iPad Moonz?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by LordGek, Jun 12, 2009.

1. LordGek

LordGek Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Moonz $4.99

Here is the app's description:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The price is admittedly a bit high but I'm kind of curious. Anybody want to TOFTT?

2. Seishu

Seishu Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Student
    us of a
    To high for my TOFTT blood.

3. GreenLightJerky

GreenLightJerky Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2008
    Senior support engineer, jerky guru
    California
    If no one has TOFTT by the time I get my new iTunes card Ill jump in.
    Need a couple hours though!

Seishu, told you im jumpin in!

4. Seishu

Seishu Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Student
    us of a
    :D Go for it!

5. BeefJerky

BeefJerky Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    I'm new here but thought I'd give this a go. So far, it's pretty good fun. The main game involves taking objects (UFO, bus, cows) and throwing them into orbit with your finger. Then those objects have to survive a certain amount of time without crashing. If they do, you get points and then the number of objects is increased.

It starts off very simple but soon it's like juggling with gravity. Even in just the short time I played it, the urge to get those objects swinging around safely was compelling and had quite a buzz watching 7 objects all with different orbits barely missing each other. It's actually quite addictive.

The main mode just gives you a time limit (you choose from 1 minute, 3 minutes or more) and you have to see how well you can do in that time. There is a sudden death mode, which means one crash and it's game over.

There's a whole other thing called bunny defender. Objects hurtle towards the bottom of the screen and you just have to tap them to stop them. Wasn't as interesting for me as the main gravity game.

With most modes, you start with Earth but there are 3 other planets to unlock. No idea what you have to do to unlock them though.

Overall, so far, I actually really like this. If it were cheaper, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. It's still good for it's price though. The only issue is if you get it and it doesn't click with you. That's what Lite versions are great for.

So it's juggling with gravity and pretty good fun.

6. LordGek

LordGek Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Great heads up! So any sort of powerups or hazards other than just the obvious aspect of having more shoot to juggle?

7. BeefJerky

BeefJerky Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    So far, no. Just more stuff to juggle. But it's entirely possible that there is more to it as it goes on. Though the purity of the concept is working for me so far. A real 'one more go' game.

8. adxsoft

adxsoft Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Hi everyone,

Thanks for trying out Moonz! We are having a special launch sale of USD$0.99 until the 19th July.

Here's some more information about it for those who haven't tried it out yet:

Moonz has four unique locations to unlock, and a tonne of objects that are guaranteed to get laughs, including rockets, wormholes, dynamite, UFOs, London buses and more. Scores are stored online for each game mode as well as locally, and the game can be exited/resumed at any time with no loss of progress. The game can be played with the inbuilt soundtrack, or the user can listen to their own music while playing.

GAME MODES

- 1P Time Trial - Race against the clock throwing space junk into stable orbits. Hold them all without any crashes or interaction for 5 seconds to receive points & more space junk. Sounds easier than it is!
    - 1P Sudden Death - As above, but a single crash ends the game. Intense stuff!
    - 1P Bunny Defender - "Missle command" style gameplay, where you must clear the sky of incoming space junk to defend your planet (and your space bunnies)!
    - 1P Sandbox - Free exploration + placement of planets, moons, wormholes and other fun interactive objects.
    - 2P Capture The Flag - Classic flag-thieving gameplay with a new twist: gravity!
    - 2P Tag - Launch as many of your own missiles into orbit as possible, while stealing enemy missiles by tapping them.
    - 2P Shock & Awe - Create explosions on the enemy's side of the screen to score points.
    - 2P Bunny Defender - Launch space junk at each other's planets.

VIDEO

MORE INFORMATION

iTunes: http://www.itunes.com/app/Moonz
    ADXSoft: http://www.adxsoft.com.au/games

Thanks for your support!
    The Moonz Team

9. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    update out