Netflix Moonlighter (by Digital Sun Games & 11 bit studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Nov 18, 2020.

1. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    @Havelcek whats wrong with it? It felt awkward to me at first with the inventory management not so much the shop that works just fine? But it’s got better with practice and seems perfectly fine to me now.

2. nestea5

nestea5 Member

Dec 30, 2008
    Same experience as you ste86uk.

At first, the touch controls took some getting used to. I was hoping for a joystick which they updated recently into the game. After trying the joystick I have to say I much prefer touch controls.

The menu and moving around items is a bit frustrating and still is sometimes but after a bit, you sort of get use to it and learn the different ways to move items.

Overall very much enjoying this game. I think this game is better suited for iphones than the switch. I feel it may not have the level of depth a console player would want but for a mobile game, i think it's perfect.

I'm only on the second dungeon but thoroughly enjoying it.

ste86uk likes this.
  3. atko92

atko92 Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2011
    Male
    EV Industry
    England, UK
    Bit gutted. Couple of hours into my first play session and really enjoying the game so far. Switched to send a couple messages and when I came back the game loaded back up (as if the app had just opened). No issue as I thought I would be able to load from where it last saved. Nope. I can click continue or load my game but the loading screen just goes on and on.....

4. zenmode

zenmode Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2014
    The menu UI is definitely a little confusing at first, but it gets better once you play around with it for a bit and understand how it all works. Here are some tips from my experience:

While in the inventory screen:

-Tap on the item once to put 1 of the item in a temporary holding slot. Keep tapping the item to add as many as you want.

-Once the item is in the holding slot, you can tap the Merchant Mirror to sell for 1/3 of the base price (Useful in dungeons when out of space), tap the Magnifying Glass to see item details, or tap the alternate inventory (Such as: Dungeon chest, Store Chest, Sale table, etc) to move to that menu. Once there, tap an open spot to move the item.

-You can quickly move items between inventories by double tapping or dragging the item to the desired inventory. Short tap + hold brings 1 of the item, Long tap + hold grabs the whole stack.

-Alternatively, you can just drag things to where you want them instead of using the holding slot. Like I said above, use short tap/long tap to grab multiples, then either drag to Merchant Mirror, Alt Inventory, or Magnifying Glass.

-To save time using the Merchant Mirror when you want to sell a lot of items, just tap the Mirror once, then tap the desired items to sell them immediately. Much easier than tapping or dragging each one individually.

I think that’s the gist of it, there may be some quirks I’m forgetting though. Hope this helps :D

ste86uk and Talbs like this.
  5. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    Thanks - helpful stuff there

6. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    you definitely need to hit the Apply button in the lower left corner when you change the keyboard settings, otherwise it seems to inconsistently apply changes.

ste86uk likes this.
  7. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    I am finding this dull and saccharine, with arguably the worst implementation of a virtual joystick I’ve seen.

I can’t efen remember which button is to the lhs of “switch weapons” (special?) but I’ve nefer encountered another game where I’ve died so many times of weapon switching.

Eurgh.

i may revisit. Perhaps I’m getting old. (Well. I am getting old. But anyway.)

8. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    #68 Talbs, Nov 21, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
    The button to the left hand side of switch weapons when in virtual joystick mode is special move or use shield in the case of the single handed sword for instance. And I agree, I accidentally hit switch weapons when trying to hit the special button way too much. The buttons are way too close, and the special button is too far inset into the screen it’s uncomfortable. I’ve already let the devs know my thoughts on this as well. Hoping maybe we can get an update allowing us to customise the button layout. That would be amazing.

until then, you can still make do, and you will get better used to it. I’m much more use to it now, and I also prioritise dodge rolling over using that special button (in the case of sword and shield). Some enemies still give damage through the shield so dodge roll is better.

I’ve found that overall the tap to move controls are easier at least for the lower level dungeon(s). The thing about the touch controls with the auto attack is that those auto attacks are guaranteed hits. What most people who haven’t played the game before (or don’t try out the joystick control) probably don’t realise is that each of the weapons have a hit range, and it can be hard to pull those off precisely all the time......well auto attack with the touch controls does this to perfection automatically for you......thus being one way of making the game easier.
    But I am wondering if it might get too hectic later on that tap to move becomes a burden.

