Universal Morphite (By Crescent Moon Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Ag3ntP3ndergast

Ag3ntP3ndergast Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2016

Thanks for the answer! :) good job with the game, too.

2. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #82 VirtualBoyFreak, Sep 21, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
    You know it, you want it on all the devices... As me! :D

I've just tried my Logitech Powershell and it doesn't work too well, although I was expecting this to be honest. When you press up it moves forward and activates the map at the same time. Move right or left and it changes constantly of weapon.

This makes me think the game is optimized for a full-MFi controller with two joypads, and not for a half baked MFi controller as the Logitech Powershell. Anyway, back to playing this hem with on screen buttons.

3. ZAOalive_777

ZAOalive_777 Member

Jan 16, 2016
    Is anyone playing on iPhone 6? Is it working well? I'd like to know before I buy.

4. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    I did pretty extensive testing on the 6 and it plays fine with the default settings. I usually play with battery saver on.

5. Yep currently playing on a 6, runs great!

6. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #86 VirtualBoyFreak, Sep 21, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
    I'm playing on an iPhone SE with maximum draw distance and it looks fantastic and smooth as silk. I'm playing without the battery saver activated and it's eaten 32% battery in 1h. EDIT: I've had the phone go down from 100% to 27% in 2h30m, so without battery saving activated it's a battery eater, identical to Neon Chrome. Better have a charger near.

I'm going to explore the second planet of the missions and I've explored another planet. I went into a planet that was too hot too, and as soon as the pod opened I was told to leave ASAP because it was too hot.

I take my time exploring and I love spending time to try and explore every inch of a given planet. I think it's the main beauty of this kind of games.

This game is a free time sucker. I've already upgraded the ship a bit in one of the stations. How do I upgrade the suit, handgun and things that aren't ship-related? Thanks.

EDIT: Featured In the Spanish App Store, and on the third position: no need to scroll right to see it! Congrats! I've left a 5-star review. Hope it helps.

Attached Files:

7. JasonLL

JasonLL Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    Very cool game! Reminds me a bit of both Metroid and Zelda and I love space exploration.

I do have a bug to report.
    - If someone resets button positions on the iPad (10.5) the bottom left button (pistol) and bottom right buttons (shoot, jump) will no longer be in the corners. They will be elevated near the center of the screen.

8. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    How is it on the iPhone 5? I'm leaning towards getting it on PS4 for now.

9. JasonLL

JasonLL Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    I would pick it up on the PS4 if I had the choice between the two devices. I'm using a Pro 10.5 and I notice a performance hit turning up all the graphical candies. If you NEED to play Morphite on the go then I would wait for an answer on these forums but the PS4 would give you the best performance and visuals. That way you could play Morphite at full settings and down the line pick it up for mobile.

10. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    It's also featured in Brazil. The second one on the list after Stormbound.

11. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    What minigames have people discovered/encountered? In my 3h session I've stumbled across two minigames in space:
    shoot down an enemy spaceship and escape an asteroid field.
    . The game feels like it's had A LOT of attention to detail: a coffee cup in the pod when you return to it, having to press an actual screen on the side of your seat to take off, etc.

12. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701

and a coin-op in a space station, but it was "out of order"... i would love to play a pac-man or space invaders clone there.

13. millerjs86

millerjs86 Member

Feb 19, 2017
    I've got the nimbus and it works great honestly.
    My only real comolaint so far is lack of universal saves (unless I'm missing something). Would love to go from iPad to Apple TV since my nimbus controller works on both.

14. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Thanks man.

15. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I'm pretty sure it works great with mfi controllers with all the buttons. That's where the difference between a $60 mfi and a $10 mfi lays ;)

16. millerjs86

millerjs86 Member

Feb 19, 2017
    Got it on amazon for $30 ;)
    Worth it!

17. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    In Amazon Spain they're not so cheap. Thanks anyway, I'll keep on searching for a good and cheap full mfi controller.

18. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    Still having fun. Using iPhone 6 Plus with battery saver on and it runs just fine. Had to abandon the marshmallow side mission no matter where I tapped or moved around tapping, basically no matter what I did I couldn't pick up the sticks with marshmallows on em. And even when I did I was never able to a second time to continue the mission so something is up with the pick up mechanics. Most other missions where I had to pick something up "pick up" button popped up in bottom center but not for the marshmallows :p oh well just 50 chunks :p

19. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    I found 3 trinkets. But only 2 is useable rn I got one that helps something I have no idea what since I haven't unlocked it yet.

20. icepulse

icepulse Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008
    #100 icepulse, Sep 22, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
    It runs great on my Mini 2 w/ shadows off. Somehow, the polygon worlds hold my attention more than the NMS environments. Is that crazy? I also enjoy exploring the bases more than in NMS. I guess it's because it all feels more personal on my little Mini screen. Also has a comforting retro feel, as if Starfox opened up into a secret game world.

P.S. I am old.