Universal Mordheim: Warband Skirmish (By Legendary Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, May 24, 2017.

1. icepulse

icepulse Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008
    OMG yes. That and "Vagrant Story".

2. Majya Loken

Majya Loken Member

Dec 14, 2014
    #22 Majya Loken, May 25, 2017
    Last edited: May 25, 2017
    Same as the above posts. Loved the pc version and this is like 10% of that one. No explanations for symbols or in depth info on stats in battle on character actions. No grid or area circles or interaction with how your move will be affected with surroundings. You get a shield symbol with cover so at least that's good. But other symbols show up, I figured out stars mean your hit stunned an enemy. But it feels real absent of care when playing. No info on dice rolls for routing or other actions, etc. unable to click a visible enemy to check range, stats, abilities, etc. Like an above poster said move, bash repeat.

Positives are it's close to the feel of the tabletop/pc with the upgrading, outfitting and recruiting. Good graphics as well but not a direct implementation of the tabletop rules, I think.

But I am only about 4-5 games in, I'll keep on it cuz the table top and pc version are dear to me and I'll make myself like this haha. But if a developer joins our thread and is open to suggestions, will be ready to throw in for positive changes to the experience.

3. coolit

coolit Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2017
    Feels like Mordheim lite. For the price it's definitely offers enough in mobile entertainment value buuuut I'm kind of left wanting more.

4. titivivi

titivivi Active Member

Nov 20, 2015
    Can't find the release on the French App Store #

5. Majya Loken

Majya Loken Member

Dec 14, 2014
    ^ that

6. WaveLightGames

WaveLightGames Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Not really a fan of the cartoony graphics on the characters. They don't really fit the Mordhiem theme for me. However, the environments arw nice.

7. Defard

Defard Well-Known Member

May 25, 2011
    UK
    Don't choose Game Center logon and it should work...same for me but works this way!

8. coolit

coolit Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2017
    Anyone had their asses kicked by the Borklund Borkers yet?

Also if there's any other First Law fans out there well I had some humorous luck in this game... I created a character called Wirrun who got his ass kicked twice... the first time he got robbed which left him shirtless, then the second time he got a head injury that causes him to be permanently frenzied... now he's a beast with his great sword and just decimates everything... I hope there's no Bremer Dan Gorst characters out there #

9. vid_icarus

vid_icarus Member
    Patreon Gold

May 11, 2014
    I'm a little confused on faction difference. I went with Middenheim Mercs cuz I like their leader's armor, it said they have no ranged skills, yet i can still train all my units in ranged abilities.. anybody understand what sets the three factions apart? (Aside from the 100 crowns the Marienburg mercs get)

10. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    I loved the Heroes and was sad at the end. But that scene on the bridge in Sharp Ends with Wirrun and Javre is the funniest fantasy story across every source of media.

11. nickchia

nickchia Active Member

Jul 5, 2015
    I installed the game in my iPhone SE. Stuck after the tap to start screen. Keep showing "please wait".

12. nickchia

nickchia Active Member

Jul 5, 2015
    I install in my wife iPhone 6 also same issue. Please update to fix this issue.

13. nickchia

nickchia Active Member

Jul 5, 2015
    I manage to play after logout of game centre. The game only allow me to choose the 1st faction. The 2nd and 3rd faction need to unlock?

14. Vash85

Vash85 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2016
    The first time I started a game it let me choose from all three factions. Then after a couple of battles I decided to delete the save and start over but then it only allowed me to choose the first faction. Other than that I love the game but it needs more tooltips and info about the battles you are playing.

15. nickchia

nickchia Active Member

Jul 5, 2015
    Can we earn fate in the game? I cannot purchase fate, because need to login game centre. Login game centre the game will stuck in loading screen.

16. Grungebob

Grungebob Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2010
    Hmmm, maybe somebody can help me. I had a marksman with a crossbow get beat up and robbed. Now when I go to buy him a new crossbow, they simply dont show up in the store or in my camp. Is this just an item scarcity? I have played quite a few games since, and still no crossbow options anywhere. Sucks because I leveled up hus crossbow talent quite a bit.

17. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    When chars are KOd or die, they lose all equipment.

Equipment appears randomly in the shop.

Your char is stuck until the crossbow RNG gods roll in your favour.

18. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    I am left thinking this is not a particularly good game.

After a couple of hours, afaict, I'm engaging in arbitrary battles against arbitrary teams. Which, on arbitrary occasions, are so overpowered that I have less than zero chance against them.

And the only really sensible strategy is to hang back, pick off, finally charge in. Depending on how cyclical the behaviour of the AI becomes. Blah blah blah.

Thankfully, ragequitting works.

But the only point of the battles is to level up characters who swiftly become very slow to level up, whilst buying equipment that is insta-lost if injured / KOd, and is supplied from relatively slow / bland shops.

Maybe it gets interesting around level 10 chars, or sth.

Idk. As a long term wh nut, this is failing to push many of my buttons. Despite repeated attempts, with the hope that it'll suddenly pick up.

19. coolit

coolit Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2017
    Oh yes this game would definitely benefit from some female mercs like the lioness and shevediah haha...

20. coolit

coolit Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2017
    It doesn't get better sadly. Your guys definitely become much better as you level them up but more than likely you are going to have to spend money on fate if you want to keep them... it's dirty that they allow you to pay to save your characters.

Ultimately though there's nothing new to see as you progress... your guys might get higher stats and useful abilities but the difference between your first battle and your hundredth is negligible. You're still just doing the same thing repeatedly for a random amount of shards in an attempt to move up a leaderboard. If the game was pvp this may not matter but being an sp experience there's no reward in it.

It's really not a bad mobile game imo, but it really feels like they hit the budget cap with this one and released a half formed product. Worth the purchase but not continued play..