Universal Monument Valley 2 (by ustwo Games Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Derprozess

Derprozess Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Engineer
    Completed under one hour?! Are you incredible good at puzzle games, or it is a very short game? I'll get it anyway in few days, but if is indeed a very short game, it's bothering me :/

2. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    I wonder if dlc will be added like the first? Though short was still fun and playable art. Was deff easier than the first. But yes i hope some dlc stuff gets added need more challenge.

3. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Agree with you entirely. I haven't got anything to add that sums up my thoughts exactly

4. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    TheGreatEscaper summed this up far more eloquently than I could. I think part of the issue is that the original and its expansions explored the mechanics so completely that there wasn't much that could feel like a new challenge. Some of the levels with two characters to control were impressively designed, but didn't really feel that different to play.

This is definitely not a bad game, but I had a lot more "Wow, that's clever" moments this week with Yankai's Peak than this.

5. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    This game got a platinum Award on Pocketgamer and that's very rare, it's 10 out of 10 people come on stop moaning it won't get better than this, Monument Valley and Monument Valley 2 are now in my top 10 of all time IOS greats, always the moaning that bothers me the most here on TA.

Don't want to attack anyone it's just how I feel sorry if anybody feels offended ha ha.

6. cowtruck123

cowtruck123 Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Nobody is really moaning. Just stating their opinion...

7. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    best way to sum this up is probably "evolutionary not revolutionary."

8. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    To me that's moaning sorry.

This is my last post here at TA, have enough of the constant moaning and negativity all around here, wish everybody good luck and a happy life fare well, goodbye and auf wiedersehen.

9. TheGreatEscaper

TheGreatEscaper Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2014
    If this is true I'm very sorry to hear this, Roger :( I can understand why you would make a decision like this, but if possible I would urge you to stick around in this community for longer.

It wasn't my intent at all to spread negativity with my post - nor indeed to moan about this game. Indeed, I stated many times that I did enjoy this, and I was glad to support devs putting so much love into their work. I simply stated that I wasn't in love, and gave reasons which I hope were rational and well-expressed; I have no obligation to praise every single game, regardless of its reputation, it's dev, it's awards, it's history, it's budget, etc. I'm sorry if my post made you feel upset in any way, but I still stand by it.

I think communities are made stronger and richer when people can express different opinions and discuss why we have them. I think a gaming community is made more valuable when potential buyers can be exposed to a multitude of people's experiences with a game.
    I won't deny that blatant and unjustified negativity can appear on TouchArcade, as with any other online forum - but I think that sort of negativity far from defines this site, these forums, and all our regular users. I think on the whole, TouchArcade is a well rounded and civil site which is now basically my only go-to site for iOS game discussion. Why? Because I know I will be able to find a lot of honest opinions on a game. Because I will find people giving suggestions to devs, supporting devs, people giving help to each other on tricky games, people suggesting games to others, people sharing games they've put a lot of hard work into, people discussing, people having different opinions and disproving the way the world works by actually getting along at the same time!

I understand if this is your final decision, Roger. But I'd love it, and I'm sure many others would too, if you could stick around and share your opinions for longer, because we value and respect your opinions! It wasn't the intent of my post to be negative. It wasn't the intent of my post to attack, or to offend. If that is the way it made you feel, I hope you can read it again with what I've said in mind and, hopefully, just as I, come to believe that such an opinion can be worth valuing and respecting too. I'd love to have a discussion on this game, Roger :)

10. brianj22

brianj22 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2016
    I see both sides of your coin roger. There has been negativity here lately to some extent but on the other hand people having an opinion isn't moaning even if it isn't praising something. I also think the whole final post is kind of dramatic but hey if you think not using TA will be beneficial to you then good on ya, it's why I stopped using facebook. Too bad to see ya go though, enjoyed your comments.

11. brianj22

brianj22 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2016
    The comment about feeling like ustwo is doing this because apple made them is irking me. Look at this game, it is breathtaking.

12. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Sorry for my rant, I do that sometimes, I am feeling not so good lately, I am having troubles with my eyes and don't know how long I can game anymore maybe 5 or 10 years and then it's game over for me so I was a bit upset about this, normally I am not like this at all, so no hard feelings and I want to ask TA to remove my comments on this thread so I will stay here sorry for all the fuss.

13. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Yeah, those comments are pretty asinine. If ustwo have proven anything over the years, it's that they won't do something unless they want to do it. Regardless of what anyone thinks of the game, calling this anything but a labor of love is ridiculous.

14. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Agreed. It's definitely a beautiful, carefully-crafted game. I'd really like to see what ustwo do after Monument Valley though.

15. #55 AppUnwrapper, Jun 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
    Look, it's a gorgeous game. It's obvious a ton of love went into it. But it feels, puzzle-wise, like a huge step back from Forgotten Shores. I was not expecting it to be as easy as (or easier than?) the original game. If you were, and you're 100% satisfied, great. But some of us can be impressed with the sounds, visuals, new mechanics, and still feel like it didn't fully meet its potential -- or at least what we were hoping/expecting from it.

Most of the levels, as gorgeous as they are, can be completed so quickly that you have to just not do anything if you want to admire the artwork. Remember in the first game how you'd play around with a level for a while, adding your own notes to the soundtrack? Moments like that are very rare here, and always short.

16. Nergal

Nergal Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2014
    I personally would have people in this forum say what they really think about something instead of just saying every big game is great and create hype trains. As soon as someone says something negative about a game they are ganged up on which is wrong, state your opinion and move on.
    There is too much garbage on the App Store and we need a way to help ppl find the right game for them.
    As for the original Monument Valley was one of the greatest games of its time, I can't afford this one ATM but it's on my wish list

17. Lost Ball

Lost Ball Member

Jul 29, 2016
    Traveller
    Earth
    Yea!

Love the first part so much! Will get the second part this weekend!

18. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Just want to apologize to all the people I called moaners yesterday ha ha, I just had a bad day sorry peeps all forgotten and game on.

19. taoyingying

taoyingying Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2016
    You sound like my 11 year old cousin. Always so dramatic :rolleyes:

20. Kotovsky

Kotovsky Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    This game is brilliant.