Universal Monument Valley - (by ustwo)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    For those moaning about new purchasers getting the RED level for free, this is worth noting…

During the RED promotion period, the proceeds of 100% of new purchases of MV, and 100% of Ida's (RED) Dream purchases for existing MV copies are going to charity.

So, basically, nobody is benefitting financially from this new content apart from the charity.

2. Robot:String

Robot:String Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2013
    Game & Web Designer
    Madrid, Spain
    #562 Robot:String, Nov 24, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
    I don't want to pay for AIDS research! I want my free level! :rolleyes:

</irony>

3. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    #563 curtisrshideler, Nov 24, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
    EDIT: realizing it may be a jailbroken problem, I uninstalled a few Cydia tweeks, and I was now able to buy it. Weird. I've have certain tweeks mess with syncing and now buying. Guess I'll stay away from those! Glad to finally finish the game.

I just want to be able to buy it without it crashing every time I try. An iPhone 5S on iOS 7 shouldn't have problems buying an IAP in this. I bought and played Forgotten Shores. So I don't know why I can't get this. I'll keep trying.

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Hahahahah! Yeah, i got mine already. I was wondering though... If i bought to gift another copy, would it go to (RED)?

5. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Interesting that the two hardest levels in the game (one of the the RED level) have come right at the end. Hopefully this means levels of similar difficulty in the future.

6. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    If you gift it any time between now and Dec 7th I'm pretty sure it would be the RED version. (i.e. all the proceeds would go to charity) After that I guess the app will revert to the regular version, and then only the proceeds from the RED chapter would go to charity. Or maybe the RED chapter will be removed completely at that point. Just a guess though.

7. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    The description of the latest update states that this is a final level, so I think there will be no new levels and ustwo will be moving on their next game. Can't wait to see what they do next.

8. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Well you can always gift me###

9. stooney

stooney Well-Known Member

Sorry guys, I read this three pages back but I am still not entirely sure.

I already have the original levels since release, but not yet bought the new ones.

If I buy them NOW for 1.99 (US) I get the RED level automatically for free AND the whole money will go to charity?
    If so, count me in right now!

I also read about problems buying/downloading the RED level, but others seem to have played it already. Is it actually available right now?

10. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    No, if you guy the game now it's free.

11. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    No, each of the chapter sets is a separate part of the game and sold separately.

It is available, it has an area on the main chapter select below the first two parts. There may be some regional weirdness for some people since it goes through first a sign in to the iTunes store to check for availability, followed by a second sign in if you want to buy it ($0.99USD).

12. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    I wish i could say i did it for the charity.. but no! i don't care who gets my euro, i just wanted one more level of this piece of art!!

And if Ustwo are reading this: could you release some of the levels in .dwg format? even paid.. i think you could make some more $$ this way, and also open the way for a level editor maybe?i would LOVE to play around designing my own MV stage..

13. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
  14. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    So what's in this new update that wasn't in the initial RED update? Under "What's new?" is just the description for the last update I think.

15. runliketurtles

runliketurtles Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2012
    So those who buy the game now get the Red level? Interesting. Does that mean there is a way for apps to know when a user bought it? Like it could tell if somone bought an app while it was free?

16. The Morning Son

The Morning Son Active Member

May 21, 2014
    Sweden
    Ustwo tweeted this, 12 hours ago: "We've just pushed an update to the (RED) build. This just contains some bug fixes for people having issues."

17. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I'm hoping the update allows me to purchase the red level, fingers crossed.

My daughter downloaded it from purchase history to her device and was disappointed it's ios 7 only now, she's able to get an older version but can't update to get the new levels, so she's hassling me to use mine, she's got no chance haha.

18. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    My only confusion was does the red content stay in the game? It had the available dates is that just for download or won't it be accessible after those dates?

I purchased it anyway for anything extra on the game.

19. JoaneB

JoaneB New Member

Nov 29, 2014
    I see this picture almost everywhere. But there is no level with such configuration in the game. It's unfair.

[​IMG]