Universal Morphite (By Crescent Moon Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Thought I would drop in and say congrats to Crescent Moon on the launch. Really loving the visuals in this game, and controls well too on a touch screen. Hoping it gets a ton of downloads.

2. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    ?

Guys how empty is the world? Is it alive brimming with stuff or no?

3. Xcxc

Xcxc Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2017
    #23 Xcxc, Sep 21, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
    from various console version reviews most of them say the same thing: planets are dull / lifeless.
    Anyone having the same feedback?

Hope TA reviews this quickly.

4. Tychaeus

Tychaeus Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2015
    Lol, I feel ya. Like, it makes you want to return to the forums just to say how much you like it multiple times. There ain't nothing like this really on mobile...and its not just a first, but a DAMN good one. Just aesthetically even, and the music/mood...surprised at how great the voice acting is even.

5. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Only read one “bad” review. In fact, only see three on Metacritic — 55, 70 and 90. But even the 55 PS4 review said the story campaign is good. Just the stuff outside of it was repetitive.

Personally, I’m more interested in the main storyline anyway. The other stuff they can add to as long as it has a solid base.

Certainly sounds better than No Man’s Sky, which truly was a borefest.

6. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Whoa. I need to get this on PS4 now too. Guess I'm going to be all in on Morphite soon.

7. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Medium. I wouldn’t say “brimming”, but fairly diverse. There are similarities, but I’ve seen lots of new creatures and foliage. There are a lot of worlds. Some you can’t land on until you upgraded armor to handle the heat, or cold.

8. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Thanks man!

9. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Impression: very smooth on iPad PRO 10.5, the touch controls are very responsive. The buttons takes a bit time to adjust to but turns out they can be relocated (thanks CM Games on Twitter). Still running the "tutorial" for the time being, but it looks fine.

Suggestion: I think it needs a photo mode.

10. Saucepolicy

Saucepolicy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2009
    Crispy ex-game developer
    No knock on Morphite, and I'm certainly not trying to compare the two games. However, I had to respond to this-

If you didn't request a refund like most folks, I heartily suggest you try No Man's Sky again. A year and several huge updates later, it's an entirely different game. In fact...

...No Man's Sky has all of this already, as well as base-building and huge freighters you can acquire.

11. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    hey guys, have you tried the Advanced Effects option? can't see the difference between normal and advanced.

12. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    i know, i would love to play NMS, but my PC can't handle it, too old.

13. currymutton

Oct 16, 2008
    Statement: yes, but I see no big difference.

Demand: would CM Games please kindly explain this, please?

14. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    When I turn it on everything gets really detailed shadows, and the frame rate dips to like 10fps lol. That's on an iPhone 7 Plus. Prefer playing with it off for sure.

15. currymutton

Oct 16, 2008
    Observation: no frame drop on Pro 10. Does this has something to do with view distance? I am still on the tutorial planet though...

16. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    The advanced effects enable real time ambient occlusion - which is what the PC and console versions have by default. I'm on a 7 plus and the frame rate with it on differs quite a bit. It will probably be great on an 8 or X I'm sure. Future proof!

17. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    I’ve got shadows and maxed draw distance on. Frame rate is excellent, looks amazing. Advanced kills frame rate for me, so I’m not using. On iPad Pro 12.9, iOS 11

18. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    I second the request for 'photo mode' in a future update.. This games just deserves it..

19. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    doesn't seem like it would be that difficult to add that.
    added to the list.

20. AccordionNoir

AccordionNoir Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Morphite finally!

The advanced graphics don't work on my iPad Mini 4, but it looks/plays great otherwise. They'll be a bonus for faster machines.

After playing as a beta-tester the only big feature I want is to take screenshots with the controls hidden. They look so good, I have hundreds of images. Somebody should start a gallery/contest for best #MorphitePics

Tips:
    Scan everything. If you hit a planet where all the trees let you scan them individually (biological diversity?) scan/grind the whole forest. That's serious treasure for buying upgrades. (Scanning dangerous creatures is tricky.)

Ammo slowly reloads by itself, so you're never totally stuck with nothing for critical moments where a single shot is all you need. Lifesaver. (Shooting creatures also reloads stuff.)

Delve deep for "trinkets" which give buffs you can see in your Items menu.

It may help to keep track of what resources you need, and I wish I had a list of all the planets/systems I'd been to so I could find some of them again.