Universal Monument Valley - (by ustwo)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I am with you on this. Somehow when i get inside a door a voice inside my head says "no goal pedestal in sight yet please."

2. redranch91

redranch91 Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2014
    Definitely will be getting it first thing tomorrow!

I came here after seeing the gameplay on AppSpy and it looks amazing. I don't see it very often with games with that price tag but this looks freaking fine! Glad to see UsTwo is back once again with a bang. Also excited to hear that the devs are open to expanding the levels in the future. That alone made me want to buy it even more.

3. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

If I may be so bold, I'm going to go ahead and say Monument Valley is the epitome of what IOS gaming should be. At a time when "86% of gamers prefer free games with advertisments", where clones and clones of clones flood the charts and tear the spotlight away from the games that deserve it, where IAP and abusive freemium practices are rampant and only seem to grow more and more ubiquitous, we get a game like this, an original IOS exclusive, a premium game devoid of ads or in-app purchase, an experience that puts visual artistry and atmosphere first, that uses the tactile tangible nature of the touchscreen to its fullest potential, that is simple yet engaging and compelling. Monument Valley is not just a great IOS game, it's a great game regardless of system or platform.

4. ImJPaul

ImJPaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Male
    MGMT!
    Baltimore
    This reminds me of Wonderputt? I think that's what it was called? Anyways, looks awesome.

5. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Yep , that's what it was called. It was a very artistic golf game.

And that's exactly what I look for and love in iOS gaming. Can't freaking wait.

6. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    After watching Sanuku's video, all I can think is Sword and Sworcery. At least it gives me that vibe.

7. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Has that Wonderputt vibe. Definitely buying tonight

8. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I've gotten 3 hours sleep in 48 hours, but I couldn't get some rest without at least dropping in and saying something.

This game is ****ing incredible. If you own an iDevice and do not have this on it for the remainder of your lifetime, I will hunt you down and...well, let's just say it won't be pretty. No, seriously...you're in for the treat of a lifetime, especially if you don't check out the videos and whatnot. It's that bloody good. Can't recommend it enough, and if the planned Android version is still in the pipelines, I'll be double-dipping for it...and any future versions on any platforms ever in the history of mankind.

9. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    looking forward to getting this one.

10. Bronxsta

Well there you go folks, if you don't get this game, metalcasket will find you and strike you down with great vengeance and furious anger

So yeah, you need to buy Monument Valley

11. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    I hope it gets some levels overtime like Badland did. But I'm buying anyway.

12. wigzisonfire

wigzisonfire Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2012
    Art Director
    London
    Best release day evarrr!!!

13. ustwogames

ustwogames Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2013
    Note: ustwo does not condone violence of any kind against non adopters, but are not held responsible for any self harm incurred from non adopter remorse and jealousy.

14. spooky23

spooky23 Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2011
    Out in the UK :)

15. Bronxsta

Have fun, guys. I'm on Chapter 10, don't want it to end :(
    It was a great journey

16. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Its going to be a tough game to beat on iOS regarding sheer quality. Every single screen on this game is more polished and have more attention to detail than half of the AppStore games combined into one.

17. Rusothil

Rusothil Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2011
    I'm on vacation right now and don't know if I should download this to play on the plane because it will be on my iPhone, not ipad. Should I hurry the experience and play this on my iPhone or wait till my ipad??

18. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I won't look at any of the trailers or videos but it seems this game does not take very long to beat. How long does it take to play through it and will they add more levels? Thanks

19. ustwogames

ustwogames Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2013
    It depends on how quickly you take to it, I'd estimate 1-3 hours depending on if you get stuck at points.

20. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    It seems like it won't last that long. Any chance you will add more levels? I'm probably going to pick this up anyways from all of the insane praise it's getting. BTW, I loved all of your other games.