Morphite - 3D Planet Exploration Atmospheric Adventure

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by JoshCM, May 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    @Josh: is there an Android version in the works? Maybe you already said it, but I can't remember...

2. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    #542 currymutton, Sep 20, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2017
    Appunwrapper has made 3 game play vids on this. I have not watched it myself but go look for them on Youtube.

3. Mariko

Mariko Well-Known Member

May 19, 2016
    I was just thinking out loud, but I always welcome opinions from others. It gives one a broader idea of a situation. Which is a good thing.

I'm going to grab both. Being able to play on multiple platforms, is worth it. Too bad there is no cross save, though.

4. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    outstanding!!!

5. Lurchroboter

Lurchroboter Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2016
    Has anyone actually had a chance to play this yet? Had really high hopes with this one, but the (few) reviews i managed to find for the ps4 version were... underwhelming. Of course, reviews express just a personal opinion, but im not sure what to make of this atm. Trailer looks great again btw ��

6. brothamannp11911

brothamannp11911 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    #547 brothamannp11911, Sep 20, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
    I only found the Playstation Life or something review, which read like "this isnt a $60 NMS-like" yet still praised the main storyline.

Its a game where, outside of the hunt for Morphite, is wandering for the sake of wandering and finding some cool stuff along the way....

It really is like Metroid Prime, a tad slower-paced, but if you could fly off with Samus and explore other random worlds...

I only got a few hours into the main story but at the build I played, it was a really cool experience.

It isnt a world beater, but its pretty awesome, nothing like it on mobile and really havent seen or played a Metroid Prime-like in a long time that maintained that sense of wonder and "oh wow look at that!" When you find some new temple or weapon.. like I think Morphite does. Cant wait to get it and see how its progressed since I last played.

7. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    We seem to be getting much better reviews for the Xbox One version than the PS4 version for some reason.
    Well anyway, Morphite was originally designed as a mobile game so we're going to probably to have a tough time compared to all of the other billion fps's that are out on consoles.
    I think the controls and ease of use make it easier to pick up on mobile. We're excited to hear what people think of it!

8. erdiferik

erdiferik Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2015
    Apple TV version? Or are you afraid of cannibalize to ps4 sales?

9. Lurchroboter

Lurchroboter Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2016
    #550 Lurchroboter, Sep 20, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
    @brothermannp11911 thanks for your first hand impression. That really gave me back my enthusiasm. Also, i checked the xbox one reviews and they were indeed far more positive. No idea why the Ps4 people were so harsh (the one brotherman posted was kindergarten compared to the review from a site named pureplaystation.com). Anyway, screw those reviews �� will buy when it hits the Appstore later on, as i was looking forward to this since i saw the first screenshots about a year (?) ago.

On a side note, -just out of sheer interest-, how many different creatures are there to find? And are there plans to expand with DLC?

10. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    well depending on how this does (if it can keep paying the bills)
    then we'd like to delve more into random abandoned vessel exploration, random temples, more ships, more things to do, possibly multiplayer...

11. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Amazing. It's just what I'm looking for. The wait is terrible... Less than 4 hours until midnight here, but I'm not sure if it'll appear at midninght or at 2 am, as they usually do on Thursday releases.

12. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    So...probably discussed somewhere in these 55 pages, but please enlighten me. How much for the iOS version? It’s an insta for me no matter, just want to be prepared.

13. nbehre11

nbehre11 Active Member

Mar 29, 2013
    7.99 good sir

14. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Quick reply! Thank you. I’m ready to roll... ;)

15. nbehre11

nbehre11 Active Member

Mar 29, 2013
  16. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    Been saving iTunes credits for a few months for this . Like a little here and there to ensure I had enough for it no matter the cost because until the last couple days the cost was never quite clear there was 7.99 and 14.99 floating around but no post where someone said "The mobile version is going to be $7.99 and consoles will be $14.99" so I just saved a little from my monthly $15 iTunes card until I had a free 15 bucks. Of course now it's clear i only need 7.99 of it but still. I've followed and waited a long time. Hopefully it will be out today at a decent hour (pst) and not like galaxy of pen and paper and cat quest where they didn't come out until it was sometime the following day because even though they had the release date set with Apple hey still didn't release the games when they were supposed to. Just have to wait and see

17. Tychaeus

Tychaeus Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2015
    Supposedly somewhere between 8-10 pm give or take a time zone

18. Tychaeus

Tychaeus Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2015
    I played a lot of Destiny on xbox 360 for years, then my clan all went xbox 1 and I decided to try PS4. I found the community on playstation quite immature, crude, and just lacking in general....maybe this has something to do with the difference in reviews between the two. PS mentality seems like they wanna be PC elite and experience cognitive dissonance lol. Oh well, biting my fingers till ios release! Really think you guys have outdone yourselves this time. I think it would be amazing to see DLC or expansions for this.

19. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    It could also be that they are taking it too literally as 'What No Man's Sky should have been' where its not meant to be, and its not a $60 AAA huge budget game either. I think if you thought of it as a casual atmospheric fps where Samus explores random planets and has a bit of cheeky fun, that would be a good description. :p