Universal Morgul - the endless dungeon (By LIMING CHEN)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Mar 31, 2016.

1. CptMurdock

CptMurdock Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    I have not paid for Chloris yet (the all-rounder with AoE Magic attack, AoE heal and team speed+/enemy action progress -. The prices for the characters seems like a bit much. I may eventually get her due to that kind of versatility. I am also thinking about the Mage. Blink filling initial action progress to go first regularly would be HUGE. Not sure how I would go about squeezing them in to my group though. I am currently using Berserker, Rogue, and Healer/Archer in the back. I mostly use the healer though. Front row is Exorcist/Knight and Necromancer.

Chloris could naturally fill the Healer/Archer slot very well obviously.

The question boils down to the Mage and what to remove for him. The rogue and Berserker are far too important to remove and this leaves the exorcist/knight or Necromancer. I have to admit that I love having the Necromancer and having the option to deal damage while healing the lowest HP member in my group, magic attack the whole front row and lower magic resist, rage move targets everybody and steals huge HP from them all feeding it to the Necromancer in case she is low on health and her passive a are really nice for a front row character. Boosting spell resistance high and dealing 300+% spell resist damage to opposing attackers as poison damage is very nice. The ideal replacement would be the exorcist... The shielding is very important but that is really all that he does. The attacks are not bad damage but he feels so worthless outside of shielding...

2. jn2002dk

jn2002dk Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    Denmark
    I have all classes unlocked except for the berserker

I was using exorcist and necromancer for the front row, mage bounty hunter and the aoe healer for back row which is awesome right up until you meet physical damage reflect mobs. Like purple groups with stinging in front of their name

The problem is the bounty hunter does so much dmg she will die from the reflect as soon as you use any of her attack skills. How does rogue or berserker handle this?

Or do i have to stack lifestealing to deal with it?

I'm also trying to decide between the knight and the exorcist as the 2nd front row char. I might have to go with the knight because of his stun but i'll have to try it out some more

3. CptMurdock

Sep 21, 2012
    I have stacked a decent amount of life steal and some mana steal on my Rogue and Berserker. Between the two of them I can pretty much wipe out everything in the back row and the front row as well thanks to the Necromancer hitting the full front row. I also like having the knight for stuns but the exorcist shielding the whole group is really nice even if it is the only thing that he does. The only Mob groups that give me any kind of trouble are the AoE attacking Mobs. Protecting the back row is important. I suppose I could stack more armor, spell resist and HP on the back row as well... Even my front row can get chewed up right now though so I don't know. I am really looking at speed at this point. If everybody in my group goes first I don't have issues as I kill things quickly. Bosses will probably require speed+stun locking if I had to guess. I have not really even thought about the Bounty Hunter to be honest. Her skills don't excite me much right now. If you have most unlocked and say that she is really strong though then I will certainly believe you. I will probably try to unlock the rest over time if I do not get burned out or anything with the game. I love grinding for gear and this game is just that. Random stats on equipment with the exception of legendary items which are fixed but can vary stat wise. Random unique items can be amazing if you get lucky and get the right combinations of skills on them. Some stats seem pretty rare and hard to obtain though.

4. jn2002dk

May 22, 2009
    Denmark
    #44 jn2002dk, Apr 20, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
    Against mobs that aren't clouded or anything else that lowers %hit i find Bounty Hunter to be the strongest by far. Her normal AOE attack will usually wipe out most of a group before the fight begins and she is only slightly slower than the rogue meaning you wont have to stack a lot of speed to get her to start the fight. Also, none of her skills rely on mana so you never have to worry about that

I just need to solve the issue of reflecting mobs because she does too much dmg for those

I really love random loot games too and this hits almost all the spots. The only thing that would improve it in my opinion would be random floor layouts but it's not a big deal

I'm still trying to decide on the perfect group setup. The aoe healer is a given. Heal, cure, aoe dmg, slow + group speed on default attack is just too good. Necromancer is a given too. Her passives makes her very resilient and she can dish out good dmg as well. The mage is also a great dmg dealer and her passives will give her lots of extra actions once you get some crit gear for her. Then there is the bounty hunter with the issues i've mentioned. Rogue is pretty good but i'm not sure his cloud makes up for his lower dmg capabilities compared to the bounty hunter. Especially because most of the troublesome mobs later on seems to be relying on magical attacks which renders the cloud useless. Unless of course he is better at dealing with reflecting mobs later on

I've considered the berserker but from reading his skills it seems like he would have the same issues as the bounty hunter and with less power

So it comes down to knight or exorcist for the last front row spot. I've been using exorcist so far because of his group protection spells but that's all he does which is why i'm considering the knight as he brings more to the table with stuns

