Morphite - 3D Planet Exploration Atmospheric Adventure

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by JoshCM, May 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tychaeus

Tychaeus Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2015
    Doesn't sound bad

I would probably go for it myself depending on how expensive we are talking, if it was upwards of 20 or 30 dollars..maybe not, I dunno, I guess it would also depend on how high of quality the game is aiming for as well.

2. zdkazz

zdkazz Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2015
    It depends on how long this game will be to be honest. I love buying collector edition art books for games I have a shelf full of Bethesda and bio ware books hehe but the issue is those are for consol and pc games which are longer and soothing I'll invest countless hours into. So the two main factors that will decide if I buy the art book will be length of the game and price of the art book.

I mean no offense it's just most iPhone games arnt long or good enough to warrant a 60 $ purchase, so how long of a game are we talking about?

3. Tychaeus

Sep 23, 2015
    Multiple platforms?

The fact that this might end up being huge and even going to say..PC, Vita, or gasp...might I hope..3ds...that would make me consider spending a bit more on the book possibly.

4. Tychaeus

Sep 23, 2015
    Zdkazz pretty much echoes my thoughts, yeah.

5. Tychaeus

Sep 23, 2015
    #

The game..meheh...just looks so promising..I am getting hopeful and excited lol.

6. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    Once we get closer to having the story finalized - we'll better be able to estimate the length of that section, but you will be able to explore literally tons of planets once your equipment is all upgraded. So there should be hours and hours of play time just in that regard. The quality of the art and the book though is the main selling point for that item - and we'll probably sell the full soundtrack as well.

Here's another image I posted over the weekend.

Attached Files:

7. Tychaeus

Sep 23, 2015
    Upgradable equipment?!

So, you mentioned upgradable equipment...do you mean finding different items to progress through the game in the typical metronidazole fashion....Oorrr...more of a Diablo-esque type weapons and armor drops/upgrades? Is this going to have heavy RPG elements? Tons of planets...planets? To explore? #. #. #. # >_>. Prolly more in line With the whole metroid item collection progression model I'm assuming, but I can dream.
    Norway, once I know more of the price for the book I could say one way or another, but I'm pretty excited and impressed so far....long as it doesn't go the way of Exiles or some such >_<

8. gemineye62

gemineye62 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    An art book would be nice, but being a Canadian, pricing could be a problem.
    A $20 book would jump to $40 Canadian by the time I pay the conversion and shipping.

9. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    =oO

How have I missed this for so long?!? Screens look great and everything sounds like it could be HUGE!

Just voicing excitement... And hoping to keep semi up to date through the thread subscription. =oP

10. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    When will this release?

11. zdkazz

zdkazz Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2015
    That is a taboo question here hehe

12. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    shooting for a early fall release if all goes as planned - but we have a ton of content to create. So we'll see!

13. zdkazz

zdkazz Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2015
    Ohh cool

14. SconicX

SconicX Member

Jun 22, 2016
    Hey Josh, this looks really really good. I'm a metroidvania fan and found the genre solely lacking when I play things on my tablet. Looking forward to this. :)

15. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    A peek inside Mr. Mason's hangar shop! (might not be the final colors)

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

16. zdkazz

zdkazz Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2015
    Nice are we going to have the option to play as a guy or a girl cause Samus is awsome and all but as a guy I like playing as a guy in games

17. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    I won't rule it out as of yet but the story does contain a female voice right now.

18. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Looking excellent.

19. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    Some screenshot saturday stuff:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]