Morphite - 3D Planet Exploration Atmospheric Adventure

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by JoshCM, May 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    Yes, probably will be iOS 7 Compatible, I don't see why not.

Here are some things I tweeted recently.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Kimchisoju

Kimchisoju Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2015
    Male
    Caregiver
    so wait... I'm a robot??

This is so cool! One question. You said seven planets that randomly generated, but may I ask how big are in planets as in exploration size?

3. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    There will be seven planets that are part of the main storyline (maybe more depending on how the story goes) - but you can go off and explore the rest of the universe, as there will be millions of randomly generated planets there to explore. We will be limited to save file size, so I think our current save limit is 500 planets. After you've explored 500, your oldest save will be erased. That number is sort of arbitrary at this point, but it will probably be somewhere around there.

4. Kimchisoju

Kimchisoju Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2015
    Male
    Caregiver
    Oh man oh man

So, what your saying is basically we have a mini No Mans Sky on our phone? An ambitious task, even if it's single player and doesn't have many features (which I know it will have plenty) all I ever wanted was a exploratory game that I could go from place to place, experience beauty and awe at my own pace! I'm buying this day one! No matter what cost to me. It's worth it in my book

5. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    I never said it was going to be NMS - I think it will be cool in its own right, but its more like a procedural Metroidvania on various planets vs. the Space exploration that NMS is.

6. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    Some more pics from Twitter I've posted:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

7. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Liking what I see

8. gemineye62

gemineye62 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    #48 gemineye62, Jun 12, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
    Do you shoot nodes or doors to open doors like in other metroid games?
    Also, does temperature and pressure play a part in the game?

Thanks

9. diffusion8r

diffusion8r Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    Whenever I read 'metroidvania' in a description of a game I get very excited but also ridiculously high expectations of what is to come. I assume owing to the graphics you're going for a Metroid Prime type game? The main unique element of a metroidvania is finding upgrades for your equipment which allow you to backtrack and enter other areas - I'm just curious how you're going to make this applicable for procedurally generated planets, or if you're not doing this and if so what other elements of the genre you're focusing on?

10. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    In the main storyline the planet layouts are predefined - but the creatures, plants and other things are still procedural except for the bosses. The rest of the planets have procedural everything. Your suit will have to be upgraded for survival on planets with harsher temps and atmosphere. Yes you need to shoot the doors and other things that are part of environmental puzzles.

11. kripa1415`

kripa1415` Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2012
    his game looks very nice with all those details ! I would have liked to watch a trailer game before download it and test it.. anyway. It's a very good job !

12. zdkazz

zdkazz Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2015
    This looks awsome loved metroid prime

13. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    When is this gonna be released! Approximately....

14. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Rand you know that question is poison on these forums.

15. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Looks truly amazing!

16. Dead Rashad

Dead Rashad Member

Jun 17, 2016
    Awesome Graphics!

17. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    We were thinking about doing a high quality large format coffee table book to support the development of the game.
    Would anyone be into that? Some of the concept images I've attached.

Attached Files:

18. Tychaeus

Tychaeus Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2015
    I am glad to hear that I will be able to play this game on my IPAD 4! Thank you guys for that ��. Also, I would absolutely be interested in the Coffee Table Art Book proposed, usually I might not be interested in such a thing for a game, but the art and landscapes are really..well..a thing of art. I like the somewhat abstract type art...yes it's a bit like what no mans sky is doing, but they do not have a sole right to that art style or anything, and personally, I am actually more interested in this game than NMS..looks like to much dog fighting type combat to me...anyway, what were your thoughts on a price point for the book? Will there be any kind of beta, demo, or such and if so...any approximate..even if a very loose one..on when such a demo/beta might be available?
    Thanks for any info, keep up the great work!
    Sid

19. Tychaeus

Tychaeus Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2015
    Digital Version?

Also, would there be a digital version available? Actually...would there even be a physical version made available might be more the right question?
    Thanks again,
    Sid

20. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    Haven't done the pricing yet for it, its not cheap but it is very high quality. You'd get access to the alpha, beta, and final versions of the game in all formats that it releases on as well.