Netflix Moonlighter (by Digital Sun Games & 11 bit studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    The problem is that my brain is thinking that this is a normal game in this genre and the stuff that you loot has a purpose beyond just selling it, so I'm saving stuff. But then I remember that its not actually a crafting game and once you have a price on the items then the shopkeeping mini-game is just a couple button clicks. So I guess I should just sell everything except the 4 items that I have starred and move on.

2. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Anyone had that green slime show up after minutes in a dungeon? I’d literally done about 3 rooms and then went into a sparkly hole which turned out to be the first one that actually had something in it but then the slime instantly appeared. I left the hole and the slime timer appeared but it followed me anyway. I got away but surely it shouldn’t have happened being in a dungeon less than 5 minutes?

3. Brightsiderus

Brightsiderus Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2017
    I think that you need to put something on the pedestal instead of the book or you need to run for your life. It’s obviously a trap.

ste86uk likes this.
  4. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    @Brightsiderus that makes more sense, although this game is pretty poor at giving you clues or information I have to say.

5. Brightsiderus

Feb 1, 2017
    You must read notes in rooms with tents, usually you can read tips in there.
    The most important sparkling room is the room with stone chest, btw. You can put your whole inventory in there and it will be teleported straight home

6. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I didn’t know that either, seen them a few times and figured what’s the point of an empty chest and just left it.

7. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    #107 ste86uk, Nov 25, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
    @Brightsiderus where does this mysterious chest actually go to? I put all my stuff in it but I can’t see it back at the shop anywhere nor the items in any of my chests at home?

It was definitely a stone chest in a sparkling hole, when I added the stuff it just did some animation quick and put me back out of the hole at the top again.

8. Brightsiderus

Feb 1, 2017
    Should be in a chest near table. Maybe it’s a new bug?

9. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    @Brightsiderus i check all of my chests twice and didn’t see any extra chest around. I’ll check again when I go back on it later. But pretty sure there was nothing.

10. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    I would personally like a combination of touch and button controls. I want the analogue but not all the buttons on the right. I would like to try the virtual stick & auto-attack to have a clear screen. However, if the virtual stick is chosen then auto-attack cannot be used.

11. pathogen541

pathogen541 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    I've used both control options, and for me, the virtual joystick is far FAR superior to the tap to move w/ Auto attack. Personally, I HATE auto attack features in games. I know this is usually implemented to make playing games easier on a touch screen, but personally, I hate how much it makes games feel, well, less like games. And to add, when you factor in the roll button....you have 4 buttons to worry about.... that's it. If you can manage playing Dead Cells via touch controls, this shouldn't be an issue for you at all.

Furthermore, this game is RAD. The dungeon diving gives me serious Zelda vibes (which I love) and I have no experience with any other platform, but this game is challenging, not sure where people are saying it lacks depth, or variety, maybe after you've only played the first dungeon? Idk, but there seems to be a lot here, def worth the price tag. Not really sure I understand some of the hate the game is receiving, but I think this is an excellent addition to my game library.

Talbs likes this.
  12. atko92

atko92 Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2011
    Male
    EV Industry
    England, UK
    I'm completely with you on everything you've said here. The movement with the joystick and the other buttons took very little getting used to for me and I'm fully invested in the 'one more go' aspect of the dungeon diving.

I get the Zelda vibes but also Titan Souls which I absolutely adored on my Vita and I've been wanting something similar since I played that

13. pathogen541

Jun 19, 2016
    #113 pathogen541, Nov 26, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
    Just coming back for more impressions... this game is so fun to me. Some of the most tense gaming sessions I’ve had in a while. Diving for materials to make better gear while trying to avoid dying at the hands any manner of enemies is surprisingly tense when you consider you risk dropping a CRAP TON of your materials if you get killed.

The store portion of the game is fun and strangely satisfying when you have people pouring in, buying up all your goods and watching the income like up. There are plenty of upgrades to peruse, multiple weapons to craft of varying styles, and the combat does take some skill.... if you are not using the auto attack feature. I honestly feel that the tap to move takes a lot of the tactics outta the combat... just my opinion

My only real beef atm is that the game does not support controllers. The virtual joystick and buttons are perfectly adequate and I could see myself easily completing this title with them, I prefer to use my ds4, and this would be a PERFECT fit so I’m kinda surprised it wasn’t implemented but it is definitely not a deal breaker.

if your on the fence about this title, don’t be. Buy it. It is absolutely worth the price tag, in this guys opinion.

14. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Unfortunately I’ve met a totally game breaking bug. I basically can’t return to the town from any dungeon (by death or using the pendant thingy or completing it), without meeting a game ending sequence of meeting with the old guy (cinematic) and he has nothing to say to me and the controls stop working.
    Tried reloading and all of that but can’t get out of this. This is super frustrating, and I’m really not sure i can start over. Very disappointed.

15. pathogen541

Jun 19, 2016
    that is super frustrating and I have yet to encounter any of the game breaking bugs that have been listed here. Hopefully this gets ironed out soon. Sorry man

16. Killerluffy246

Killerluffy246 Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2014
    Asia
    #116 Killerluffy246, Nov 26, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
    Am I the only person who encountered an infinite loading screen bug that breaks your game ?

I have already tried reinstalling the game and it does not work. Loading the the game through "Continue" and "Load Game" buttons - does not work. The screen just keep loading after I load my game on my Iphone 11, ios 13.7.

Moonlighter Infinite loading screen: https://streamable.com/dygjg2

As you can see in the video above, I have already reached the 4th dungeon with a total amount of 250k money and I'm not going to replay the whole thing again.

To 11 bit studios s.a, please do not feel offended of me saying this, kindly fix the issue without me restarting the whole game, if not I will just request for a refund and place a 1 star review on the app store to alert other buyers.

Just an advice, please check and test your game properly before releasing it next time or conduct a beta test to avoid such issue ... sigh

17. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Well there’s good news for my issue. I wrote an email to 11bit and they replied positively saying they are aware of it and should have a fix in a matter of days.

so we shall see, but they got back right away and appear to be working on it so that’s positive.

18. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Please send an email describing your issue and with that video link to: [email protected]

I sent them one for my issue and they responding fairly quickly and are working on it so that’s good. Hopefully they might know of yours as well and working on it but you should inform them just in case.

19. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    Am I understanding correctly that you can enchant the same weapon multiple times? Before I invest the gold/mats I want to make sure this isn't just a bug of some kind.

20. atko92

atko92 Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2011
    Male
    EV Industry
    England, UK
    Yes that's correct. You can enchant weapons multiple times. Once they are maxed out enchantment wise, they won't appear when you choose the option. It also shows + next to it once enchanted. ++ Once done twice, etc

Havelcek likes this.