Universal Morphite (By Crescent Moon Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Sep 20, 2017.

1. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    You're only as old as the games you reference! I'm 40 next month so feel your decrepit pain!

2. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    Ahah starfox ! Even the space battles with that dodge roll button almost feels barrel roll-ish starfox style .. just in fps form. If only the ship was more flat and you some buddies flyin around with you. ;) yeh I'm 33 so I feel the nostalgia as well ^_^

3. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    40 is not old.

Source: I’m 40

4. CrayonWarrior

CrayonWarrior Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 9, 2014
    Great southern land
    Your right 43 is old, hint I'm 43 :p

5. drh1961

drh1961 Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2013
    You kids have it good these days. My first computer was coal powered.

Anyway, I tried this out very briefly on an original iPad Air. I’m only on the first tutorial planet but it seems to run pretty good so far. I really like the graphical style of this game.

Along with Stellar Horizon and Galaxy on Fire 2 on iOS, No Mans Sky and Elite : Dangerous on PS4, Morphite is a worthy addition to my space/exploration type game list.

6. shfrost

shfrost Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    Well, if 43 is old, this ol' boy better cash in right now. #

I've held off buying this game so far, only due to an expensive couple of weeks, but I won't last much longer (today, more than likely). Love the old-school polygon graphics. For some reason "Sentry" came to mind. Vastly different game but, ah, you "old" gamers will probably understand. #

7. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    Did we just make a game for old people?? I guess I'm pretty old too so that makes sense.

8. Mry1975

Mry1975 Active Member

Dec 18, 2014
    Doesn't work on IPad mini 1 :(

9. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    Sorry about that, yeah, its mini 2 and up, iPhone 5c and up basically...

10. saveria201

saveria201 Member
    Patreon Bronze

Aug 7, 2017
    teacher/translator
    Japan
    I am playing with a madcatz mfi controller (the smaller of their two dual stick ones) and it plays fantastically, so far.

I am not good at shooting games but I LOVED Metroid Prime a million years ago when I played it in university at its release and this has a similar feel to that game, in its exploration and pacing. I personally adore the graphical style too and sound, it’s rad.

11. Mry1975

Mry1975 Active Member

Dec 18, 2014
    Maybe you should mention that in the compatibility notes.

12. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701

hey Josh, how about the soundtrack, i would love to have it.

13. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    I can't modify the compatibility notes unfortunately, because any device that can have iOS 9 installed can install Morphite whether it works or not. The one thing I can do is add it to the app's description, which is currently locked until the next update. So when the next update comes out I will add that for sure!

Speaking of updates, anything you'd all want to see next? I'm starting to make a priority list.

Obvious ones are more plants and animals, more side missions.

14. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    Its coming soon - it will be on iTunes from Carpark Records (the label I used to release music on)

15. matyou98

matyou98 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2012
    Request - when you are purchasing resources have it show how much you already own on the purchase screen.

Bug - when using a nimbus mfi controller the sensitivity is sometimes way too low (halfway on both axis) until I max out the x and y axis. Then if I touch the screen to look around and go back to the controller the sensitivity corrects itself and is super sensitive until I set the sensitivity back down to halfway for both x and y.

16. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    There's something with the sensitivity sliders for sure. I tampered with them, quit the game and when I returned they were back to default (at least the second and third sliders).

17. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    added to my list, thanks!

18. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I'd love to see more random space encounters and space minigames. Aside from increasing a bit the chances of these happening, I'd add more games: escape from pursuing ships inside an asteroid field (controlling acceleration as well as the ship), mine asteroids for resources, stumble upon an abandoned space structure and have to exit it before it collapses (like the millennium falcon exiting the death star ii in the return of the Jedi),... Things like that, all configured as random minigames that appear every now and then when traveling from planet to planet.

This IMO would give a bit more presence to the space segment of the game.

19. leokon96

leokon96 Active Member

Jun 3, 2016
    There is a bug in the story missions. If you close the app while playing one and then load the last checkpoint, it can force you to repeat old dialogue with npcs that took place before the save.