iPad More fun searching for apps?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by KoofNoof, Feb 28, 2009.

1. KoofNoof

KoofNoof Member

Feb 28, 2009
    For me, I actually enjoy searching for good games/apps more than playing them themselves. Is anyone else like this?

2. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Try Neogaf. They more talk and gather games than actually play them.

Of course, it's easier for iPhone games cause they're cheaper than regular games.

3. jecebn

jecebn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Kansas City, MO
    Yea, Im kind of the same way. I spend way more time looking for new apps and info than i do actually playing the games I buy. I do play the games I have, but I'm always looking for the next game to buy

4. Muzzle

Muzzle Member

Jan 17, 2009
    College Student
    Washington, D.C.
    I was like that the first couple weeks of owning a Touch back in December. Eventually I had researched enough to be familiar with 99% of games that get mention around here and other sites. Now I don't even search the app store itself, there's just too much crap to sort through. I just visit this site every 1-2 days to see what new stuff is worth checking out. Long live TA :D

5. Mattman

Mattman Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Agreed, at first I was obsessed with the sheer amount and availability of apps, now I mainly just check the main "hype machine" sites and enjoy what I have. Of course I still enjoy buying an app or two...or ten..;) a week, but hey, whatever :rolleyes:

6. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    Yea......I agree. I like to search for games as well. Although a few find this as a chore to 'sift through the garbage' on some threads. I really enjoy the research of the games as well. The behind the scenes type thing. I've been playing my games more often than usual because of an overload of them on my Touch........need to play/remove some of them (ones w/ no replay).

7. yomachaser

yomachaser Member

Feb 5, 2009
    I was for the first week or so, now I play way more than I research. I think anyone offered a pile of 15,000 apps is going to dive in and swim around for a bit, but the games are great so I would think playing should eventually take over.

8. gscal

gscal Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    I usually just check my favorite devs every day or two, and look at the shiny new apps they have. Not buying many theses days...(or playing)

9. gnadenlos

gnadenlos Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2008
    I read this forums regularly and hope that I don't miss too much interesting stuff that way. At least this should guarantee, that I don't miss any A+ games.

10. different

different Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Searching for apps is fun, because you might find something that no-one else has reviewed yet. But more fun than playing that game? Nope.

11. GatorDeb

GatorDeb Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    Me too, I enjoy finding them and BUYING them and end up not playing most of the apps I buy :( Looking to change this.

12. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    LOL! I am starting to become like that myself but I'm going to actually start playing/using the games/apps I forked over a lot of money for! :)

13. Crypton

Crypton Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2009
    Germany
    Yeah, me too...

Hi my name is Crypton, and I'm an AppStore-addict.

14. aleceiffel

aleceiffel Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2009
    art supply buyer/artist
    Oregon
    searching the appstore is a joke...
    if you even find a game you might like, good luck sifting through the reviews to get any sort of help

15. Spartan12103

Spartan12103 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    USA
    Yeah searching for apps isn't actually that boring.