Universal Moonshades Dungeon Crawler RPG (by BaldrickSoft Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Royce, Dec 20, 2019.

1. It is on my todo list :)

2. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Wonderfully polished game. I have no complaints, but I am longing for automap. BTW, character portraits look familiar, where have I seen them before?

3. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    excellent game pal!!!

anyway, it needs an automap, or at least an arrow/dot/icon to show us exactly where we are in the minimap, that's essential, the only thing in the game that cause me troubles is just the map... the rest is all greatness!

4. auver

auver Active Member

Mar 18, 2013
    I have stuck on forsaken tunnels. I solved four levers combination puzzle, but still can't find any keys. Two iron doors remain closed. Anyone help?

5. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    #45 Royce, Dec 24, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2019
    I actually enjoy the lack of auto map. The need to look at a map and try to figure out where you are by examining your surroundings adds to the sense of immersion for me. I mean that’s how it would be if you were actually in a dungeon.

Edit: Actually auto map is the wrong term. You don’t have to draw your own map so in a sense it does auto map, just not as you explore but rather when you find a map. It just doesn’t have a magical marker on the map, and I like that, though I suppose maybe a spell that reveals your location would be ok.

6. auver

auver Active Member

Mar 18, 2013
    I found it. I totally missed out purple gem in my chest :) I thought it was a kind of ingredient. Anyway this game is awesome!

7. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    #47 stubbieoz, Dec 26, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2019
    Sounded like a sweet game until the missing auto map thingy raised its ugly head.
    These days I tend to get hopelessly lost when a dungeon crawler doesn’t map my path.

Still, it sounds like it’s worth a download to see for myself. :)

edit:
    For people who also can get lost after simply turning around a couple of times, do not, I repeat, do not, enter the Chamber of Heroes at the start of the game. You have been warned. :confused:

(there is a couple of sweet items in there though)

8. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    #48 stubbieoz, Dec 26, 2019
    Dumb question;
    Got my first level up.
    Got an ability point but can only choose to upgrade my basic attack.
    Do I need to character level up more before another ability can be chosen and/or do I just need more ability points to allow them to be selectable?

edit;
    Oh I see, doesn’t matter;
    found an ability scroll

9. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    #49 stubbieoz, Dec 26, 2019
    Sorry for a triple post but I’m excited!
    Just posted a 5 star review on the AppStore.
    This game is a wonderful surprise. I have only made it through two levels so far but the game just oozes quality. You can tell the developer loves these sort of games. There appears to be a decent amount of depth with all the skills and upgrades and the item modifiers.
    There are a few things I would suggest needs changing (yes, I would love a mini map but I am getting by with the static one, just) so I sent them off to the developer via the ingame feedback. I hope the developer can keep it mobile only. I hate it when a game starts on mobile but makes its way to pc and the mobile version gets abandoned.

One thing I forgot to mention to the dev was the game is not optimised for the latest iPad screens. There is the black boarder all round and that dreaded home bar is bright white and the date/time/wifi/battery icons are all showing at the top of the screen. Just letting people know.

I hope to hell those gems are not going to be a problem. I don’t mind buying a decent handful for extra inventory space and to support the developer, but some of the stuff you can get, such as ability points and experience, always concern me that a game may be nerfed to make it completable only by buying them.

But the game is very, very good. :cool:

10. Minimap with location icon will be available in a few days. :)

Gwarmaxx likes this.
  11. Minimap is on the way. :)

12. There will be a minimap with location in the next update, but can be turned off for more old-school rpg feel. :)

stubbieoz likes this.
  13. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    That’s good news. While I totally appreciate the purity of playing without, for me it’s a matter of convenience and a lack of time to go at it old school.

14. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    Honestly, this, for me, is the best game I've played on IOS for the entire year. It's beautifully constructed and supported by a developer who is very interactive and involved with simply making his creation better and better.

Everyone who plays this should buy some IAP for this; it's the least we can do to support such brilliance.

15. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Freezing character bug fixed! Thank you Mr dev

16. Maillard55

Maillard55 Member

Jun 6, 2014
    A wonderful surprise thanks to this forum. Love this kind of game and it's a nice change of pace from the hero-collecting fodder out there right now. I too am stuck on the level 2 but will check to see if I can "find" the lever for the next dungeon. I went ahead and just did the four-lever puzzle and guessed at the combination and actually got it but that didn't reveal the path, just some treasure. Good treasure, but alas, I need to keep moving. I too need the auto-map location as it's a pain the ass to keep bringing that up and seeing where I am.

17. Stranded87

Stranded87 Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Gonna give this a go - though might wait until it's had a few patches.
    If it's not a massive job though you might want to rethink the gem system. IAP for specific features and content is fine, but as soon as I see 'gems' or 'coins' I assume it's going to be a money funnel. It sounds like it's not here, which is why I plan to try it, but if I hadn't read this thread I wouldn't have. I don't know how many people think the same way as me, so it might not be a big problem, but you could potentially be putting off a lot of would-be players.

18. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Well I’m one who thinks the same. I even mentioned it in a previous post. I don’t think we are alone.

Iap’s are fine if they add extra content or are more like dlc. I also don’t mind iap’s that are more or less just there just to support a developer when they offer a game for free...such as an option to remove ads.
    But whenever I see gold or exp doublers for sale with real money I usually just ignore the game as I suspect the game has been nerfed to make their purchase a necessity rather than an option. I only tried this game as I love first person dungeon crawlers.

I still don’t know if buying gems will become mandatory in this game as I stopped playing at level two, waiting in anticipation for the mini map option to be included.

19. The minimap is already in the game from version 1.0.198 (must be live on the app store)

A lot of players completed the game without a single in app purchase. I really hate pay to win games, I designed the game without any IAP, it was added later because players requested it. :)

20. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Yes I see the minimap but it seems like the abilities boxes cover part of it?

I've only just started playing (have been waiting for another game like this to come out, so thanks!) but the first couple floors seem small enough that use of the map hasn't been all that necessary.