Monster Trucks Nitro

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by brighteyes74, Mar 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

As someone who went to way too many monster truck rallies as a kid... This game better be good!

[​IMG]

2. gscal

gscal Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    What's that picture supposed to mean? And yes, this better be good, especially if they're teasing us with a countdown on their website.

3. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

You've never seen the X-Files? :eek:

4. mavis

mavis Well-Known Member

Wow. You'd have to be pretty young to not know what that poster means! I'm guessing you're a teenager?

5. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Man, I have such a disaffinity for pre-determined release dates. I have been looking forward to MTN for 2wks now, and I think this might contribute to a deflated perception of the game once I get it. I'm hoping, like Eli, that I'm not disappointed.

6. gscal

gscal Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    I've seen it, but I'm not a big fan... :eek:

7. jchampl

jchampl Well-Known Member

agreed.

8. mavis

mavis Well-Known Member

Agreed. My opinion of this developer has most definitely soured with this whole BS launch, and I am quite looking forward to the opportunity of reviewing this app accordingly. :mad:

9. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

Does anyone actually have any idea if this app has been approved? I mean they could be like everyone else and just be stuck in App Store approval limbo? I have a hard time blaming a developer for launch fiascos when it seems to be so far out of their control.

10. iPro

iPro Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    YouTube Money Maker
    In Cali
  11. Palfince

Palfince Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    England
    It's definitely been approved because you can see it come up when you search it:

[​IMG]

Also Hodapp what happened to you being a Super Moderator with an avatar?

12. emb531

emb531 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2008
    This will be out tonight around 11 P.M. EST in the U.S....pretty sure...

13. nuggetsman28

nuggetsman28 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    charlotte
    21 hours 59 minutes 32 seconds
    left until the release of iPhone game

14. mavis

mavis Well-Known Member

They have a countdown timer on their home page, meaning they know when the app will be released. Also, "Monster Trucks Nitro" has been auto-completing in App Store searches for a good four-five days now. The app is there, it's ready to go - they're simply d**king us around, and I don't appreciate it. Therefore, I will be leaving a one-star review for them as soon as I possibly can.

15. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

So wait, you're mad as hell about how they're launching the game so you're going to pay them back by... giving them money? :confused:

16. mavis

mavis Well-Known Member

Well, I do want the game. I just don't appreciate their BS attempts at building hype. Other than not buying the game (which is unacceptable) the only way I have of letting them know how I feel is an honest review, not so much of the app, but of the developer.

17. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Yeah, that sounds a bit weird. Don't forget many devs do that too, but probably you just don't know about it since they don't put a countdown timer on their website.

Btw, how can they know when the game would be approved? Why Sway and ZenBound took rather long and no one had idea when they'd be out except 'soon'?

18. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008

That's the silliest thing I've ever heard.
    It's those type of reviews "The game crashes" that people laugh at. They are useless reviews and don't help anyone.

A review of "it was supposed to come out 4 days ago, boo hoo" is just good for laughs, nothing more.
    Either leave a real review, or don't bother. Or as was mentioned above, don't get the game if you're that angry

19. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    How is that honest? You being angry is no reason to be vindicative by taking out on them, by dishonestly leaving a one star review.

Why not actually play the game when it is released and THEN leave the appropriate stars? :confused:

20. sam the lion

sam the lion Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Italy
    I agree