GameClub Monster Wars (by Liv Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by goiMot, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Luc-dabomba

Luc-dabomba Active Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Thanks Liv Games for making quick work of the problem with 1-8 I updated and beat it I found some levels pretty challenging it's not like legendary wars where all you do is upgrade elfy to max and just use defense :p much more strategy involved in this one! Legendary wars was an amazing game and I hope you keep coming out with more updates and new games! And thanks agantacrox? Idk if I spelt that right sorry :p

2. blackiepang

blackiepang Active Member

Nov 25, 2011
    I lost my save after I updated to 1.02. Any reason why this happened?
    Using ipad2 ios 5.0.1

3. mcguigan97

mcguigan97 New Member

Feb 8, 2012
    On the Golem King problem, I am also not getting the soulstone (in addition to not getting the achievement). Probably linked problems but FYI.

P.S. I also think monster wars is a lot more fun than legendary.

"18 Free updates later on Legendary Wars, our fans know we are committed to them" - Absolutely! Thanks for the continued support

4. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    #84 ArtNJ, Feb 8, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
    I'm concerned about buying the wrong monsters/upgrades. What are the good ones that have continuing use? Have seen people talking about the Lich? Dont have that one yet. Could buy Medusa or Troll, but that would use 4 of 6 of my stones and I dont have any Tier 2 yet. I dont use Death Knight or Impy anymore and dont want to waste again.

5. agantacroxi

agantacroxi Active Member

Aug 3, 2011
    I think the good ones are: skully, deadknight, vamp, gargoyle, necro, spidey, reaper, lich (which is the best!) if I were you I'd first buy the lich and then the spidey
    The medium ones are: troll, dragon, skullyarcher, deadwalker (zombie)
    The awful ones are: impy, wolfy, medusa (which is reaaly the worst of the whole group, if you compare price to quality)
    I've already upgraded: Skully 2 deadknight 3 skullarcher 2 deadwalker 2 vamp 2 lich 2. And I've also bought all other monsters. I've got a problem with my MW that doesn't unlock hard even if I finshed normal, but I found a great way to gather soulstones in the endless and action modes. Two tips:
    *Endless: have min. 30 startup gems and 60 startup souls. Choose the vamp and other randoms. Now, be quick: press the forward button, summon a vamp, let him use his special! He'll quickly fly to the castle. Once he transforms back in vamp let him use the special again. Be quick! Repeat these actions and you'll win in 10-30 seconds depending on tier, level number and level area.
    *Action. Choose the skully! Even better if he's at tier 2. Works great in the swamp: let him spin over enemies! Go ONLY forward without seeing back, don't destroy an houses. When a long-ranged enemy shoots at you, you must'be quick: use your special BEFORE the arrow/spell hits you. Continue using yur special until you finished the enemy block.
    Hope my hints will help you,
    agantacroxi

6. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Do you get a stone every time you get 200 kills or just once?

7. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Also, what is the strategy for 4-10? I may not be waiting long enough, but the pace of units coming does pick up. Also, I suppose I may not be bringing enough fodder to the party, the wizards eat up most of the army and not enough is left to kill the boss wizard. I have 2 stones atm, no tier 2 - do have lich, but he gets pawned quick if not much is left.

I'm 9/9 on mining, so clearly I could level that and have 20 % more units in the same time period.

8. Luc-dabomba

Luc-dabomba Active Member

Feb 1, 2012
    I'm having the same problem I had tier 3 on my skully archers with about 45 of them and I had 6 wolfies and a necro and my units died they took about 1/4 of his health then he just advanced and raped me -__-

9. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Maybe he is doing splash damage?

10. agantacroxi

Aug 3, 2011
    Only once
    Are you playing 4-10 in normal or hard?

11. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Normal. What I do is make a golem (maxed) then make a necro, and use those 2 to kill stuff that comes in while healing golem. Then I build a big army consisting of maxed tier 1 maxed stuff, 3 or so golems, 2 liches, 1 reaper, and 15+ miscellaneous. I tried to wipe the normal wizards with a golem's stomp on one occassion, and on another I tried to use the liches special. I always try to close with the liches's special. However, in two tries, boss still had 2/3's health.

12. agantacroxi

Aug 3, 2011
    Golem or gargoyle?

13. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Gargoyle. I just came *very* close over lunch by being more patient and having more like 4 liches 3 reapers 4 gargoyles and some trash. I suppose I need to make more trash, such as zombies, to absorb hits. I have a necro in the early going to try to take 0 losses until just before the attrack, but she inevitably dies at some point and I dont make another because she doesnt seem real useful in the actual full on assault. To hard to click on and get the heal off, and the heal is small anyway.

14. Metz

Metz Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Monster Wars

I would just like to say that this game - much like the first - is an absolute masterpiece and is among the best i have ever played off the appstore.

However on both of my games i have been experiencing crashes frequently. On legendary wars i am at level 5-8 on legendary but when i attempt to enter the game, enter or exit the armory or even just play the level it will occasionally crash making this level nearly impossible.

More importantly though, on monster wars i experienced crashes after every single level from world 2 to where i am now in 4-7. When i attempt to play the level, upgrade anything in the netherworld, attempt endless modes or even sometimes just entering the game at all - the game will crash and kick me out of the app. Thankfully when this happened upon battle completon and the awarding of gems it saves the gems i earnt and moves me to the next level when i re-enter the app. Unfortunately the crashing has become more common at the loading screens with the recent update (1.02?) and the game does not show me the storyline that happens upon mission completion so i am missing out on a lot of the story.

I have an IPod Touch 4th Gen running on 5.0.1.

I would like to re-iterate that this is an incredible game and a worthy successor to the original but i would greatly appreciate it if the games could be as crash-free as world 1 was.

Thank you.

15. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    I was able to do 4-10 by just being more patient and making Lichs and Reapers. I used a nec & gargoyle tandem to kill strays/stall while building my army. I dont think you need anything other than those 4 units to do it, but I did use a few zombies (relatively ineffectively) for meat shields.

16. agantacroxi

Aug 3, 2011
    Monster Wars Wiki

Hey toucharcaders!
    Jens Ingels, Brandonw38 and me have created a Monster Wars wiki! It's just at our early start, but if you're interested to contribute, here's the link: http://monsterwars.wikia.com/wiki/Monsterwars_Wiki. Cheers, agantacroxi :)

17. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    I tried Legendary Wars for a bit but it seemed to have too much micro for my tastes. I'm more interested in controlling the overall strategy and not in getting ahead by precise control of individual units. Is this more of the same?

18. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Depends when you tried Legendary Wars. They improved the controls and added basically auto-attack in updates, and the new controls are here.

If you like any of the games of this type, you might like this one. Its more unusually polished for the genre rather than unusually strategically deep though. None of the games in this genre are deep thinks.

19. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    I tried LW pretty recently, so perhaps I would have liked it even less, earlier.

I liked Paladog because it is reasonably thinky given the small number of decisions, it has relatively little dexterity or micromanagement element. Perhaps that is a slightly different genre, though.

20. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    I'd say that Crystal Wars: Blood Field has a better chance of being up your alley, and it might still be free. Has IAP, but its not required by any means. There is still some clicky here, I meant to clicky there to Monster Wars despite the control improvements.