'Moonlights' Help Please!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by arhb, Jul 4, 2009.

1. arhb

arhb Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2009
    NYC
    So I blasted through the first 23 levels of Moonlights in about 90 minutes, but have been stuck on 24 (sentinels) for two weeks. Very frustrating as there is no way to skip a level. Can someone help me out? A description of how you solved it and maybe a screen capture would be great. I like the game - sure its similar to World of Goo (buy it, seriously, best $20 I ever spent) and Tiki Towers, both I have clocked, but Moonlights has a simple charm. (and with the help of master TAers out there I will crush it...)

2. Licensedorchid

Licensedorchid New Member

Jul 5, 2009
    #2 Licensedorchid, Jul 5, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2009
    I thought I was alone.

I am having the same problem. I have tried so many different things on this level. The closest I have come was when I built a frame almost all the way around the right most moon. I figured I might be able to rebuild the supports behind the lava moon if there were many different load bearing parts. I was wrong. :(

3. arhb

arhb Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2009
    NYC
    Looks like we are in this together...

Thank goodness there is someone else out there with the same problem. I have got the counter to one second so many times, but have never got it to zero. The most effective technique I have used is to build from a broad foundation on the rightmost moon, when allowed by the lava satellite moons, to through and higher than the objective, which allows the tower to remain in contact for slightly longer when the supports are burned out and it falls. Is it really just luck with this level? I have also tried building a slanted tower and then swinging it using the accelerometer to give me more length and time to contact the objective - nothing works! This level is totally killing the game for me - I want to play the rest of the levels already!

4. Licensedorchid

Jul 5, 2009
    I have tried all of those tactics, too. :) let's face it, we suck! :p

5. arhb

arhb Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2009
    NYC
    I want to hear from someone who has gotten past this level before I get too depressed about our lack of skills... Maybe we are the best there is? :)

6. upsidedown

upsidedown Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    what i did is built under the first sentinel and up. then when it started to lean, i quickly built over and attached the other side to it soit was stable. Then i just built up the rest of the way.

7. arhb

arhb Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2009
    NYC
    That's what I have been doing for the first two moons you have to bridge to - but I've never been able to get that to work for getting to the objective from the final moon. I guess I have to keep trying.

8. Licensedorchid

Jul 5, 2009
    To get over the first two moons, I just made the towers straight up, and leaned the phone to the side. When the moon takes out one side, it falls over onto the other moon. I just can't get the last tower to work with a big base. :( I guess I will keep trying.

9. Killquake

Killquake Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2008
    You just have to build them as tall as possible then tilt the phone and when the tower starts to lean you have to build on the top as fast as possible, same thing for the second tower but you have to have better balance cause you on that small moon

10. Adaptive Logic

Feb 3, 2009
    Stuck on 14. Stars

I reach the moon and then the game informs me that I need to grab all of the stars, but the only stars I see are in the distant background. Could someone tell me what I'm doing wrong here?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. JavierDavalos

JavierDavalos Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    I need help too, but on the fishing rod level. I can't figure it out!