Universal Morphite (By Crescent Moon Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Bucktroo

Bucktroo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 29, 2011
    Male
    Analyst
    Natural State
    Just curious, anyone have an idea of how many hours of gameplay this bad boy is?

2. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    With many million star systems and planets to explore, I'd say you won't have time in your life to finish this :D

3. Bucktroo

Patreon Bronze

Apr 29, 2011
    Male
    Analyst
    Natural State
    You challenging me good sir? My skeletal body might still be able to progress!

But in all seriousness, I wasn't sure how long the 'quest' itself was or if after all that you could just take off and explore for a lifetime.

4. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    someone who follows me on Twitter who just finished it said it took them about 30 hours, roughly.

5. Bucktroo

Patreon Bronze

Apr 29, 2011
    Male
    Analyst
    Natural State
    Was that for the 'main' quest/side quests? Or does that account for all exploration, like 100% completion (if that's possible).

6. phred

phred Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Has anyone completed a pest removal side quest? I got a quest to get rid of an infestation in a space station I was visiting. I have no idea what to do....the station looks clean as a whistle, and I haven't found anything that remotely looks like a pest or an infestation. How does one complete this?

7. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    I have a feeling that was probably what is required for the main storyline - and that makes sense.
    I can finish it in about half that time because I know exactly where everything is and all of the shortcuts and secrets.

8. Bucktroo

Patreon Bronze

Apr 29, 2011
    Male
    Analyst
    Natural State
    So, what I'm hearing....I'll likely end up with WAY more than 30 hours of gameplay haha

9. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    Was it the Lornok infestation?

10. phred

phred Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Maybe? I can't remember the name of the infestation. What did you do for the Lornoks?

11. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    sorry - pest removal is a totally different one.
    I think thats the one with a garden full of bugs. I think its found on random planets - will confirm.

12. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Me, it's found in the space station. You need a tool to finish it, it's found in the space station itself. I don't remember exactly the name of the tool, but it was like a vacuum cleaner of sorts. You have to clean the stains on the space station floor.

13. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    now I think we're all talking about different missions... lol

Lornok Infestation
    Dirty Carpet
    Garden Bugs

Those are 3 different missions

14. phred

phred Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Is there a wiki or something that I can use to look up these missions?

15. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    no but someone should make one - i started a tips thread in the general discussion..

16. atalkinghamsandwich

atalkinghamsandwich Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2015
  17. jati

jati Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 5, 2013
    Temple Mission

Hi there, so I’m stuck in the Temple mission I guess. I have the Morphite. But I want to open that missile block or get past it and I can’t figured out how. The missile door outside is also still closed. Do I need some special item or something?

18. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    once you exit the Morphite door in that temple, there's another Morphite door above the cracked wall.
    Go in there and you will find what you need!

19. jati

jati Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 5, 2013
    Thank you Josh for your hint. I still couldn't figure it out and maybe we were even talking about different places in the game. Found a „Let's play“ that helped me. I didn't realise that I
    had to shoot these platform things with the charged laser gun.

And as a little feedback: I really like this game a lot. It is great that something like this still comes out on iOS. It doesn't happen often for me, that I really get into a game. I like that I can play it in short bursts or for long sittings. It has a variety of things to do, it looks good and the soundtrack is catchy.

On my personal wishlist would be:

* A way to read dialog again. Like an archive. I sometimes miss a piece of information or I forgot about it.
    * More transparency about the save points. There are dedicated ones that show up on screen, but I guess that the game is saved more often than that?
    * iCloud sync to play on more than one device.

And, sure, if you would flesh out the side missions and planets more, that would be awesome. I focus on the main storyline so far.

20. shadowgamerr

shadowgamerr Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2011
    Living life and Playing mobile games
    Right by your side
    I second this, especially the part about iCloud. Right now, because I started playing on the iPad and got to around 40% or so of story, and some exploration, I don't really play anymore because I would have more time on the phone and I can't carry progress between devices. It really needs a way to transfer the saves...

Other than this, I won't bore you with how much I like the game, you heard it enough already. :p