Universal Monument Valley - (by ustwo)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 2, 2014.

1. mzinn

mzinn Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2014
    Instabuy. Can't wait to dive into this. Ive been waiting for this one. Looks great

2. quebecotr

quebecotr Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Male
    Retired teacher
    Milwaukee, WI
    Wow ! Just... wow!

Buying this instantly. Game of the Week, Game of the Month, and just maybe Game of the Year. This, kids, is why we have iPads.

3. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    It's amazing. Beautiful, smart, elegant. The only problem is I've blown through the first 4 levels and it only appears to have 10. I haven't read through this whole thread, but is it really going to be that short?

4. miroa

miroa Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    Yes... But, I told myself that this game would last longer than a burger :p And, if the game is successful we will get more content :)

5. bigjack66

bigjack66 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    This is another game of quality over quantity. They say there may be more if they sell enough so get buying people I want to see more of this, it's top quality stuff.

6. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    Never a question of value. I got my money's worth after 5 minutes. I just don't want it to end.

7. MrGreed

MrGreed Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Cant wait to get this game

But i have a question for you guys about TA in general:

What the hell happened to Jared? Used to love his reviews and TA Play sessions but havent heard from him or maybe im not paying attention closely enough?

Has he left TA?

8. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    That's a great way of thinking about it. I was still hesitant because of how short it seems by everyone's comments, but you just completely convinced me. I just hope if they do add additional content they will make it free just for the early buyers.

9. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

#129 Bronxsta, Apr 3, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
    I beat it in a little over two hours. What a journey, I didn't want it to end
    To put that in perspective, a movie ticket for a 90 minute film can be $12. A Big Mac combo is like $6 or something like that

10. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    As long as it's longer than an hour I will be happy. I already picked it up but I have not started it yet. I'll wait till tomorrow. Let's get this game to the top of the charts!

11. LN3000

LN3000 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2009
    TARDIS
    Definitely an insta-buy.
    This game... Simply amazing.

12. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I just played the intro and I was completely blown away. I'm scared to start the game. Lol. This game is going to WOW me with magic like the first Room.

13. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    Ah, the Castle Doombad update-I forgot about that. I'm glad to hear that the update doesn't have any bugs. Anything created by Adult Swim doesn't disappoint. Fifteen more levels and six more achievements sounds great to me!

PS I went back to Phoenix HD yesterday-still love that game!

14. d0mino

d0mino Member

Oct 6, 2012
    Been playing this on the ride home. Simply exquisite. Like Swords and Sworcery in terms of atmosphere. And constantly surprising at every turn.

15. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

My favorite Chapter is
    . Just so cool

16. Geertyy

Geertyy Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2013
    This.

Can't wait to play this when I'll finally have time in a few hours.. :)

17. Short game. It's looks are 2nd to none. If you're analytical this puzzle will be relatively easy. Not worth $4 in my opinion. 10 levels. I beat it in 30 minutes.

18. BrushMyNoseOff

BrushMyNoseOff Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2009
    Coach / Photographer
    NYC
    Wow. I'm completely amazed. If I dreamt an ios game up, it would be Monument Valley. Everything flows so well, from the simple yet beautiful menus to the soothing and relaxing music. The level design is top notch, with surprises that'll literally make you smile around every corner. I played about 30 minutes of it, and can easily say it's one of the best games out there on ios. Ever.

19. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

It was short, I agree. But was well worth every cent to me. True that it's not very difficult too. But it's the kind of game/artwork that leaves a lasting impression. It screams quality every step of the way. Lots of love was put into this. Support these guys!

20. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    #140 Eoghann, Apr 3, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
    I think you mean Brad. He leveled up into Uber Entertainment last I heard.