Mortal Kombat X (Netherrealm Studios)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Based Xatu, Mar 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    I'm not getting the console release, but knowing how messy WB if with game releases I don't think the unlock system is going to turn out well. Injustice unlocks have been broken for years.

2. RebornProphet

RebornProphet Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    The game looks simply stunning, amazing visuals and slick menus.

Shame it's going to hidden behind and hindered by the awful "trading card" and gold system.

Imagine that game with MFI support and as a proper 3D beat em up. The platform is more than capable, sadly those who use it are cheap sakes unwilling to pay top prices for top games.

3. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    I hope such PLAYERS will extinct in the future,hope that they'll just stop playing after realizing how bad did they mess up the entire market.

4. madreviewer

madreviewer Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2013
    They will never be extinct.

And I don't blame them. Some of them might be unfortunately poor, or don't have the money to enjoy the game.
    I don't think it's them the problem but the devs.
    Gameloft do it right and injustice too. The energy system is negligible once you got a lot of card.
    Ithe only thing that would make me BOOO! that game would be internet connection required.
    I will drop some money to wb, if it's freemium.

5. Stingman

Stingman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Aug 14, 2012
    App / Game Developer
    The Bay Area
    Already pre-ordered my ps4 version. So excited for this!

As for mobile, I'm indifferent. I do not enjoy free to play very much, except for the quick burst gameplay type games like Crossy Road, but even that doesn't last too long. I'm definitely part of the minority that prefers quality paid games, but hey that's why I have my consoles, and I love my ps4 and wii u. As for the mobile port of MK... well it won't be MK as we know it but I'll give it a shot for sure. I couldn't imagine playing a real mortal kombat game on mobile anyhow though... the controls would be awful. The platform is not designed for that. Plus, as many have stated before, the franchise would not make much money on this platform. Mobile is mainly a free-to-play platform now. For bigger devs it's becoming increasingly difficult to make money going the paid route.

Regardless of the platform, I'm not excited about the roster. Call me old fashioned but I don't like these new characters very much. Jacquie Briggs? Cassie Cage? really? And where is Smoke? He better make it in!

Ok enough negative. Roster aside I'll be giving the game a fair shot on my iPad / iPhone.

6. sean91499

sean91499 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2014
    Is the game coming out earlier than its console counterparts (like injustice) or releasing the same day (April 15)

7. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    I imagine same week. They have yet to announce a release date for the ios version

8. CrazedJava

CrazedJava Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2015
    It's out now!