Universal Monster Hunter Stories (by CAPCOM Co., Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by NyxKiria, Sep 25, 2018.

1. NyxKiria

NyxKiria Active Member

Sep 9, 2018
    Male
    Can anyone confirm if this has iCloud backup or not?

2. Mattosai

Mattosai Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    i recall lawliet saying you can save your progression on PC with itunes

plug your phone, browse phone apps in itunes to mh stories, there should be a file or repertory with your save in.

iirc of course.

3. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    There is a Backup option that allows you to upload current save from one device and download it to another device I believe. I haven’t done it yet, but I guess that’s a cloud save of sorts.

4. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Heads up you can get a special monstie by playing and winning the ‘Puzzle and Dragons X Drake’ special tournament in the rider arena.

5. zeroex

zeroex Well-Known Member

May 20, 2014
    Yeah the monsters that are available late game are far stronger than the ones you get early game. Check the stats and make sure you have a solid monster of each power type and most element coverage. Off the top of my head for Fire look at Seregios, Pink Rathian (until you get the Gold one), Thunder look at Zinogre, Ivory Lagarius, Ice look at Barioth, Dragon look at Deviljho or Stygian Zinogre. Also note that if you add enough genes of a particular element you can actual change the monsters element type. I have a Black Diablo that is ice-based because I added Zamtrios' spread ice breath gene and other ice boosting genes.

TicTac likes this.
  6. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    I’ve been running with one over-levelled monstie even in post game (and it’s been a huge struggle especially in Dovan volcano), but after reading your comment I went ahead and fixed my squad. Now it looks like this:

Ratha (fire)
    White Monoblos (water)
    Oroshi Kirin (ice)
    Kirin (thunder)
    Molten Tigrex (dragon)
    Kurenai Goukami (fire)

I have a high level deviljho but its dragon resistance is negative despite multiple +defence gene buffs so I’ve decided to go with the Tigrex instead. The Kirins are admittedly there because they look cool and the Goukami for the novelty. The only one I’m unsure about is the Monoblos, is it a good choice or is Barioth better?

7. zeroex

zeroex Well-Known Member

May 20, 2014
    Y
    You're a bit further along than I am - I just hit postgame and I'm grinding for better weapons/armor. Since you already have an Ice monster, I'd stick with the Monoblos. However I'd also look into the regular variant. The White is too dependent on Lock-on imo. Regular Monoblos has a special attack of each variant (power/speed/tech) which makes it extremely versatile.

Also you have very different philosophy in terms of monsters lol. I felt Ratha was underpowered and never used him except when I had to. My favorites so far are the Zinogres (both variants) but I'm hunting for a Seregios right now to round out my technical monster.

TicTac likes this.
  8. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    My “philosophy” involves using whatever feels powerful lol. That obviously isn’t the right way to go about this and I’m learning the lesson in the tower of illusions. The kirins’ hp are too low, deviljho is far more powerful than the molten tigrex, ratha is indeed somewhat underpowered and I didn’t even know what lock-on was.

Despite that I somehow managed to get past Rajang on the 5th try. And rode my luck on the final floor after exhausting the all potions, vital essence, ancient potion and moxie gem and was down to one heart before the win. The silver/gold raths were surprisingly tough.

Currently I’m farming the Fatalis (Dark Demise) for commendations with my white monoblos and stab vitals (spam it until it works, if die try again). Easy 15k zenny + commendation every two runs without using any potions, hearts or items.

Also I’m looking for someone to farm Glavenus egg fragments with (assuming the iOS version is identical to the 3DS version).

9. zeroex

zeroex Well-Known Member

May 20, 2014
    Yeah, proper gene planning makes a big difference. Gotta get those bingos ;) Just finished my Gold Rath and Seregios builds now leveling them up to be usable. I can't use Deviljho bc I hate how ugly he looks lmao

I'm down to farm/swap Glavenus frags. I'm not really sure how to do it though - wanna PM me and let's figure it out?

TicTac likes this.
  10. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Seems you can’t save at any time?

Trying out the demo at the moment. Just got to the first part of fighting a few “monsties” (wtf by way!?). I get part way through the quest of going to the waterfall or whatever and, well this game being a mobile game and all I find myself needing to put it down and do my life for a little while. I search in game for a save feature. Nup.

Seems it only saves when it decides you’ve done enough in the story or completed a quest. Or, from what I’ve searched online, when you sleep back in the village (ie not out on a quest).

Such structured save requisites is a major floor for a mobile game imo.

This game isn’t for me anyway. The graphics are amazing on my Xs Max. Like the cinematics are dead set amazing. But the game itself isn’t for me (combat seems simple as a Rock Paper Scissors thing to begin with).
    Regardless of that, even if it were, the lack of a save system for a mobile game truly killed it for me. I’m not repeating quests having got near the end of one and needed to put the game down. No way.

11. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    This has come up many times already, but here it is: once you leave the demo/tutorial, autosaving is far more frequent — basically, whenever you switch screens — and there are manual save points at every fast travel point (and there are many), as well as every town or settlement. To sum up, in 40 hours I have not lost any progress due to a phone call or app switching.

As to the combat, there’s a lot more to it that what’s on the demo. The basic core is Rock Paper Scissors, but once you add kinship-powered skill and weapon-based abilities, monster abilities, multiple monsters, special attacks, quick time events, buffs and debuffs, attack items, healing items, defense items, etc, there’s a fair amount of depth in the combat system. It’s not Shin Megami Tensei, but it’s decent.

Add to that a pretty rich story, decent characters with compelling arcs, a huge, gorgeous world, and multiple ways to get around (including burrowing, climbing, flying, and jumping), and, of course, all the monster hunting and collecting, and you have a game that should hold most people’s attention for the 40+ hours campaign. I would certainly not base my decision on just what you can do in the demo.

12. zeroex

zeroex Well-Known Member

May 20, 2014
    well said. i'm at 80 hours and counting now.

squarezero and TicTac like this.
  13. Mattosai

Mattosai Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    For those far in, are the eggs DLC of 3ds included in IoS version ?

(teostra, oroshi kirin, daora etc ... ?)

thanks

nvm saw @TicTac team, seems to be the case (yay)

14. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Both kirins are in the game along with molten tigrex, but daora/teostra/fatalis eggs are unavailable as far as I know.

15. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Is there a reliable place where Seregios spawns? I’m looking to farm the all potent gene.

16. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Finally beat the main story — took me 53 hours and 30 mins. Found the ending surprisingly affecting, as I’d grown to care for most of the characters. Cheval’s arc was particularly moving. Not saying it is particularly original, but it it felt like a well-told tale.

Seems like there’s plenty of post game, but I will probably take a break and play something else for a while. Great game, though — easily a GOTY candidate.

Son of Anarchy and TicTac like this.
  17. zeroex

zeroex Well-Known Member

May 20, 2014
    No. Your best bet is using an Finding charm and farm rare dens.

TicTac likes this.
  18. ImLegend

ImLegend Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2010
    I need a Black Gravios EGG
    Beat him many times in rainforest settlement using in and out trip, used tons of painball but he just don’t run back to den
    Any advice will be great appreciated
    Thanks

19. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Try the Blossom Row and use a finding charm.

20. ImLegend

ImLegend Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2010
    Been there doing normal den search and no luck only some rarest is Purple Gypceros.

Calling monster the rarest one I got is Deviljho.

are you getting it from den search or calling monsters. Only rare den or normal will have It too.

Thanks in advance