Universal Morgul - the endless dungeon (By LIMING CHEN)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA

Morgul - the endless dungeon

LIMING CHEN
    Introduction: Explore the dark dungeons,Fight for equipments,Fight for good! Morgul is an engaging roguelike, a game a…
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Introduction: Explore the dark dungeons,Fight for equipments,Fight for good! Morgul is an engaging roguelike, a game about adventure. Morgul is also a traditional turn-based RPG, a game about development. Collect and develop characters, find equipments, seek treasure, and, above all, survive. ▶ Features - Classic turn-based RPG - over 80 different skills - Billions of Legendary Equipments - Rare Charms - Cute Spirits Be careful,they can get addictive !! -Endless gameplay After clear the game for the first time,Sorry,you are just kind of getting start.In the second round,you can forge your legendary equipments to a higher level,the creeps become more tough,of course you can get more rewards from them. -Challenge your limitations You die,then you start from beginning.Avoid traps,Survive for as long as you can! If you have any problem,feel free to contact us, Email: [email protected]
    Information
    Seller:LIMING CHEN
    Genre:Adventure, Role Playing
    Release:Mar 30, 2016
    Updated:Jul 02, 2016
    Version:1.04
    Size:225.2 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (11)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Pretty good, the controls are kinda wonky for me but nothing too horrible. The IAP are meh especially the fact that the first time I entered the shop the purchasable characters were all.99 and the next they were all various prices up to 8.99 which is pretty steep for me. Might be a bug? I really hate the consumable IAP you have to buy with diamonds. Other then that the game is pretty fun. I am only on the third floor now but it's a decent turn based party roguelike and you can never have too many of those.

3. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

#3 Anotherkellydown, Mar 31, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
    Made it to floor 6. I've got a party of three and we're heading down, down, down.

I'm no RPG expert but the battle system is simple, and the action is as fast-paced as you want it to be. Good graphics too. As far as the controls, I didn't like the default setting but went with the floating joystick instead (it's the top one I think). That works well for me.

The English translation could be better, but I've seen much, much worse. All in all I'd say it's worth your time. Not sure about the characters you can buy. The default ones seem ok to me.

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Same imps as above. Im still going on at floor 11, but the boss at floor10 almost wiped my team out. This is pretty enjoyable, but i imagine the bosses will scale so much faster than your team would, but i will reserve judgement on the balance for now. It's just scary that there are IAP items that would help out, but so far they are unnecessary.

It's cool that some characters are one-time purchases coz that makes it feel a bit more premium. There is however some consumables through purchase of additional currency which this game has 2 of.

5. Dragan

Dragan Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Belgium
    Rogue Saga is i.m.o. a much, much better rogue like for a ridiculous price without iap's, let alone consumable iap's from a dev who keeps improving the game.

6. TrencH

TrencH Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Mar 29, 2013
    I will check it out! Thanks!

This game was alright but seems like it still needs some work. I was not too happy to see how the iap heroes you could buy start really getting expensive as you get to the last one. I like the character design though and I always enjoy the item management and finding better loot. That is a treadmill I never seem to get tired of.

7. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Is it just me but it seems sound effects are "nicked" from World of Warcraft?

8. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    My 2 cents.

Tried till floor 4 and The Game is solid, characters are enjoyable, anche overall Game is good.

Controls could be better but are not bad at all, The only thing is that i prefere The premium experience so IAP are feeling that you're losing something.

4 stars by now without doubt. ;)

9. clovare

clovare Member

Jan 19, 2010
  10. Bloop2121

Bloop2121 Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Enjoying the game so far, but coming to the point where my Mage classes are feeling pretty weak. The fact that staves don't help their regular attack makes them very underpowered. With the lack of mana regeneration, once they are out of mana they are just flinging weak standard attacks for 10 dmg, where as my other classes get stronger normal attacks. Other then that I find the game very enjoyable, will save this game for an update though. Classes are way too imbalanced

11. Repulsa

Jul 3, 2015
    I agree with the class imbalences I would not purchase any other characters at this point and you should consider lowering the prices I mean additional characters in a game like baldurs gate aren't that expensive

12. CptMurdock

CptMurdock Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    If you keep pressing forward you can keep the Mage and healer viable. What they require is mana regen stats on armor which I have found enough of to essentially have a limitless supply on those two. I also have the 20% mana returned on new floors item. I can spam fireballs and the Mage is probably my strongest character due to the AoE of fireball. I do think that the cost of buying new heroes is far too much for me personally. I am currently somewhere in the 30's floor wise. Enjoying the game when I have a few minutes to kill here and there. No idea how far down the floors go or when I can unlock the forging stuff yet.

13. chenruibing

chenruibing New Member

Apr 3, 2016
    Made it to floor 51 !and have collected 500 diamond now , without any iaps!
    The default 6 characters seem ok to me
    I'd say the most importent equip's arrt is lucky,lucky!lucky!

Game is very nice, It's worth your time.

14. KingBane

KingBane New Member

Mar 17, 2016
    I'm stuck in the mid 40s floor level and worried. I can't seem to beat the floor. If I restart from the beginning due to dying does the stats of my characters stay improved from the elixirs used? It seems impassable, however I died mid 20s the first time and it gave me a handful of elixirs at the beginning of my second attempt. I see from a previous comment that 51 is reachable but what's the deal with the red outlined gear? Seems to be weak and maybe I'm not far enough along to forge it. Any answers would be great.

All that aside, the game is solid for .99!

15. Repulsa

Jul 3, 2015
    I am at the point where I am stuck on a floor I can't seem to progress from. Am I just fated to have to start over? Maybe it's because I didn't find the gear I needed, maybe it has to do with luck. Hopefully it's not because I didn't buy a bunch of IAP :p I feel like there needs to be a major rebalancing. Not sure if I am going to be putting any more time into this at this point.

16. KingBane

KingBane New Member

Mar 17, 2016
    That's exactly how I felt. I realized that I was very careless with checking mana cost and comparing it to mana regen before allocating skill points. On my second attempt, while paying much more attention to the gear and regens, it has become easier. Some gear gives % increased stats (far outweighs the additional version) and I keep mana regen on as much gear as possible. Actually won't replace a level 11 item due to its mana regen even though it's clearly inferior to the gear I'm getting dropped!

My best advice; set a strategy before starting a play through and don't OVERLEVEL skills too quickly.

17. clovare

clovare Member

Jan 19, 2010
    free download

Hi all, you can free download this game for a limit time.
    If you want to try, this is the time now.^^

18. Leonardo Dicarpio

Apr 7, 2016
    Great

I like free :)

19. Leonardo Dicarpio

Apr 7, 2016
    defeat the dragon

defeat the dragon! 55floor
    my Flavia can cast two fireball one time ,now
    yeah!

20. CptMurdock

CptMurdock Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Ugh... I keep dying on the rattlesnake boss on lvl 35. Need more spell resist I think... Anybody able to forge at all yet?