Universal Morphite (By Crescent Moon Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Sep 20, 2017.

1. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    iPhone 6 Plus, had to basically turn all graphic settings off and/or down just so it wouldn't be all skippy. Anyone else encounter, on the second planet, when first arriving the screen went orange for like 5 minutes ? I thought i fell through the ground like a glitch cause I could move the reticle just there was nothing but orange, but just when I was about to give up the pod landed and everything went to normal

2. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    Btw not 1 complaint so far . The settings and skippyness that's on me for not being able to update my device.

3. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    When does the game save progress? Does any icon indicate it's saving?

4. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    #44 MetaGonzo, Sep 21, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
    I’ll tell you what it desperately needs, a way of adding flags to planets with say 2 dozen characters worth of notes. These could then be listed on a menu screen and clicked on to plot a route to said planet.

I’ve gone off to have a wander straight after the first planet and have found one that has an area that seems to be only accessible at a later date with some new kit (I assume). It seems unlikely that I’ll stumble across it again.
    Even if I write down the system and planet there’ll be a lot of clicking until I track it down again. Needs to be ingame.

Other than that, it’s looking pretty good so far.

Edit: And like absolutely any mobile FPS, 3D Touch to fire would be a very welcome option.

5. AccordionNoir

AccordionNoir Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Save points

Games save at points along the story areas of the game. (Usually after a particularly tricky part.) There's a text-notice on screen. The other planets don't have saves. If you die you go back to the ship I think.

6. AccordionNoir

AccordionNoir Member

Sep 21, 2017
    planet notes

I would love some way to annotate planets. ("Where was the flying basketball?") Great suggestion.

Pretty sure the planets you can't access are either normal "too hot/cold" ones you need a better suit for, or future parts of the mission you'll be directed to later.

7. MetaGonzo

May 7, 2009
    The one I was referencing is actually a planet with
    a cave entrance that needed to be opened with a grenade

8. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Thanks. I guess that if I explore a random planet and return to the ship with new resources, it will save then too. Right?

9. chronosz

chronosz Well-Known Member

May 24, 2016
    Congrats on the stellar review on Pocket Gamer Josh!!

10. TheSop

TheSop Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2016
    Does this game support cloud sync?

11. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Just tried for a fwr minutes and the controls do work great!

12. MetaGonzo

May 7, 2009
    Whilst I’m glad it did well, that is one lightweight review, even by PG standards.

13. shadowgamerr

shadowgamerr Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2011
    Living life and Playing mobile games
    Right by your side
    Didn't see an option for this anywhere. So unless I've missed it, case in which I welcome Josh - or anyone else for that matter- to correct me, I'll say it doesn't have Cloud Support.

14. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    first impression:
    i like what i see so far, the control are responsive and well tune and im using nimbus mfi on iphone 7 plus. my only complain is its not clear what we have to do on the later missions after the tutorial. probably they should add more hint to make it more clear on what we have to do next. i found the message icon later after a few visit on planet, i thought that was only an inbox message from my crew. also like everyone said before the planet feels so empty. i dont know if im playing more maybe we can find more exciting things. found a tribe with few people which absolutely doing nothing other than just standing and stare each other totally ruin the mood of the game. i want to see more on my second playthrough before i decide wether to keep playing or just stop for now. 3 stars from me for now.

15. MetaGonzo

May 7, 2009
    There’s not a great deal of help with where to go for side missions. I have 2 on the books, one with no guidance whatsoever on where to go and another with very vague guidance what has proved no use.

I had only one other and that was taken on and then completed on the same station so no problem.
    The other 2 obviously require going somewhere, but where?

I’m leaning towards agreeing with RRs assessment; so far, off story it’s just a bit dull. I’m looking forward to completing the story but exploring for explorings sake? I’m not so sure.
    Hopefully I’ll be eating my words and it ends up providing more to do off piste.

16. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    @RR how far are you in the story? Maybe I can help you get to your next section.

@meta Some side missions are a bit obtuse - it will say at the bottom usually where to go, i.e. Random planet or random station. If you tell me which one I can give you some tips.

17. MetaGonzo

May 7, 2009
    Thank you. :)

I have:

1.)
    Fuel transport: Nearby planet

2.)
    Servo: No location given

18. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    Ok #1 is actually just found on a random planet, you'll just have to search around for a bit...
    That one was hard to place because so many of the terrains don't have very flat areas.

#2 This one is in the story, about just over halfway through, the planet after you get the
    grappling hook

19. MetaGonzo

May 7, 2009
    A random planet? There seems to be quite a few! Ok; maybe I’ll bump into it. Will it come up in the course of the storyline? I’m not going searching planet to planet to find one that’s flat. :D

Regards to number 2, if the story takes me to that then great. I’m definitely going to do the story.

20. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    I'm going to try to explain here how random planets work a bit so hopefully it will make more sense as to how the random side missions work.

Random planets are made of randomized terrain pieces. We stick side mission setups on these terrain pieces, so if you bump into a certain terrain piece, theres a certain chance that that side mission will spawn.

You may have seen the marshmallow mission in the caves, that one seems to come up first a lot because its in a lot of cave terrains.

Once you have accepted a side mission, that particular side mission's set up should spawn with a good chance on the next time you encounter that terrain piece that has the mission set up.

We spent most of our time finishing the story, we really wanted it to be good, and make a compelling case to play the game. Be sure to listen to what Kitcat and other NPC's have to say, they usually point you in the right direction. It gets more difficult later on in the story but also gets way more fun because of the new tools you get. I don't have as many hints later in the story, basically on purpose.