Universal Monster Strike (By mixi, Inc)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gotoma, Oct 23, 2014.

1. lidralyn

lidralyn Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2013
    Is there an easier way to reroll than to clear game data and having to redownload the files/do the tutorial each time?

2. Sequence

Sequence Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    I got into a co-op match an hour ago. There was no one around me with the game and they were not my Facebook friends.

The game looks for players within your region. I'm not sure of the range though. It was cool, since most games like this use AI instead of actual live players.

Plus, if you can find players, you get 5 orbs (up to 50) each time you play co-op.

3. nosoup4crr

nosoup4crr Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    #43 nosoup4crr, Oct 24, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
    Hm. I'll try again. But the last time I looked for players around me, it didn't find anyone and eventually got into a perpetual searching train.

Edit: yeah, nothing. No idea how you get AI strikers, but I can't find them. When recruiting a team, it just endlessly searches for strikers. And when gring to join a team, it searches, finds nothing, and prompts me to try again.

4. Sequence

Jul 15, 2012
    #44 Sequence, Oct 24, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
    I joined the Reddit LINE group. When they post, if you click their invitation link, it'll connect you to a co-op match.

Maybe someone can start a Toucharcade LINE group?

Edit: it works. Just played 3-4 matches. You get 5 orbs for EVERY real person that participates it seems.

5. Roleki

Roleki Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2012
    I've just taken this off my watch list because of the Internet requirement. These guys could learn from Nival's Etherlords, which allows a degree of game play without the Internet and synchs later. Also I still like to own the games I buy - maybe I'm just old fashioned...

6. ItouchBrett

ItouchBrett Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    This co op -.- where is this reddit link

7. dudecoolguyman

dudecoolguyman Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    I have had zero luck with co-op

8. Sequence

Jul 15, 2012
    If you have the LINE app (chat app in the appstore) and you join a Monster Strike Group, there will be invites that when you click on the link, will jump to the game and get you into a co-op session.

I've played over 10 matches since finding this out.

Theres a Monster Strike thread on Reddit with the info to join. Google it, not sure what the rules are on TA about linking to another forum.

9. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Could you add me on line and than invite me to the chat? My line name is Eillusion

10. wahoyaho

wahoyaho Member

Aug 19, 2012
    My Id is 269 635 349 213 just started. Looking for friends :)

11. k1zuna

k1zuna Active Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Finally got Arthur!!! Add me:

12. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    I could really like this except for the fact that it constantly pops up with "move to a an area for a better connection" messages. Very very very annoying, especially since none of my other games have this issue and I have a very strong WiFi signal. Until this gets fixed, I think I will have to make room for something else.

13. MaxxNes

MaxxNes Active Member

Aug 3, 2012
    Pretty cool so far!

Add me if needed, I need friends!

721,796,339,301 !

14. holeydonut

holeydonut New Member

Oct 25, 2014
    #54 holeydonut, Oct 25, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
    I have both the JP and EN versions on my phone... Find me on LINE chat!

EN monster strike ID 235170139151
    JP monster strike ID 930765196

My LINE ID is holeydonut123

If you are on LINE chat, you should be able to join us via this link:

** DELETED THE LINK SINCE SOMEONE USED IT TO NUKE THE ROOM ** PM me if you want to join us on LINE Chat!

(forum rules won't let me actually make this a functional link... you'll have to copy and paste)

15. uFinKnow

uFinKnow Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2014
    Love it. I have been on this game more than any other. There could be some improvements but overall a great release. Can't wait to see what it becomes after some updates. Cheers.

16. thecmancan

thecmancan Member

Oct 28, 2012
    Telecommunications
    NYC
    Fairly generous with the orbs and hatching eggs.

I'm hoping for depth in the "combat". Does it get harder?

My ID is 503,446,039,027

17. kennfusion

kennfusion Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 2, 2008
    Brooklyn, New York
    #57 kennfusion, Oct 26, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2014
    It's fun, but so far everything has either been way too easy or way too hard. I am not finding anything in between.

Edit: and if anyone needs friends, I am 205,735,289,480

18. jamaicanjerk

jamaicanjerk Member

Oct 23, 2013
    Loving this game! Have been playing all weekend. I am the kind to grind tho so love optimizing crews for certain missions, and trying to max stats. Great great game, add me

19. holeydonut

holeydonut New Member

Oct 25, 2014
    The game is still early - right now the focus is on helping people get some characters and helping players level them up.

Eventually you'll need a diverse group of monsters to tackle various challenging dungeons. These "descended" dungeons usually have certain types of traps that render certain characters useless.

Some dungeons have a lot of gravity traps, or they'll have warp traps, or land mines, or damage walls, or floor platforms that redirect your shots.

Using the Japanese game as a benchmark, the "fun factor" doesn't ramp up until you can launch the 50 stamina dungeons and really go monster hunting.

Unlike puzzle and dragons, you cannot use a great starting character to just buzzsaw through the game. If your first character is Arthur (arguably the most powerful starting character), you'll still get wrecked by the most recent Descended dungeon that came out in the Japanese-game this weekend.

Also, newbie players haven't built up a max luck character or assembled high-synergy teams yet.

20. pinOi32

pinOi32 Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2014
    Anyone else having the problem of not being able to finish the last stage of Trial of Darkness?

The game just crashes every time after I'm done collecting the rewards (after the boss is dead).