Universal Mordheim: Warband Skirmish (By Legendary Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, May 24, 2017.

1. nickchia

nickchia Active Member

Jul 5, 2015
    I feel it's a waste of money to play this game. It is so hard to survive and your equipment will sometime get robbed. Injuries need to spend cash to heal. I want my money back. At least have difficulty option. No gold, no equipment andinjuries people.

2. nickchia

nickchia Active Member

Jul 5, 2015
    Can we update to allow choosing of enemy for my marksman to shoot. I have a few enemy in range but ok can shoot one. Feel so stupid

3. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Yeah. Deeply frustrating. It's explained in one of the earlier rule descriptions, can only shoot the closest available enemy.

Took me some time (and a couple of deaths) to realise that you can't shoot enemies in combat, either. Which I guess makes sense. But, yeah.

4. ac166

ac166 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Does this work offline?

5. vid_icarus

vid_icarus Member
    Patreon Gold

May 11, 2014
    Needs playable skaven

6. ac166

ac166 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    That's coming as dlc apparently

7. Robulous

Robulous Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    I took the plunge, and I have to say I'm really enjoying this. I have some injured guys, but my win/loss ratio still favors winning. I spent almost all my gold on slightly better equipment after the first few battles, and upgraded some skills, and I feel pretty good about my team.

I can tell I've been lucky, and I know my luck can change, but at the moment I have a feeling of excitement going into each battle, not being sure how my crew will look when we come out of it.

I'd suggest getting a fourth guy pretty quickly, though.

8. zack112

zack112 New Member

Oct 17, 2013
    $5 for skaven? No thanks game, that's $2 more than the initial purchase

9. gemineye62

gemineye62 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    Does anyone know how the store works? If I buy a weapon in the store, does it
    show up to be equipped in the camp equip area?

Thanks

10. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701

i've unlocked Skavens with ingame fate coins (got 18 when installed the game, and for Skavens you need 15), so didn't pay for them...

anyway, this is really underrated imho, it's a complex strategy skirmish game with a lot of skills, weapons, etc for every type of warrior and a lot of maps to fight the day... didn't understand what people want from it... maybe they don't catch the main purpose: it's not only a matter of enter the arena and obliterate the enemy (in that case the rewards aren't enough to purchase new items), you must seek for treasures everywhere trying to avoid the other warbands, and when you've collected enough, then you can face them... and believe me, the atmosphere is really great.

11. gemineye62

gemineye62 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    #51 gemineye62, Dec 3, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
    I really wanted to like this game. After playing for many hours and starting over many times with other units these are my conclusions.

In the end, there are better turn based games out there that are fun and rewarding to play.
    This game reveals its faults once you peal back the layers.

Firstly, how do you earn fate points. I have yet to get any. The developers are asking real money to buy more.
    I paid for the game and expect to be able to earn a few at least. When guys get injured or die you need fate points to heal or
    bring the dead back. Sometimes ,the injured need to sit out a fight to heal. Missing one warrior makes winning battles pretty hard.

I had one warrior receive a head wound. With no fate points, I could not heal him. He had a permanent head injury and was 75%
    of the time too stupid to move. I had to dismiss him as he was useless in battle. I spent a long time getting him leveled up, to
    only see him become brain damaged because I had no fate points to heal him.

The game is not balanced. Some missions I do well in. Other times, I can hardly put a dint in the enemy's armour.

I Played against the Rat creatures - Skaven or something like that. I lost all of my four encounters with them. They basically one
    shotted my guys. The fifth time I faced them , they did not appear to have any armour. I thought this is surely going to go better
    for me this time. Nope! My three warriors killed three of the rats. I surrounded the last one and hit him a good shot. Would you
    then believe that my warriors ran away and I got the Defeated text pop-up.? Come on! That would never happen in the real world.

With no grid on the ground ,it can be difficult to determine how far to move and still stay out of enemy melee attacks.

I have played hard games before like Darkest Dungeon and I love that game.

My humble recommendation is to stay away from this game unless the developers do an update to allow fate points to be earned .
    If the developers read this, why not think a little about what makes a good game? I do not mean a board game played with friends around
    a table. I mean a hand held game played by one person who may not be familiar with D and D rules and dice rolls.

A good game does not penalize players unfairly. This game appears to reward players, in the beginning , and then snatches your hard
    work away with deaths and injuries that leave your team crippled to the point of having to start over again and again.
    Where is the fun in that! The fun is sucked dry with these crazy game development decisions.

Anyway, I have finished venting and deleted this game for now. With a few changes this could be a really great game.

Thanks