Universal Morphite (By Crescent Moon Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Sep 20, 2017.

1. millerjs86

millerjs86 Member

Feb 19, 2017
    Got about 10 ours of casual exploration and some missions in and love it so far.
    Just some thoughts:
    - the UX for the mini map leaves a bit to be desired. Being able to zoom around (instead of only in/out) would be nice
    - I've noticed with my Mfi nimbus, space combat firing doesn't work nor was I able to steer my ship during an early asteroid avoiding mission entrance
    - when opening the mini map while driving mounts you can't close it without also dismounting (may be an issue with the nimbus)
    - would be cool to have some random ships or something that you could land on other than planets. Maybe derelict ships with challenging foes and good loot?
    - advanced effects makes it run super slow and I'm running a 13" iPad Pro, raising view distance beyond 4/6ish also makes aiming significantly slower
    - loved the Lost Easter Egg #⌨️⏳
    - would love to possibly see armor fleshed out. Maybe I'm not far enough in but perhaps some more unique upgrades
    - alternate ships might be cool in the long run though probably not functional at all
    - seeing under water is a pain, maybe a head lamp upgrade
    - map doesn't work under water which makes the last bullet all the more frustrating at times
    - perhaps a way of tracking side quests? Like which planet/station to go to?
    - base building (shoot for the stars I figure #)
    - pet taming? Maybe get a sidekick somehow

Best $8 I've spent on an iOS game in a long time. Worth the wait!

2. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    I had the same firing issue with my stratus xl during s-ace combat. Firing does not work. Maybe cosmetic ship upgrades/customization would be cool. Also, best $8 I’ve spent in quite a while as well.

3. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    That's the same one I have, thanks for letting me know :)

4. LeoMoraes

LeoMoraes Active Member

Jul 15, 2017
    Some doubts to dev.

Hey dev!

First things first:

Congrats for this game. Im having a marvelous experience in this trip. It's f*cking awesome.

I have some doubts about.

-Its normal to scan the same"rare" objects many times i can?
    -Every time i landed in a station, the layout of the level had changed. Characters and merchants too. Making difficult to accomplish certain missions.
    -In a third time that a landed on the same planet, 3 trinket appears. One of them with a trinket that i already have. Its normal to found repeated trinkets?

Once more, thanks for this game. Congrats and sucess!

Cheers!

5. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    Thanks guys! Still compiling the list :)

6. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    hey guys i have an issue with apps downloaded in the past couple of days, including Morphite.

can anybody check on desktop iTunes if it says "downloded" or still has the purchase price on it?

i've just emailed Apple and i'm waiting a response.

7. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    In mine it said "downloaded" yesterday (I can't check now because it's in my work computer). The very last iTunes removed the app store completely, so I had to revert to the previous version and deactivate all the automatic updates and checks for updates of iTunes. Maybe your path to downloaded apps is wrongly set? Just a wild guess...

8. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    not that empty if you compared to the other planet. but anything interesting added to the planet will be appreciated. my question is will there be another harder/tougher enemy later? i like an action games that can be challenging and this is not the case with morphite, the enemies seems too slow and predictable. i like this game and this is probably on my second list of all your games after aralon and ravensword. i wanna play more to see where you can add update to the game with more interesting things.

9. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    I'd like to see more enemies. Some of my favorite parts is running around killing stuff. I'm not saying a bunch more just maybe like 20 or 30% more per world. I wish there was some way to track a side mission like click it and then next to abandon there's track then on the stars map it'd show a line in orange or something in stead of green. But if some side missions appear randomly on random planets it doesn't sound like it'd be possible but any side missions that aren't that random? Maybe can be tracked? There's 2 I have that I've had a while I can't find one is to find crystals in some caves (the caves have a name I forgot it tho) and to find some kind of pie for some dude which I've actually had since the beginnning it's my first side mission I've gotten and still haven't found it. Also the fuzzy dice trinket, I dunno what constitutes bad events but after I got it I hardly come across any events at all, 1 space combat so far in the whole game, period. 2 the debris field you navigate through I came across that 2 times the trader 3 times and some random fuel sucking and resource stealing events, but my biggest concern is the lack of space combat. I've been to all kinda of planets and that 1 fight was so fun I'd love to encounter them more almost regularly. So maybe give us an option to turn off the effects of trinkets? If the fuzzy dice are why I'm hardly encountering any debris navigating and space battles.

10. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    Anyone wonder what so many npcs have done to be standing in the corner like they're on time out? I see this a lot lol this is more of a observation than anything . Sure it's weird but meh it doesn't actually take anything away from the game experience. Just curiousity, why are there so many npcs in timeouts? Hmmm? :p

11. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    thanks for the suggestions guys.
    adding more to the list.

12. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    But Josh said that it also works on iPad 4 with lower graphics,so not all is lost.

13. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    One more request: a marker in the map, like an arrow indicating the way to go if the planet of the mission is out of sight, and also an arrow pointing to the player's position when you don't see it in the map.

If the map is 10,000x10,000 stars and you start scrolling, you can get lost easily.

14. leokon96

leokon96 Active Member

Jun 3, 2016
    #134 leokon96, Sep 23, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
    Continuing on the bugs.
    In the mission with the solar modulator I didn't have the missile launcher and I was able to accidentaly squeeze through the side of the door to get it. I was stuck inside obviously, but I managed to drop my escape pod just behind the door. Mission accomplished.
    Then in the next mission where I had to deliver something, I never met the person. I just saw the statue holding the fragment, climbed up and that was it. Took me 2 minutes.

Edit. Fist time through I didn't have charge ammo. Now I'm back at the temple and it won't let me pick up the weapon.

15. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Loving it and knowing Josh is always around there was no way i was not going to buy it :D

16. leokon96

leokon96 Active Member

Jun 3, 2016
    Please fix the game so I can give items to npcs from older missions. I didn't do it the first time (as described above) and now the cutscenes don't start when near them.

17. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    that is a tricky one - only because once a mission finishes, the cutscenes will no longer trigger.
    That's just so if you go back to a planet you don't see the same cutscenes again.
    Will have to think about how to handle that. Maybe an option to redo a mission?

18. UnholyTrixter

UnholyTrixter New Member

Sep 23, 2017
    Saudi Arabia
    Ideas for future Morphite updates

Some ideas for future Morphite update
    1. Black holes (Once entering will toss you to a far star system)
    2. Scan Leaderboard
    3. Crashed ships on planets with crates to loot
    4. Day-Night system
    5. Weather system (Sandstorm, Blizzard)
    6. New plants and animals
    6. Ancient Alien cave drawings
    7. Random Morphite Raider attacks on planets
    8. more interesting space station
    9. A laser sword :)
    10. Planets with moon
    11. Animal fossils (with the bones sticking out from the ground and everything)
    12. Possible VR or Cardboard support

My Twitter: @Unholy_Trix

19. leokon96

leokon96 Active Member

Jun 3, 2016
    Yes, that'd be nice for people who don't want to start over to replay them as well. Thanks for answering!

20. Shortdog5150

Shortdog5150 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2015
    Male
    Just downloaded this for my iPad Pro 9.7. Seems really cool! The Advanced Effects setting drops the frame rate a lot...was hoping it wouldn't do that on my iPad...Wonder if it does it on the new 10.5 Pro?

Also, looking forward to hopefully being able to sync games in the cloud so I can continue the same game on my iPhone 7 Plus! He said they're probably gonna work on that.