Netflix Moonlighter (by Digital Sun Games & 11 bit studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Nov 18, 2020.

1. ThirdMoon

ThirdMoon Well-Known Member

May 21, 2014
    Currently on sale (£11.99 -> £8.99)

ioso and Makara Nou like this.
  2. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    This seems like a major bargain now that it’s at 4.99 but the privacy policy gives me pause.

Looks like the kind of policy I’d expect from a f2p game.

3. agreen437

agreen437 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2014
    Just bought

4. NonSoft

NonSoft Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2010
    I had a lot of fun with this one until I encountered the game breaking bug that-to my knowledge-they never fixed. As fun as it was though, I just couldn't bring myself to restart it. Too bad, it was pretty solid otherwise.

5. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Ouch. Was pondering jumping in on this and was wondering about the status of that bug mentioned in prior posts. That's a bummer.

6. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I'm also tempted to get this.. that's such a big sale. Hmm.

7. elcrazy

elcrazy Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2017
    #147 elcrazy, Jul 25, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2021
    Just came across this game again somehow. Was on my App Store page. I never bought it and was wondering if it’s still worth it these days ? Just scrolled through the thread. Seemed promising. Till this last page lol. Is the game breaking bug still around ? Was the game fixed ? Still worth a purchase ?

Update it’s only $6.99. So I just picked it up. I’ll try and give it a go sometime tomorrow. For now I’m still playing with birds and a snake lol

Update: Game is just not for me. The tutorial is a bit confusing, especially those pics they put up. But I’m not a fan of the shop. I’m sure others would be really into this. But I didn’t like it. As far as combat it was ok. I actually liked the virtual joystick much more then auto attack. Probably a good game in there but it’s just too much for me these days.

8. LasagneMan

LasagneMan Member

Sep 6, 2021
    Male
    Anything new on the Android version?

9. unrealsense

unrealsense Member

Nov 2, 2014
    Game Developer
    Seems the game has been pulled from the App Store for some reason?

Cannot find the listing, I can see it in my purchased history but when going to the store says it cannot connect.
    If you have it on your phone do not uninstall this game if you want to keep it.

Really getting sick of paying for games that are pulled out after 1 or 2 years. Going to start reconsidering buying any games on Apple store from now on until this is addressed. Lost too many good games over this shit (still really mad about losing the 3 Infinite blade games).

10. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Just emailed the publisher. Will let you know if I hear back from them. There’s nothing on the website to indicate that the game has been pulled.

11. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Over on reddit:

“Hey! 11 bit studios here, publishers of Moonlighter.

So to answer the questions:
    Moonlighter has been taken down from both mobile stores: Google Play and App Store. While we are working on a different distribution model, the game won't be available for purchasing at these stores anymore. However, on the accounts that the game has been purchased for, it will be further available. That said, the players who bought the game, are still going to have it, enjoy, and fight monsters in the dungeons to get loot and sell it for monies. Thank you.”

…..Sooooooo, freemium incoming then?

12. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Or Apple Arcade+.

13. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    But a lot of games keep the original version on the store despite the + Arcade version. Anyway, i think that this must be the case because otherwise, it will need a lot of work to change the game structure to make it FTP...

14. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    True.

or Netflix?

squarezero likes this.
  15. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Netflix makes sense — I believe that, with the exception of the Stranger Things games, Netflix titles are available only through Netflix.

16. Brightsiderus

Brightsiderus Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2017
    I believe, it can be demo+full unlock

Son of Anarchy likes this.
  17. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Ding ding ding, Netflix was the correct answer it seems https://twitter.com/11bitstudios/status/1516797110150127617

Talbs and squarezero like this.
  18. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Probably.
    I asked them about that and got crickets.

Makara Nou likes this.
  19. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    What’s taking them so long to launch it again? It was already premium so shouldn’t need any changes?

Been thinking about starting it again once it comes out. Even though I’ve already got it o figure that one won’t be updated for new iOS versions anymore going forward.

Although that said once Diablo Immortal comes out nothing will get a look in for a while.