GameClub Monster Wars (by Liv Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by goiMot, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Liv Games

Liv Games Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Founder, CEO Liv Games
    USA
    Awesome!

2. Liv Games

Jan 25, 2011
    Founder, CEO Liv Games
    USA
    :)

Monster Arena coming within weeks and were hoping on adding a couple new modes and dozens of Soulstone challenges.

Tier 4 is also in the works - but will take a few months to get out there.

3. Liv Games

Jan 25, 2011
    Founder, CEO Liv Games
    USA
    Thanks for giving some tips. I think we got too good during testing that only one of has had issues with 4-10, and skyhaven is indeed challenging.

However we have compiled all your feedback and submitted a big balance/bug fix updat: We read every SINGLE one of your Reviews and Facebook feedback and applied it all to this update. Thank you!

-Improved cloud stability for save games between one and 2 devices
    -Improved stability on devices ipod 4/ipad 1 for 5-1 and 6-10 and fixed the bug that would sometimes not lock next difficulty.
    -Nerfed and re-balanced 2-8, 4-10, 5-1, 5-4, 5-10,6-10
    -Added full unit selection in armory on Hard/Legendary difficultiesand balances.
    -Increased Touch areas for shield and map to match the Soulkeeper Desk.
    -Fixed 6 achievements that did not unlock properly.
    -New fastball bomb imp tier 2 special and impy is now 10% smaller and 5% meaner.
    -Lots of other minor improvements and bug and stability fixes.

Next up Monster Arena

4. Liv Games

Jan 25, 2011
    Founder, CEO Liv Games
    USA
    We did add subtle but hidden rock-paper-scissors to Monster Wars and will be adding it to Legendary Wars 2.0

melee>range>magic>melee

We plan to add tool tips and hints with in the game because there are a lot of behind the things that increase with each tier that you don't see (range, special attacks, buffs etc.)

We will be adding it back to LW in Legendary Wars 2.0 which will include a lot of the improvements in Monster Wars.

5. agantacroxi

agantacroxi Active Member

Aug 3, 2011
    Yeah! Have you already submitted it?

6. Luc-dabomba

Luc-dabomba Active Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Normal difficulty and his attack just goes through like 15 units at a time -__-

7. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Just be patient. a gargoyle, necro tandem can hold them a long while, by which point you can have liches and reapers in every row and can continue to build up. I had maybe 5 & 5 reapers and liches plus a few gargoyles and a nec.

FYI, Lich is great and all, but I'm not too sure its the best unit to take to tier 2. The upgrade wasnt overwhelming and the cost is high.

8. Luc-dabomba

Feb 1, 2012
    So I beat 4-10 then had enough to unlock the loch and he is useful! Also I hope that update comes out soon cause my iPod always crashes on 5-1 when the pheonix becomes resurrected :(

9. walla71

walla71 New Member

Feb 12, 2012
    4-10 Defeated

Thanks for the advice. My 8-year-old son was in tears the last couple of days because he couldn't defeat level 4-10. What a baby :) He kept at it and finally did it. He recommends getting a big stack of reapers and liches. He used only 1 gargoyles and a 1 necro.

10. Liv Games

Jan 25, 2011
    Founder, CEO Liv Games
    USA
    Oh nooo! That's amazing he got this far :)
    We nerfed his life by 30% and his attack by 15%.

We and our testers get a little jaded playing the game over and over and tend to make it a bit tougher then needed

11. Metz

Metz Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Quick heads up, the latest update has turned the icon of Monster Wars from the deathknights helmet to an empty, grey box.

12. Liv Games

Jan 25, 2011
    Founder, CEO Liv Games
    USA
    It might be not fully synced. 1.1 is fine on all our devices.

13. Luc-dabomba

Feb 1, 2012
    So I hate to keep complaining but I just updated and tried 5-1 again and it's still crashing... Like I played 5 times and everytime it crashed :/ I really loved Legendary wars and I just want this one to work too what should I try?

14. Metz

Metz Member

Feb 9, 2012
    How can i sync it again?

Also on the level "The Mech Golem" I am experiencing crashes whenever i killa crystal golem. I also crashed once on 5-1 when the phoenix spawned but it worked fine after that.

15. Liv Games

Jan 25, 2011
    Founder, CEO Liv Games
    USA
    What devices do you have?

Just retested 5-1 and 5-7 these on ipod 1/ ipod touch 4 and they worked.

I'm guessing like LW there is some memory issue with these devices if a lot of apps are in the background :/

Try this. Remove all apps from taskbar, then hard reset your device (turn it off and on). This clears all memory from your device.

Pelease let us know. What we can do also with Monster arena 1.2 update, is offer a lower graphic resolution for backgrounds. That should probably solve all cases.

16. Luc-dabomba

Feb 1, 2012
    Well I just updated to IOS5 and it's working perfectly except I can't use any soulstones to upgrade my people it asks me yay or nay I click yay and it crashes I could probably beat the game without any more upgraded but it'd be diffucult

17. Metz

Metz Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Switching the power off then back on again worked for the crashes. I didn't have many other apps on at the time.

(IPod touch 4)

18. Luc-dabomba

Feb 1, 2012
    Yes it's working now thanks everything is great! But just a little something the achievement for beat normal campaign with only 2 gremlin miners is very diffucult once you get into sky haven maybe just make it 3 miners instead of 2 just a thought

19. Metz

Metz Member

Feb 9, 2012
    #119 Metz, Feb 20, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
    A quick note - the dragons tier 3 special is TERRIBLE. Goes from about 900 damage crit and stun (tier 2) to a wierd vortex that barely deals 300 damage (tier 3). ITs a complete waste of 10 soulstones. Is there anyway i can revert back to tier 2 or am i stuck with the useless bone dragon?

20. Liv Games

Jan 25, 2011
    Founder, CEO Liv Games
    USA
    can you please email us at http://www.livgames.com/contact

We have never seen this bug and would love to try to solve it.

thanks!