Netflix Moonlighter (by Digital Sun Games & 11 bit studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Confirmed, that’s an idiot. And the sentence doesn’t even make sense in terms of the gameplay. Items appearing has nothing to do with opening your shop....day or night (if it were possible).

ste86uk likes this.
  2. Brightsiderus

Brightsiderus Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2017
    I too have infinite loading screen. Waiting for an update, since I got to world four.
    Also, last shop upgrade seems to be buggy too. Client walks to the counter, bird flies in, I drove it away and customer leaves without paying. I can’t click on the counter in touch mode, have to tap action button in joystick mode, but villagers purchases moved by 1

3. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    @Brightsiderus any idea what caused it so I can avoid it?

What weapons have you been using?

4. atko92

atko92 Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2011
    Male
    EV Industry
    England, UK
    That's not great! You were much further than I was when it happened as well!
    Did you multitask out of the game and then back in which caused this to happen too? I've been very careful to not do this since it happened to me

5. Brightsiderus

Feb 1, 2017
    Actually I did that a lot of times. But yeah, I did that.

6. Brightsiderus

Feb 1, 2017
    I believe that force quitting did this

7. atko92

atko92 Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2011
    Male
    EV Industry
    England, UK
    Hopefully that's rectified in an imminent update then. It's not exactly a niche problem as I do this all the time with other games without this game breaking issue

8. Brightsiderus

Feb 1, 2017
    I did it lots of time in moonlighter, lol.

9. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Why were you guys force quitting? I tried it once when I died to the last boss of the golem dungeon but it didn’t work to revert back to its last save.

10. Brightsiderus

Feb 1, 2017
    Well, first of all, on iPhone 11 it keeps working in background, draining battery. And second, you can force quit and revert back to last save when you are still falling.(in the moment of last hit) If you have fallen, all items poured out of you and “saving” green sign appeared - it’s a dead end

11. atko92

atko92 Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2011
    Male
    EV Industry
    England, UK
    I've never force quit to stop dying for example. The time it happened to me I was just in the shop and I had a couple of messages. So I multitasked to reply to a couple, did a little research online about moonlighter and when I came back into the game, instead of just being in the shop, it rebooted the game and then when I attempted to load or continue my game it was a never-ending load screen

12. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    Am I wrong that most of the selling in shop is just the raw materials from the dungeons? Crafting a weapon to sell it doesn’t seem economical

13. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    So far as I can tell, correct, sell raw materials, and craft weapons for upgrading (not for profiteering). If you’re not aware, you can “Star” weapons and armour and potions etc to mark their ingredients in your notes. Those ingredients will then appear with a ‘star’ when you find them, to save you having to memorise what you’re looking for.

14. Havelcek

Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    Got it, thank you

15. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    I have gotten to a point where I can’t place anything on the table to sell? Anyone know what’s up with that lol

16. Havelcek

Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    WTB some sorting tools for inventory. Again I'm reminded how overpriced this game is.

17. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    While I understand, I haven’t yet felt that I really need to sort anything. If I don’t have something I need for the next build, then I go get it. If I do have it, and it looks like too much, taking up too much space, then I just sell it.
    The good thing is you can (and just plain should) leave your items in the chests as they can be used at the smith, potion etc shops straight from the chests.
    Also, making a ‘star’ or note of your next upgrade or item to craft tells you what you need, so you can just go and get that.
    I kind of really don’t see the need to sort. Just enjoy.

18. Brightsiderus

Feb 1, 2017
    Um... you are talking about last shop upgrade where people waiting to buy your stuff at cash register but you can’t sell it?
    If yes, use joystick controls and tap action button.

19. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    The inventory management is part of the game, I think they made it better by adding the curses where they do different thing making it a bit of a puzzle or at least more tactical getting more if you place items wisely and use the send home items also.

Other than that as others said I just throw stuff into the mirror thing I don’t want if I don’t currently need it to craft or I know something else is more valuable. That’s just all for my bag because storage at the shop isn’t an issue at all.

atko92 and Talbs like this.
  20. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Exactly. Good point re the mini game with inter-item effects.
    And I also see using the mirror as kind of an insurance against death in the dungeon since you loose all your items, and it’s good at least in the early-mid game to always build cash. Using the mirror on items you don’t need so much of ensures that you at leas take some cash if you do die, as well as means you don’t over-supply/sell the items in your shop.
    Additionally, the loss of items on death means you have to determine what items are best to keep in the top, locked inventory line to ensure you at least take them home if they’re super rare.

ste86uk likes this.