Universal Monument Valley - (by ustwo)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    I've only finished the first level from the Forgotten shores Expansion. I've already gotten my $2 worth. If this doesn't get game of the year (Apple and TA), I don't know what's more deserving.

2. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    This game is a masterpiece. 'Nuff Said.

3. thevagrant

thevagrant Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Wow,the waterfall level was beautiful. And the last one is so clever and well done. I loved the oubliettes as well. To be short: excellent add on, this was well worth anything they would have asked for it.

4. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    I loved the twist on the second level too :D

5. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    I see what you did there.

6. justplainjay

justplainjay Well-Known Member

I'm completely new to this thread, so I'm sorry if this has been answered already (I looked through and didn't find anything) but I was wondering what, if any, future plans for more expansions are?

7. bear-man

bear-man Active Member

Aug 10, 2014
    How does this game run on ios6 devices?

8. jonazdk

jonazdk Member

Monument Valley is astounding.
    Love the new mechanics in FS. Naturally an incredibly short lived experience. But worth it.

Really looking forward to play Forgotten Shores with my 4 year old son. His mind was blown and jaw on the floor when he played the original release.

'It's so...beautiful!' *Proud daddy* :)

9. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    #529 Lazer Kat, Nov 17, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
    That emotional response is real, very real.
    In level 5 of FS, when
    the totem starts to take damage, and then when it is crushed my heart sank. It was a similar feeling that I get in a movie or TV show when a character I love dies.

What a great game.

Is it wrong to ask for more levels again, so early?
    I want more.
    I really hope this expansion does well enough to warrant future add-ons.
    I will gladly pay $0.50 / each for any future levels.
    Give me 10 levels every 6 months and I'll pay you $5 every 6 months.

Or better yet, give us a proper sequel.

10. Zenfar

Zenfar Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Male
    Developer
    http://www.zenfar.com
    Truth worth every penny and oozes iPad and touch.

11. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    WARNING: the following text contains Spoilers, and a candid discussion. About the ending of Forgotten shores. If you haven't played the expansion, or don't wish to ruin it's ending, don't click the spoiler tag.

I want to preface this critique with the fact that Monument Valley is my GOTY pick. It is simply amazing from start to finish, with FS included.
    Ok. Now I want to just day that I hated the ending of Forgotten shores. What good is death, as a plot device, if the consequence isn't real? I loved the gameplay, but I think the totems death was cheapened by his resurrection. Totem's death was so powerful, yet all of that was taken away. It felt good working to bring him (her? It?) back, but that doesn't change the fact that I hated it happening. Now, in future installments (if we're lucky enough to get more) these sorts of plot devices will not be powerful, because you know there's no real consequences. I'd love to hear how others felt.

12. mchlmc

mchlmc Member

Oct 31, 2012
    The original levels were wonderful and the new additions add even more to the incredible Monument Valley experience. Aesthetics, plot and gameplay are all combined to perfection!

13. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    #533 psj3809, Nov 23, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2014
    Surprised to see another update

"Ida's (RED) Dream is one special chapter of Monument Valley. 100% of your purchase goes to our partner (RED) to fight for an AIDS free generation"

Says 'One final chapter to fight Aids, available from now through December 7th'

But when i click 'check availability' it asks me to sign in if i bought Monument Valley between Nov 24th and Dec 8th (as i presume those people get it free).

Dont mind i have to pay for it, just cant seem to download it !

14. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I can't download it either. :(
    Any idea of how many new levels?

15. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Maybe it'll be working soon, strange though. Dont mind paying for it, just let me pay for it ! ;)

16. chris1a

chris1a Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    Yea, I've been getting lots of "RED" updates today, with special IAPs available only through December 7th (like Apples own GarageBand etc) w/ 100% of the cash going to this "red" fighting aids thing. Anyway, I thought this was just one level? There are more? WUT? :eek:

17. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    My App Store description doesn't mention dates, just the first part in your post, so I wonder it will be available from the 24th? When the Red aids campaign starts maybe. Just guessing.

I don't mind paying for extra levels but can imagine a lot more backlash if some people get it free for buying during that one week, when others who bought it before tomorrow don't.

I see rayman fiesta run also has an update with some extra stuff as part of the campaign. Love both new app icons. I think it's a great idea to raise money for charities.

18. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    It's 99 cents for one level. One BIG level. you won't regret it, buy it! Ida also has a red hat and red dress now :D

19. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    It's showing 69p now for the UK. I'm trying to buy it but it's constantly crashing. I'll try again in morning.
    I hope there won't be too many moaning about it.

20. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    I don't mind paying but shouldn't the people who bought it day 1 get the update for free? why do people didnt get it UNTIL now get it for free? makes no sense :(