The virtual joystick control on the other hand, I find is more fun, and I’ve already outlined my reasons. It’s obviously closer to the console experience. You can move around the screen and plan attacks better, albeit accidental miss-hits of buttons as well as momentarily forgetting which button is which, can take its toll.

Regardless, I’m still having a great time with this game. Playing on normal difficulty and I’m yet to even break out of the first dungeon, and finding it a real challenge, which IMO is a great thing. That said I haven’t spent much on upgrading gear yet. I don’t even have chest armour yet which I’m sure will help with survivability big time.

9. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I’ve done a shop upgrade but whenever I press the door to open the shop I’m just going outside? It is night but I’m pretty sure I’ve had it open at night before?

Also when I closed and opened the game again my items in the shop had all returned to my inventory and my decorative items had gone away too and I had to place them back out.

What’s everyone’s favourite weapon so far?

10. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Has anyone tried this with an MFi or PS4/Xbox Controller yet and can tell me if it is fully supported? I know it is also on the Switch so it would make sense to me it is supported it‘s just that I can’t find much info on that matter.

11. solarnya

solarnya Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2015
    Male
    Close to Tokyo, Japan
    It's partially supported

12. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Anyone? Can’t open my shop since upgrading it, when I click the door I just automatically leave rather than have the option to open it or exit.

13. atko92

atko92 Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2011
    Male
    EV Industry
    England, UK
    I've upgraded the shop once so there's 2 tables with 4 item slots. I've not had any issues like you've said but I've never had the shop open during the night.
    Always doing dungeons during the night and open the shop during the day.

Using the gloves at the moment. I've always liked quick fast hits and then using the sword and shield as secondary but have the bow in my inventory.

Just best the golem king too and literally stood behind him punching and using a few potions. Think having the fighter gloves enchanted as well as the armour massively helped

Thoroughly enjoying the game too. Every aspect of it. The change of pace from dungeon crawling to the shop is fantastic

Talbs and ste86uk like this.
  14. Numba One

Numba One Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    I reached out to the dev on Twitter and they said they currently don’t have plans to add controller support. Screenshot 2020-11-21 at 9.03.14 AM.png

15. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    #75 ste86uk, Nov 21, 2020
    @atko92 just to confirm you still open your shop by using the door as before?

I did google it, it says the shop can be open day or night and obviously the dungeons are a bit more rewarding at night but it also says you may get different customers and quests during the night. I hope my game isn’t bugged.

I haven’t tried the fists yet, they seemed rated very low compared to the sword and shield and broadsword but I guess part of the fun is trying everything and seeing what you enjoy!

Edit: so I went to sleep to see if I could sell in the day and apparently in this version you can only open the shop in the day. Must be different on another platform as I seen a few places say you can sell at night?

16. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    #76 Talbs, Nov 21, 2020
    You can’t open the shop at night. You might be thinking of / reading about the other vendor shops. For instance you can buy your weapons from the smith at night. But you can 100% not open your own shop at night in any version of the game (same on switch).

The game only saves at certain points

17. atko92

atko92 Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2011
    Male
    EV Industry
    England, UK
    Yeah use the door to open the shop. During the day the options are to open shop or leave so you can explore the village so maybe this version doesn't have the ability to open the shop during the night?

I've tried using the sword a bit but I think for this playthrough I'll solely use the gloves. Rarely switch weapons so I have no idea why I keep upgrading them maybe I should have the bow as a secondary instead.....?

Completed the second dungeon now and upgraded the shop again. It's a simple game with a 'repetitive' gameplay mechanic but I can't seem to put it down at the moment

ste86uk likes this.
  18. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    No version of the game has ever allowed opening the shop at night. ✌️

19. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Btw what difficulty are you playing on? Hard can make it pretty difficult.

20. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    @Talbs probably just some idiot sharing the wrong information online then to confuse people. See picture.

@atko92 everything I’ve seen recommends using the bow as the second weapon but you can do whatever suits you if it works. Sounds like your doing well!

I know what you mean it’s quite a simple gameplay loop but it is addictive and new things keep appearing and it’s nice that the dungeon runs get mixed up with the shop keeping and upgrading etc everything just seems to work well together to create a good experience.

I feel like I’ll definitely get much more than my monies worth out of this game which is great because so often I buy them and hardly play them.

Attached Files: