Monument Valley - A game about beautiful impossibility

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ustwogames, Dec 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Same here, saw the iPad thread and signed up. Looks brilliant :)

2. ustwogames

ustwogames Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2013
    I can confirm that I'm sifting through the beta applications tonight (of which there are over 800!).

More info should be coming real soon about build delivery. if you've not applied yet but want to i'd recommend doing it quickly if you want in this phase :)

3. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    I don't wanna beta test I never did, I want this game though because BLIP BLUP was one of the best puzzlers this year, so I am looking forward to next year.

4. Sloany

Sloany Well-Known Member

Email sent. Cheers

5. TheBeastlyNinja

TheBeastlyNinja Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    Computer stuff
    Right behind you
    Email sent haha first beta test I've done in quite some time lol happy to get back in the game

6. surpriseParty

surpriseParty Member

Dec 4, 2013
    Instabuy, always wanted to play inside an MC Esher-esque world =)

7. clompah

clompah Member

Oct 14, 2013
    Email sent. I always loved mc Escher so a game inspired by his art has to be awesome.

8. Dr. Woodenstein

Dr. Woodenstein Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2013
    Hey I just applied at http://www.monumentvalleygame.com/beta. I would love to beta test this game and was wondering if I've still got a chance or if I'm too late?

9. biokid

biokid Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Wop Wops
    Playing the beta build right now.....This game is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G ! The game gets progressively more difficult, while graphics and the art/ level designs are superb. Cannot wait for the sound/ audio to be added. No issues at all at the moment........ :)

definitely GOTW (when it is released).......maybe even 2014 GOTY.

10. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Holy shit, guys, not since I rotated my first level in Fez, have I been this impressed with a game that plays with perspective. It's minimalist, stylish, and just visually cool. This is a GOTY contender already and I'm only up to Chapter 4.

11. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Easily one of the best games I have ever played. Yes. And that is saying a LOT.

12. Dazzlemi

Dazzlemi Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2010
    Very cool game. I'm enjoying playing the beta. Looking forward to sound fx and / or music.
    No problems yet, except getting a little lost.... I know that's part of the fun of this fantastic puzzle game.

13. MikeNintendo

MikeNintendo Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    Just logged into testflight, waiting for a build. It's really hard to :D

14. Bleau

Bleau Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2013
    One half of MoWOW Studios, an mobile indie game st
    Koblenz, Germany
    I also signed up. Anxiously waiting :p

15. ustwogames

Jan 31, 2013
    Hi guys, really glad those that have access are enjoying it.

Having only just come back into the studio this morning (UK time) we're signing more users off, so you should start seeing your build available and receive a notification via email.

Thanks for the kind words guys and if there's any questions just let me know here :D

16. biokid

biokid Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Wop Wops
    Great job! I have finished the whole game within a few hours this morning (and have already filled in the questionnaire). Everything about this game is amazing... except it is a bit short (imho). Anyway, this is a must buy for 2014.

17. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    This game is a very cool visual experience. Every level was pretty unique. I hope the developers can come up with a few more to lengthen the game a bit more, but I loved it as is!

18. ustwogames

Jan 31, 2013
    Glad you enjoyed it!

The plan is it get a bit more in yeah, this round of beta testing is to see what kind of levels you guys like and then work from there. Only a few of the levels have had properly implemented artwork as well, we just hope people don't think those last few chapters look like they're finished! :D

19. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Do you have any plans to bring this game to PC? I think it needs a touchscreen to really appreciate the mechanics and gameplay but I'd love to experience this on a bigger screen and I think the puzzles and mechanics here can hold their own against Fez and similar titles

20. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    The survey questioned our favorite and least favorite levels; I pretty much enjoyed all of them equally.