Mortal Kombat X (Netherrealm Studios)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Based Xatu, Mar 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
  2. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Arkham origins too

3. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Thanks for that.
    Looks pretty brutal enough finishers to me:)

4. Birdman47

Birdman47 Member

Mar 1, 2015
    Looks really awesome! :D

5. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    LOOKS FREAKING AMAZING!!! Its definitely replacing injustice for me!!

6. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
  7. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I couldn't honestly give two shits about this being another Injustice reskin (especially after seeing that video), but man...a tiny part of me wishes this was the exact same game, but totally premium...you know what I mean? Sure, Injustice and Immortals have made tons of money, but I doubt people would have a problem spending some money on a premium MK on mobile (and UMK3 being on the paid charts FOREVER sort of proved that).

8. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    Especially with the"Mortal Kombat"brand on it.They would make a shitload of money,even as a premium title.

Does anyone know if controller will be supported?

9. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Sure, but you're talking several orders of magnitude fewer people who would buy a $10 Mortal Kombat versus the people who would slowly pay $10 over the course of the next year playing this.

10. oscar123967

Aug 1, 2012
    Cool. Was right about them bringing faction wars ^_^

11. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I totally agree with that. The thing is, on top of the initial NINE.NINETY.NINE~! I spent in Immortals, I bought the starter pack for another $9.99. Did they do me super good? Nope...not really. I even had a talk with Jared about how pathetically little you get for $10 in the game, but I honestly didn't feel any guilt spending that money since I've been a lifelong WWE (and MK) fan. I have no idea if $20 is where I draw the line, but they've already made more money off me than if this was a $10 premium game. I'm pretty sure it's like that with anyone who's willing to actually spend money in these games.

That said...when I meant "premium", I don't think I had $10 in mind. I honestly don't think I would have a problem paying $60 for the same type of game that Injustice/Immortals offers (no matter how shallow), with all the MKX characters, no IAP, no timers and energy system and just a totally premium experience (probably with online multiplayer too). That honestly sounds like the perfect "Mortal Kombat X Mobile" game to me, but alas...that probably won't ever happen until we're running the actual MKX on our iPhone 20s and everyone's bitching about the sub-par touch controls. :p

12. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    $10 for a full fledged rendition of MKX? It's $60 when its releasing, they would have to be idiot publishers to sell a full game for $10. The craziest thing is $10 is seen as expensive to most people on the appstore.

13. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    We're talking about a premium Injustice/Immortals type game. Not the actual console game.

14. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    Wooo! Just watched the video on the TA main page, and this looks awesome! I couldn't get into Injustice or Immortals because i didn't care for the characters, but MK is a teenage love of mine, and the martial arts and brutality seem to be all here.

15. oldsnake

oldsnake Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    Me too,no problem to spend more than 10€,expecially if The game it's supported with updates after every major new OS,no more game break,One time purchase Premium Experience..

16. oscar123967

Aug 1, 2012
    I hope there is drm. Injustice's multiplayer is a mess without it

17. oscar123967

Aug 1, 2012
    #57 oscar123967, Mar 31, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
    Obviously not an official source, but the dude is the one who uploaded the only gameplay video out there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I know jared mentioned the whole Champion Character feature, but he kind of glanced over it a bit.

So pretty much you have an alliance (a friends list), and in your alliance you're capable of choosing someone to assist you in a fight at no extra cost. During the fight you'll be able to tap an icon on the screen to call him in. He will then perform some kind of power move and then tag out.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Fantastic news man! Thanks!

Now i need to find a way to get my son to spend more time with his mom and his nanny so i can play this without fear of him watching. :D

19. oscar123967

Aug 1, 2012
    Ooo lots of info on the kombat kast

20. oscar123967

Aug 1, 2012
    #60 oscar123967, Apr 4, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2015
    Confirmed on this week's MKX Kast:

Campaign:
    -No mentions of cutscenes/dialogue
    -Campaign menu is a horizontal scrolling map with various towers
    -With each tower there are various battles, like in Injustice.
    -Battles vary in difficulty and there are sometimes modifiers that spice things up a bit.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Factions:
    -cross platform (console & mobile)
    -rewards are earned on both platforms
    -points can be earned on either console or mobile
    -You can change factions at any time
    -There are 5 different factions: Black Dragon, Brotherhood of Shadow, Black Dragon, Lin Kuei, Special Forces, and White Lotus.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Champion System:
    -You choose any one of your favorite characters to be a "main character" that all of the community can see/check out
    -Your champion will be displayed on your menus and your profile
    [​IMG]

Ally System:
    -You can choose someone's champion character to assist you in a fight.
    -One time during the fight, you will summon the champion in, perform a special, and then the champion will teleport out
    -If your champion gets chosen as an ally, you will get Alliance points which you can then use to buy cards. so make sure you make your champion a badass
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cross Platform Unlocks:
    -You will earn rewards for console for playing on mobile and vice versa.
    -You can unlock special character skins as rewards. Ex you will recieve Ninja Mime Johnny Cage and Farmer Jax Briggs if you link your WBID with the console and mobile version.
    -If you are familiar with Injustice's reward system, you will be completely familiar with this one.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]