "thing".

18. McZonk

McZonk Member

Jan 10, 2009
    Got it now.

19. Jetjet

Jetjet Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    On sales !!!!

20. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    #200 Matt33, Dec 9, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
    Are the complete 6 levels and 30 levels achievements not unlocking for others as well?

I gave prestige mode a shot after finishing everything else, but it started getting laggy and then crashed as I finished stage 3-1. I've got an ipod touch 5, maybe I'll give it a go after I buy the 6 on boxing day.

Then there's the last achievement I'm missing, a hidden one, even after finishing the final puzzle. Has anyone gotten this one? Any hint to what it is?

I see in a previous version's update notes, a cheat was fixed in 1-6, but there's people who beat it in under 5 seconds on the leaderboard. Have these not been removed, or did they still find a way to cheat the start even after the update? Will it be fixed again, or am I forced to try and glitch it as well to try for the best time?