iPad more fighting games .....

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by mar12, Sep 24, 2008.

1. mar12

mar12 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2008
    anyone know of any more fighting games coming out ?...funky punch is great and i love the 3d feel, but more fighting games would be a "capital" idea !!!!...oh and a video recorder too but that can wait till christmas ....lol

2. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    There are two fighting games that have recently released, both of which, from looking at the screenshots, seem to be exactly the same just with different graphics. I wouldn't hold out much hope for them. I can't recall the names offhand, but one was released just a few days ago.

3. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    If you're talking about the DS Effects games Id really suggest staying away. They're free web apps, so you can try them before you buy them. That's really a bad idea on his part though, because they're frickin terrible. All of those games seem to be not even halfway done. They're lame concepts and have almost no control. Try the web apps and you;l see what I mean. I recommend "Infiltrator" for a good facepalm experience.

4. mar12

mar12 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2008
    ya i saw those two games for free and i wasnt impressed with them then.....its a shame there arent anymore fighting games out there....even a boxing game would be cool and i'm not talking aobut that "Iboxing" nonsense.....a kickboxing game would be bliss...But! there's new games released everyday so who knows....thanks

5. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado

I totally agree, a boxing game would be great. When the Wii came out, tat was obviously one of the first things they went for. It has a lot of potential on the iPhone, as long as the right people make it.

6. tosui

tosui Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Toronto, Canada
    Forget the lovers, I want a fighter!

Thanks for the warning! It's too bad that they're no good; I'm really itchin' for an old-school button-pressing frenzy of a good time. I can't seem to get into Funky Punch (nothing personal). I'm looking for some mindless button-pressing kick-butt Double Dragon NES type fun (I'm not running jailbroken anymore, so no emulator for me :(). Something simpler than Blue Skies (which is great), but more challenging than just random button pressing of, say, Aqua Hoops (http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=291523235&mt=8)

Any suggestions?

7. break5

break5 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008
    http://iphonestudio.dsmedialabs.com/projects_theboxer.htm

Don't know when it's coming out, but it's called "The Boxer" and it's by the same people who made this game.

8. dudehuge

dudehuge Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2008
    Those DS Effects apps are just plain horrible. I feel bad for the people that buy their apps. They're also just clogging the Approval process because of their horrid app submissions.

9. mar12

mar12 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2008