iPad Monster Racer

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Clintg, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Clintg

Clintg Member

Sep 8, 2010
    #1 Clintg, Sep 8, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2010

Attached Files:

2. warcrack

warcrack Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2010
    Electrical Engineer
    TA
    Took:TA7PMATNH4PE

3. hasio_john

hasio_john Well-Known Member

Y67KPA7JKLNK ... Thanks!!:)

4. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    AK3R7TLKWRPL taken

thanks a lot!

5. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Took YXKY3JNA9E9...

Thanks. Will review later today on iTunes...

6. Rangerlump

Rangerlump Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    took

AMP9RTK6JEJK

thanks! will post feedback

7. speed4mee

speed4mee Well-Known Member

May 17, 2010
    Took ERX7EHHRK6RW, thank you! :)

8. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Please post impressions, guys. Video looks really good. How are the controls?

9. Clintg

Clintg Member

Sep 8, 2010
    These 2 are left:
    HX7XA37MFFHR
    XHLXEXWH3J34

10. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Both used without any thanks given. Lame, people.

11. Snooptalian

Sep 12, 2009
    Pretty cool game. Controls are simple and work well. You have an arrow on the lower left and right to adjust the tilt of the truck midair which works great with no problems. The only other control you have is another arrow on the left to brake/reverse. Acceleration is automatic.

There are 10 time attack levels, and then you can run these again in distance mode to see how long you can last by hitting timed checkpoints to keep on racing. Overall the gameplay is pretty fun, but could really use more levels, especially levels with more challenge. There was only 2 areas that posed any challenge, and that wasn't really much of a challenge to complete. Basically you are trying to compete for the fastest time to get your name on the leaderboard, but more of a challenge to complete each track would make this game loads more appealing IMHO.

As for any suggestions I would have one other than requesting more challenging levels. I would like to see more of the track as I am racing it, so if the camera could be zoomed out further I would be alot happier than the zoomed in way it is now. This would be helpful especially if more challenging tracks are updated in so you can see what is coming up next better, plus it just would look better being able to see more...

Overall a good game that just needs a bit more in content to get more people interested...

12. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    That's what happens when devs don't give them through PM! IMO, that's the only way they should be given out! WE appreciate them and WE post reviews!! Don't you agree? :cool:

13. iphoneprogrammer

iphoneprogrammer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Financial Analyst for Baines and Ernst
    London, UK
    ok this looks fun, looks sooo much better than monster truck nitro 1 and 2.

14. RiverOnFire

RiverOnFire Well-Known Member

15. Snooptalian

Sep 12, 2009
    I don't know if I'd go that far, but either way it's definately worth a purchase even with just the 10 tracks.

Looking closer at the truck itself, it looks exactly like a Traxxas T-Maxx nitro RC truck (now also a full scale Monster Jam truck). Looks awesome, and I agree when the truck takes a jump it looks very cool when the suspension bottoms out...

16. Clintg

Clintg Member

Sep 8, 2010
    #16 Clintg, Sep 9, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2010
    What do you mean with PM?

17. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    "We" meaning you and I? Well...I hope so. :) I doubt that all these codes are taken without a thank you by lurkers. I think that unfortunately some TA members probably do take codes without giving a thank you. Maybe they don't want to say anything because then the dev will expect a review, and rightfully so. I can't say I've written a review for every game I've gotten a code for--if a game is really bad I will spare the dev a terrible review out of thanks for the chance to try it for free. But I do strive for honesty in the reviews I write. Different people approach it differently though. Some feel like they need to write a positive review for every code they get and I understand that. I kind of disagree with doing that though, because I feel like then I'll be screwing over consumers.

Anyway, I will write a review for this assuming it is worth 3 stars or above. The dev was nice enough to send me a code after I reprimanded everyone earlier. :eek: I think that based on the screenshots and other impressions that it will be worthy of a 3 at least, probably better. It looks quite fun to me. I'm sure I can get the review up by the weekend. I try to play games reasonably thoroughly before posting impressions or reviews for them.

Thanks again to the dev, and hopefully he'll get to see some positive reviews on the app store soon. It's really more important, I think, than we here at TA who rely on this site for our info sometimes realize.

18. Clintg

Clintg Member

Sep 8, 2010
    Yes, it is very important to get reviews in the US. Specially when one doesnt live and know any body personally in the US it is difficult, because we cant ask friends to post positive reviews. But I think you are right not to send negative reviews if you dont like a game you got a code for. Its surely better not to write anything in that case.

Here are 10 more promocodes for Monster Racer:

LW6XY96WML66
    A6LLXYJ9AYR7
    3PTMNHPYKPF6
    34AYXXTFE7NE
    F6L7F9L7N49E
    MXXEK76KYJRY
    6NAJXTT9FK43
    TT33AXHTFP9F
    FTT497NWMN6Y
    ALPNR3LFENEW

19. batmessiah

batmessiah Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2009
    R&D Lab Technician
    Used FTT497NWMN6Y

Thanks for the promo code! It looks like a lot of fun!

20. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Used LW6XY96WML66

Thanks! :D