Universal Mortal Kombat (By Warner Bros.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

But no practice battles or FATALITIES. This is Mortal Kombat but instead we get a crotch flying in our face and that same landing.

2. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    You can just practice by grinding towers right? And I guess they're not going to give us fully working Fatalities after all :/

Also I heard the discount on Kombat Pack is over, and the Revenent Pack costs a bucket of souls.

But new Challenges are sweet!

3. squashy

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Crap I cannot connect to Faction Wars even though I'm browsing the Internet perfectly fine right now. Is it my turn to deal with bugs? )):

4. squashy

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Nope, got it to work now.

5. CrazedJava

CrazedJava Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2015
    I have uninstalled the game. This last update was more of an insult. 850 souls for the NR pack, which is $50 real money? What is my incentive to NOT just hack and get what I want?

I'm done. I uninstalled Injustice and Immortals as well. Sick of WB, sick of them putting their communities into meltdown before doing anything, no communication, no regard. The MKX model is the same F2P model I hate with so many other games and now that I see they are doubling down on that model they may as just have told me they don't give a crap about me as a customer, only for the standard churn and burn.

6. Sabaki

Sabaki Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2012
    Are there still working glitches for this game?

Lol. Don't play much anymore

7. squashy

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    I can relate. For a pack of 3 golds they could have cut it down to 600 or something. 850 is just overwhelming.
    There was one in 1.2.1 but they have patched that too ;___;

8. Golden Boy

Golden Boy Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Financial Manager
    Liu Kang challenge is now live! Enjoy!… can't wait to play with him.

9. CrazedJava

Jan 29, 2015
    Before you get too excited, I saw on the WB Forums that Liu Kang costs souls to upgrade. So much for Challenge Characters being accessible. I was almost having second thoughts about walking away from MKX and then I saw that.

Man, I am just bitterly disappointed with them right now.

10. Golden Boy

Dec 12, 2009
    Financial Manager
    I'm aware of Liu Kang costing souls after unlocking, and it doesn't affect my attitude towards the game what-so-ever.

Look, it's a free-to-play game, that I very much enjoy playing. Sure, things could be better but, honestly, ALL freemium games are like this — no one is ever satisfied.

Do I let it affect me to the mental level that you're protraying here and on the WB forum? No way, I don't share that mentality — it's a game — a FREE game.

I don't need to write constant essays stating my dislike of the game, nor would I continually come back time and time again if all I do is COMPLAIN!

But hey, that's just me. More power to whoever lives life in a constant state of negativity. You don't like the game anymore? Then move on, be at peace. Simple.

11. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

I'm sure this F2P model is way more lenient considering the anger it would cause to long time fans , besides not having fatalities, that is.

I drilled through the Thunger God Raiden Challenge like it was nothing and I haven't payed one cent on this game.

12. Sabaki

Sabaki Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2012
    I see your point Golden but I don't quite agree.

Sky Force is a game that did freemium right, not this game.

Secondly, if you look at the price of the Sub Zero or Scorpion packs, I don't see it as free either.

Lastly and in my opinion, most importantly, someone needs to make a noise.
    We the gamers are the custodians of gaming and it's the only counter we have for crappy practices forced on us by the likes of Warner Bros or EA.

the little I know about Crazed, he seems like a decent guy with a passion for gaming. Taking him to task because he has chosen to express himself differently to the way you chose to, achieves very little

13. CrazedJava

Jan 29, 2015
    FWIW I didn't take exception to Golden's comments and he is right, I am moving on.

I am being brutally honest that I am disappointed that they didn't stick to Injustice's model but instead went to the most cynical depths of IAP practices.

That said, I am not going to keep poking up on this thread to play whack-a-mole-oh-how-I-hate-this-game like some people do.

If people are still enjoying it then I say more power to them. I refuse to tell people they are fools or stupid because, well aside from being rude, I think it's valid to still enjoy the game. I was already getting a bit tired of it, definitely tired of how WB handles their customers, and this latest update was the final nail in the coffin for me.

14. squashy

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    On CJ's defense, he has shown great support for this game, writing quite a few tutorials and cards reviews. So complaining is definitely NOT all he has been doing. He's entitled to his frustration given all the time and effort he has invested in MKX.

Now for some sort of good new, someone claimed that you can draw Liu from Kombat pack. If this person is not a troll, then at least we have an easier time fusing him.

The Revenent Pack is ridiculous, but someone has pointed out that maybe after purchasing it, you can draw Rev Sub and Jax from Kombat pack as well. This might be wishful thinking, but if it'll be nice if it actually works that way.

15. Hephaestus

Hephaestus Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2014
    Is there any way to make the EXTREMELY long unskippable cutscene not play every time this game is opened?

16. DantBro18

DantBro18 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2012
    Can't you just tap on the screen? That's what I do to skip it.

17. Hephaestus

Hephaestus Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2014
    Doesn't work. It's several minutes long, too.

18. squashy

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    I don't know why, but now you can only tap to skip it when it comes to the scene where Sonya and Johnny Cage fight Barakas.

19. Golden Boy

Dec 12, 2009
    Financial Manager
    This may be true for you, but for me, I can skip the intro movie right away — there is no waiting, just a simple tap and I'm to the menu screen.

20. macatron

macatron Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Injustice does this to me from time to time (usually after an update). The only way I can get it to work is to either uninstall/reinstall or disable iCloud backup.