MonsterKill month! A code a day until Halloween and spooooky fun in this thread

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by Repair Drone, Oct 2, 2009.

1. debugdesign

debugdesign Well-Known Member

#161 debugdesign, Oct 26, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2009
  2. bone.rate

bone.rate Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2009
    i am in, again:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

3. evilhomer

evilhomer Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2009
    Hey guys, sorry if some found my submission inappropriate. I was just trying to add a different spin on "scary".

I'll mark the original post NSFW also.

4. Ahiru

Ahiru Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    public servant
    nowhere near you!
    thanks for the code!! i knew i was scary at night asking for trick or treat o_O

5. Andgut

Andgut Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    canada
    Scary story and pic

When Felix Agnus put up the life-sized shrouded bronze statue of a grieving angel, seated on a pedestal, in the Agnus family plot in the Druid Ridge Cemetery, he had no idea what he had started. The statue was a rather eerie figure by day, frozen in a moment of grief and terrible pain. At night, the figure was almost unbelievably creepy; the shroud over its head obscuring the face until you were up close to it. There was a living air about the grieving angel, as if its arms could really reach out and grab you if you weren't careful.

It didn't take long for rumors to sweep through the town and surrounding countryside. They said that the statue - nicknamed Black Aggie - was haunted by the spirit of a mistreated wife who lay beneath her feet. The statue's eyes would glow red at the stroke of midnight, and any living person who returned the statues gaze would instantly be struck blind. Any pregnant woman who passed through her shadow would miscarry. If you sat on her lap at night, the statue would come to life and crush you to death in her dark embrace. If you spoke Black Aggie's name three times at midnight in front of a dark mirror, the evil angel would appear and pull you down to hell. They also said that spirits of the dead would rise from their graves on dark nights to gather around the statue at night.

People began visiting the cemetery just to see the statue, and it was then that the local fraternity decided to make the statue of Grief part of their initiation rites. "Black Aggie" sitting, where candidates for membership had to spend the night crouched beneath the statue with their backs to the grave of General Agnus, became popular.

One dark night, two fraternity members accompanied new hopeful to the cemetery and watched while he took his place underneath the creepy statue. The clouds had obscured the moon that night, and the whole area surrounding the dark statue was filled with a sense of anger and malice. It felt as if a storm were brewing in that part of the cemetery, and to their chagrin, the two fraternity members noticed that gray shadows seemed to be clustering around the body of the frightened fraternity candidate crouching in front of the statue.

What had been a funny initiation rite suddenly took on an air of danger. One of the fraternity brothers stepped forward in alarm to call out to the initiate. As he did, the statue above the boy stirred ominously. The two fraternity brothers froze in shock as the shrouded head turned toward the new candidate. They saw the gleam of glowing red eyes beneath the concealing hood as the statue's arms reached out toward the cowering boy.

With shouts of alarm, the fraternity brothers leapt forward to rescue the new initiate. But it was too late. The initiate gave one horrified yell, and then his body disappeared into the embrace of the dark angel. The fraternity brothers skidded to a halt as the statue thoughtfully rested its glowing eyes upon them. With gasps of terror, the boys fled from the cemetery before the statue could grab them too.

Hearing the screams, a night watchman hurried to the Agnus plot. To his chagrin, he discovered the body of a young man lying at the foot of the statue. The young man had apparently died of fright.

The disruption caused by the statue grew so acute that the Agnus family finally donated it to the Smithsonian museum in Washington D.C.. The grieving angel sat for many years in storage there, never again to plague the citizens visiting the Druid Hill Park Cemetery.

Attached Files:

6. Repair Drone

Repair Drone Well-Known Member

It's cool - good entry but it's probably best to err on the side of caution with these things :)

Lots of great entries yesterday, but I've got to go with debugdesign's crew and the effort they made to get dressed up, or down as the case may be. The Facebook gallery's worth a look to see the make up process :)

No entries yet today - the switch to GMT means Andgut's entry just squeezed in before midnight. Five days left to spook me!

7. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

#167 jak56, Oct 27, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2009
    *if you want to understand the story a bit better, click the link underneath in my post and read the first 2/3 paragraphs*

once upon a time, there was a boy called gob
    he wanted to see if the curse of bloody mary really worked- apparently, if you said "bloody mary, i killed your son" in front of a mirror, her ghost would come and rip your face off! so at night, he stood in front of a mirror and said "Bloody Mary, I killed your son!" at first, nothing happened so he repeated it again. then, he just kept on saying "bloody mary, are you there?".
    suddenly, he saw the ghost of a woman and it said "what? cant a woman have her beauty sleep?"
    gob screamed and ripped his face off
    "why do they always do that?" asked the ghost to herself.
    gob's ghost then came to her and said "beauty sleep? my arse! have you ever seen yourself in a mirror?":p
    The end

read where i got my idea from at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloody_Mary_(folklore)
    I DID NOT GET MY IDEA FROM ANDGUTS POST!
    in fact, i hadnt read it until i realized he had won a code

8. bone.rate

Sep 15, 2009
  9. evilhomer

evilhomer Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2009
    [​IMG]

"The Island Of The Dolls – located in the vast, bewildering network of canals that lies to the south of Mexico City, between the urban sprawl and the more traditional farmland region called Xochimilco (pronounced so-chee-meel-koh and meaning ‘place of flowers’) – is rich in history and superstition.

Created by the hermit Don Julián Santana who, despite having a wife and family, chose to live alone on the island for over 50 years before his death in 2001, the Island Of The Dolls is a shrine to a dead girl who was said to haunt him, and in whose honour he collected dolls, to calm her restless spirit.

“There are many stories about why the dolls are here,” says Don Julián’s cousin, Anastasio, one of several family members who now curate the island, welcome visitors, and charge a token fee to take photos.

“Some people claim Don Julián was mad, and that he’d fish dolls out of the canal believing they were real children, and that he could nurse them back to life. But the real story is that, soon after Don Julián arrived on the island, he came to believe this place was haunted by the spirit of a poor young girl who drowned in the canal. So when he saw a doll floating past he took it and put it on a tree, both to protect himself from evil and make the dead girl happy. But one doll wasn’t enough; soon Don Julián had made the entire island into a shrine.”

For decades, Don Julián amassed a huge collection of dolls that had been rejected by their owners, either plucking them out of the canal as they bobbed past, or scavenging toys from rubbish heaps on rare excursions from his secluded home.

In later years, locals began to trade old dolls with Don Julián in return for home-grown vegetables, and before his death the hermit’s cadaverous collection covered every inch of the island – each unloved toy receiving a second lease of life as part of his surreal shrine."

Creepy Dolls

10. Repair Drone

Great entries for the 27th, but I have to pick evilhomer's Island of the Dolls. Never heard of that before, but obsessions like that are fascinating.

No entries yet for the 28th! You've got four days left to spook me!

11. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

wow! look at that cat scream!:eek:

12. Repair Drone

Hmm - I'm going to have to be a meanie and disqualify jak56's entry - that great cat picture was a winning entry waaaay back toward the start of the month. Let's see some fresh material, folks! Hope you're not too annoyed, jak56 - you won a code on the 25th anyway, so you've got at least one copy of the game. Feel free to keep entering, though! :)

With no other entry the unused code goes in the pot for the 31st. No entries yet today, either! Three days left to spook me!

13. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

really? oh:(
    never mind! i jst wanted to get one for my friend but ill keep at it! ill get one for him someday!

14. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

cake!

[​IMG]

nice cake...

15. iMario

iMario Well-Known Member

Errr... Halloweencat.

[​IMG]

16. bone.rate

Sep 15, 2009
    I am gonna go for this one. Finger crossed this time :)

Attached Files:

17. Repair Drone

#177 Repair Drone, Oct 30, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2009
    One consultation of the dice later, iMario takes the code for the 29th with yet another cool cat picture. Even random number generators can't resist a kitty, it seems :)

No entries yet for the 30th! Just TWO days left to spook me - remember MonsterKill month ends on the 31st October at Midnight GMT - edit, I'll add a few hours and make it MIDNIGHT PDT (GMT -7)!

18. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Not sure if this has been posted earlier..

[​IMG]

19. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    [​IMG]

idk if this has been used but i didnt feel like wading through 18 pages to find out lol

20. bone.rate

Sep 15, 2009
    I have to call it out from this contest. Seems I am doomed enough to be able to win one of the codes. Good luck to everyone, still have 2 days, oops less than 48 hours to go... cheers