Monument Valley - A game about beautiful impossibility

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ustwogames, Dec 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lowlifemalakye

Lowlifemalakye Active Member

Dec 15, 2013
    Ok cool I just wanted to make sure it wasn't me.

Really like the game so far though its creative and fun. Everything has worked smoothly do far.

2. Dr. Woodenstein

Dr. Woodenstein Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2013
    I just downloaded the game this morning and I noticed a glitch in Chapter VI The Descent. There is one area where your character will actually walk through a wall so I'm going to explain exactly what you do to replicate this, starting from the beginning of the mission, here we go.

Walk to the stairs that are underwater. The platform will raise some. Now begin walking down those stairs. The platform again raises. Walk to the later that is partly submerged. Begin going down the stairs to further raise the platform. Now walk to the new stairs that are mostly submerged, similar to the stairs at the beginning of the chapter. Walk down those stairs after they raise up. You should now be on the dark grey L-shaped walkway. Now you are going to tap on the bridge that connects to the ladder. This is the ladder that you can move up and down using the crank, it should be completely out of the water. When I tap on that bridge from this position it causes my character to walk up the stairs, into a ladder, through a chunk of wall, and finally come out on the bridge.

Now that may have been extremely confusing, so if you're having trouble figuring out what I mean just let me know and I will try to explain it better.

Oh and by the way I'm also having the Box glitch that was mentioned by Bronxsta on page 6 of this thread.

Apart from that, this game is really rather awesome, I'm having a great time with it. The box is my favorite level by far. One more thing, are all current beta testers going to be allowed to continue beta testing when you change to phase 2 of beta testing?

3. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Any news/updates on progress?

4. Sharontung66

Sharontung66 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Simply gorgeous. We need more games like this one and Tengami's (coming out in March, I believe). Best of luck to you. I'll be watching your progress closely.

5. ustwogames

ustwogames Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2013
    Hi guys, thanks for all the responses!

We've just come back to the studio now after a well earned Christmas break and are going over all the feedback we've had over the questionnaires and other mediums.

Right now our next port of call is to figure out what you guys liked about the beta and do more of it, then do less of the stuff you complained about :)

Ken also smashed out some great new ideas for levels over the break, so we'll have more exciting stuff coming soon. In the meantime, if there's anything you want to discuss we can do it here.

Many Thanks guys and hope you all had an awesome holidays.

6. ustwogames

ustwogames Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2013
    Hi guys!

Firstly, massive thanks to those who participated in phase one of the public beta testing before Christmas, your feedback has helped further shape the game and as you may have seen we've gotten a ton of great feedback and press.

I also wanted to give you a heads up on the fact we'll be conducting a second phase for those who couldn't be part of Beta 1. Invites for this should be sent out early next week, so if you haven't you can still head over to www.monumentvalleygame.com to apply for access.

As mentioned, unfortunately those who were part of phase one are unable to participate, the reasons for this are that we need fresh players without any prior experience to gain the best results. Sorry guys!

7. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Dont worry I think it will be better this way, more users get to try it, you get more exposure and we who did try the first beta will want to see more when it releases, not being too spoiled knowing too much. Everybody wins and I hope this game (too early maybe, but from what I played, has a lot of chances on getting into my GOTY list or being my GOTY of 2014).

8. SonixManix

SonixManix Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2013
    Bummer... was looking forward to more of this.. oh well, its a smart decision, a fresh coat of paint is always good. :)

9. MikeNintendo

MikeNintendo Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    Yep, it definitly is :)
    Still watching the game, it will probably be GOTY for me too :)

10. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Aha... So this means i can apply for beta? Or should i skip and give myself a good surprise when this comes out?

11. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    So the 3rd of april then. Played the beta and this can be my Game of the Year.

12. falco

falco Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2013
    Canada
    Yay I need this game!

13. 3mry5

3mry5 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2014
    #94 3mry5, Mar 22, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2014
    Is there any information about which devices are going to be supported?

(Game looks superb so far, applied for beta testing acces but probably too late..)
    EDIT: definitely too late, well pumped for full release!

14. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    It'll be released soon (April 3 or 10). It works well on iPad 2 (I played the first beta) and I think this game will works well on ipad 2 up also iphone 4s up

15. ToonuvaGames

ToonuvaGames Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Game Developer
    Burlington, Vermont.
    Love it!

16. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
  17. Meridian99

Meridian99 Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2012
    People who strive to create something artful and beautiful? You have my money, sirs and ladies.

18. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Good news!

19. Cevan

Cevan Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2012
    Wow, this looks fantastic! Will definitely be picking this up when it launches next week.