5. CptMurdock

Sep 21, 2012
    #45 CptMurdock, Apr 20, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
    I really like the rogue for hitting the back row. If an enemy is stinging or reflects some damage he is only hitting half of the mobs thus takes less damage. After hitting the back row with my current HP and life steal he typically ends with a little under 50% health which I can heal with the Necromancer or the healer.My berserker has a bit more life steal (I keep him around 14-19%) and his AoE takes a 20% chunk which essentially fills right back up with the life steal. I have avoided his AoE against stinging enemies but he might just have enough HP and life steal right now to pull it off as long as he is not doubled in attack strength by one of my relics. My rogue only has 6% life and mana steal. The physical attackers with just a little bit of mana steal never run out. Pure magic casters have to worry about the mana regen stat. Really wish mana steal and life steal applied to them as well as stuns and other effects. Seems like the casters get the hose here. The Mage is a true glass cannon though. If I ever pick up the bounty hunter she will most likely replace the Mage but I do really want to test out the Mage mainly because of blink and rocking high crit. Will take a large mana pool but it seems like the Mage should get quick attacks in long boss fights.

Edit: Once I manage to clear through and get to my 2nd run I will most likely farm one of the lower floors to collect a bunch of stat boosting potions. Going to take a lot but it would be easier to farm them on some of the less complex lower floors.

6. Aces

Aces Member

Apr 15, 2016
    Berserker has the most power BY FAR! He uses 2 weapons...only character todo that. Reflect mobs: reduce your crit to 5%, stack life steal, heal between attacks. if this fails, use only magic users. I'm on level 55-2. (2nd time through the game, level 55.) berserker is level 85, and the dragon OWNS me.

7. Aces

Aces Member

Apr 15, 2016
    Reflect mobs.

Single attacking the mobs is helpful too, if you can survive.

8. Aces

Aces Member

Apr 15, 2016
    My Berserker

Here's my Berserker with one of my better gear builds, focused on dmg. With a slightly different build I've gotten 246,000+ critical hits.

Attached Files:

9. jn2002dk

May 22, 2009
    Denmark
    Cheers Aces, i'll give it a try:)

10. CptMurdock

Sep 21, 2012
    That weapon is ridiculous. I theorized that getting enhance attack/spell % to appear more than once would be possible like other stats but it is such a rare stat. Wow!

11. CptMurdock

Sep 21, 2012
    I am thinking about and wondering if I could get by without any shields. Having the bounty hunter, rogue or Chloris on the front row with the Necromancer then whichever two out of those along with the berserker in the back row. A lot of burst damage surely. I am not sure if it would work or not. Shields seem to be pretty important. I just hate having a character for just shields and it would have to be the exorcist since he is the only one that can shield everybody...

12. jn2002dk

May 22, 2009
    Denmark
    The problem arises later on when you have mobs that can attack all your characters at once using magic. They'd need a crazy amounts of spell resistance

13. CptMurdock

Sep 21, 2012
    If you stack speed along with the damage though you "should" be able to burst DPS them down before taking more damage than you could heal with the Necromancer/Chloris.

14. jn2002dk

May 22, 2009
    Denmark
    I'm not sure

There is a boss later on, the ghost i think, who uses a magic attack on the entire party. I doubt you'd be able to burn her down before she got to use it. At the very least i think you would need the knight because of his passive that grants spell resistance to the entire party

15. CptMurdock

Sep 21, 2012
    If you have the HP and/or spell resist to take the hit then an AoE heal could keep the party afloat... I don't know. If I put the exorcist in the group somebody obviously has to come out and I have no clue who it would be right now.

16. nosoup4crr

nosoup4crr Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    When do you get to forge?

17. jn2002dk

May 22, 2009
    Denmark
    Of the posters in this thread, i think Acer is the only one to unlock it

I assume it unlocks after you've beat all the bosses for the first time but i'm not sure

18. Aces

Aces Member

Apr 15, 2016
    That's the only one I've ever gotten.

19. Aces

Aces Member

Apr 15, 2016
    Correct, AFTER first play through...so, here are a few more tips for everybody.

1. Charms make a huge difference! Like it says in the tip, your charms WILL be the difference between a win and a loss. To defeat the The Master you should use the charm that stuns all enemies near you (don't equip it) then use the charm that injures all enemies for 60% damage at the start of the fight, don't equip. You should equip Upanisads, Ancient Larva, dragon blood pendant, and cheetah statue. Your other two are up to you, but I've always got my resurrection stone, and often I use the gold feather, though lately I use the parchment, while I'm leveling.

2. Your Fairy is just as important as your charms! You need first chance, resurrection or relay, and Protection...most important. I haven't seen the benefit of hypnotize but I'm curious about it.

3. I've had a lot of success with killing mobs for xp with only 1 or 2 guys and those charms I mentioned earlier. Quick way to get xp...hit first, max out critical chance with high crit dmg. 1 shot win.

20. Aces

Aces Member

Apr 15, 2016
    Another super important tip

DON'T forge ANY red items lower than level 80....they will drop, and the cost is the same to forge high level as low level items.... So only forge the high level.