Universal Moonshades Dungeon Crawler RPG (by BaldrickSoft Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Royce, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Tap on the compass icon to change the view, the large view is overlay type

houseofg likes this.
  2. christianX0

christianX0 Active Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Male
    Sweden
    Where can I find the key to the locked door
    down south-west in the voiceless dungeon?
    I’ve looked everywhere(obviously not).

Amazing game, the only complaint I might have is the movement buttons is a bit small as I mistap a bit too often.:)

Thanks!

3. SPOILER: There is a secret room near the entrance.

4. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Why are some of the purchases disabled? I want a statue ;)
    I am another who does not do IAP AT ALL. This fine game is my only exception to that rule. Fantastic! I am an old fan of the first person dungeon crawler and this one is by far the best I’ve played. It brings so much more to the table: mega tons of loot, crafting, great job on this one!

5. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Thank you very much for including the mini-map. I think you have implemented it extremely well. You have the option of always having a small map available or enlarging it to get a overall view of the dungeon. You can also not use it at all for those who prefer it that way.
    On the large iPad Pro, while the large map does get a bit hidden by your skills icons, it doesn’t affect the overall usefulness of it. For someone such as myself, who was even getting lost on the level two dungeon, this is a real game changer.

I am now much more likely to spend some money on gems for more inventory/storage space, mainly as a show of support for the game.

Thanks again.:cool:

6. Thank you for you kind words. :) Please try this: exit the game, restart your wifi connection, wait a few minutes, start the game again. Is the problem still exists?

7. istara

istara Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Loving this so far!

The minimap is obscured by the buttons on the right hand side. Playing it on an iPhone 11 Pro, it looks like there should be room for it if the buttons were shifted to the right as there's a gap there, but perhaps this gap doesn't exist on less widescreen formats?

Screenshot attached to demonstrate.

I have to say that I LOVE minimaps and really struggle with games that don't have them. It can always be an option to turn it off (I think Legend of Grimrock offers this, for players who want a more hardcore experience).

Screen Shot 2020-01-08 at 10.48.22 am.jpg

8. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    #68 stubbieoz, Jan 8, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
    I see your problem above.
    While I initially thought the minimap was partially hidden I now realise it is not when using an iPad Pro 12.9”. Hopefully it can be fixed for you.
    61467762-44D4-428D-AEC7-66CDF27DBBDC.png

Has anyone finished the game? I’m trying to find out approx how long the game lasts for.
    I am trying to decide how much to spend but I’m not very keen to spend up to $56AUD (for the statue deal) on a mobile game that only lasts for a handful of hours. ;)

Edit; To the developer. Any chance you can put the inventory icon on the characters portrait somewhere else. In some cases it covers the characters face. You can see what I mean especially in istara’s picture above this post with the right hand side character.

9. Thanks for the screenshot, will be fixed in the next version. It only happens on devices with "notch".

10. Unfortunately there is absolutely no room on the screen on smaller aspect ratios, I must cover something and the portrait is the less bothering (at least for me). But I will try to make some adjustments.

11. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    In widescreen devices (iPhone) there appears to be plenty of space at the top of the screen alongside the icons for skills, options, etc, and on 4:3 devices (iPad) those icons could be made a bit smaller and the inventory icon could be included.

There is no need for each character to have their own inventory icon because tapping on either character still allows access to both characters inventory.
    One inventory icon is enough.

12. istara

istara Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    I’ve never managed to use the Forge. I always get the message “the forge is not accepting any of these items”.

What exactly does it accept? I’ve tried with all different levels and kinds of gear.

13. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Recheck to read the recipes carefully.
    Make sure you have the items exactly as described.
    I had trouble also. When it comes to equipment melting make sure they are all of the same rarity. I was mixing common with uncommon and it wouldn’t work.

Also I was using the forge wrong.
    I was tapping on an item and then tapping Use. That gave me the “not accepting” message.
    I only realised later you had to tap on the little forge icon in the item description window to actually add it to the forge... doh. o_O

14. Zuzax

Zuzax Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2010
    Where is a good place to find Skeleton Skulls to finally finish these low-level quests? The skull drop rate from all skeletons is so abysmal that I have stooped to going up and down the stairs between Cruel Wolf 1 & 2 to spawn the Black Skeleton Warrior by the stairs on Cruel Wolf 1 to farm his drops. He seems to drop loot maybe 10% of the time and I will fill up the 28 available slots in my packs 3 or 4 times before one skull drops. That's a lot of trips up and down stairs...

The game is such a gem that this sort of grind for a low-level quest item (skulls) seems totally out of place.

15. girlfreddy

girlfreddy New Member

Feb 25, 2020
    Female
    I love this crawler! Really well done! Unfortunately I accidentally sold one of the *eye* gems needed in the Forsaken Tunnels. Are there any more chances to get a gem or do I need to start the game over?

16. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    #76 Solarclipse, Mar 25, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
    The forge isn't working for.me, even with 4 or 6 items? (Was it changed from 4 to 6?) I put in all common shields, helms, weapons—equipment.

Update: oh duh. Need a forge ruin. Won't waste this on common stuff then. Does the level of the gear You get depend on character level or the gear you put in? Update 2: yes it does.

One request for the dev—amazing job! But on the abilities screen there is no confirmation button, so I accidentally tapped a lightning spell for the character I am building up for meelee. Hopefully there are some free resets in there somewhere. I've already got the starter pack, could tell at the first level that I was going to love this.

17. girlfreddy

girlfreddy New Member

Feb 25, 2020
    Female
    It's 4 items and a forge rune. I've never tried with 4 common so not sure if that works.

KEEP the books and use them in the forge with equipment (no forge ruin needed for this - just a book and 1 equipment).

Solarclipse likes this.
  18. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    #78 Solarclipse, Mar 27, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
    It seems like the enemies in the from dungeon and restless tunnels are scaling to.my level. Does the difficulty just change the kind of enemy you face?

I'm wondering how I can figure out if I am ready for the medium difficulty levels.

One other question, does anyone now how far content goes? I've finished the cursed catacombs and got the note to wait for updates. I can see that the wiki page is pretty out of date so the good thing is content is coming along at a good pace, but I don't know how far along.

19. Bigrichman

Bigrichman New Member

Apr 14, 2020
    Male
    I have a question, is there currently a way to interact with the dark fog stuff that comes out of the coffin near the end of the tomb of the cruel wolf 2? My OCD has been going bananas trying to figure out how to open the secret door it's connected to.

20. Aahzima

Aahzima New Member

Dec 9, 2020
    Male
    Has anyone found the item needed for the coffin in tomb of the wolf curse 2 and what is it. I have been through this game several times and have not discovered any clue yet. Love this game but becoming frustrated at the lack of clues available.