Universal Monster Hunter Stories (by CAPCOM Co., Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by NyxKiria, Sep 25, 2018.

1. V Kuolema

V Kuolema Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2011
    Canada
    I didn't see it mentioned yet, but you can use the QR codes in this game too. I'm not sure if links are allowed, but: https://imgur.com/a/UjBwt is a compilation of a ton of codes all labelled (if it's removed just google "monster hunter qr codes" and go to the Reddit link. I just used the screenshot feature, go to that Communications cat in game and it'll let you scan a picture from your photo library for the code. You can get A LOT of stuff. It's labelled as well so you could only use one if it's something you want.

Don't know if it's common knowledge or what but I found it pretty cool.

Solarclipse and tekchic like this.
  2. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Thanks for the link!

3. Milotorou

Milotorou Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015

They did mention in the app description that the QR codes for the JP release didnt work here...

I assumed the mobile version would get its own QR codes... thanks for mentioning these, i wouldve waited forever with nothing earned hahaha

4. V Kuolema

V Kuolema Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2011
    Canada
    Well I can say I used all of those codes and all but 2 worked, even the JP ones worked. I guess you could also just use a PC and scan with phone. At the time I only had my phone so I went and screenshoted each one haha, took ages, but definitely worth it!

5. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    How are saves set up? Can you save anytime?

6. Mattosai

Mattosai Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    you can save in your room for sure, maybe outside but didn’t found it in demo. ( i m trying the demo, impressed by the graphics.)

Hoping however the game combat have more depth than this RPS system (feels a bit easy and basic there. the friendship gauge is nice still) with monster / hero skills being more important later, to turn the tables in combat.

7. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    You can read the TA review for more info, or check out other comments on this thread. But to summarize the combat gets a fair amount of more depth as you get more monsters, as the monsters level up and get more abilities, as you get skill scrolls, and as you get new weapons with their own abilities. There are also combos, special attacks, and mounted combat. Ultimately it’s not a terribly deep system, but there’s been enough variety to keep me engaged for over 20 hours so far, especially when you combined it with a fun story, rewarding exploration in a pretty massive world, monster collecting, crafting, etc.

As for saves, after the tutorial the game auto saves often — basically whenever you get a load screen or finish a fight. There are also plenty of manual save spots around the world associated with the fast travel system, and you pretty much get a house at every town or city you visit. All in all, the game seems well suited for the platform.

Mattosai likes this.
  8. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Any help is appreciated. At the first Egg Nest i try to pick up an egg the character searches the ground but nothing happens it still shows me the (?). I searched again and again but nothing happens. What am i doing wrong?
    iOS 12 iphone x not jailbroken (if that helps)

Attached Files:

9. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Weird. Have you tried walking away and heading back to the nest? I would even try getting another item — there’s usually something around. When you click on the question mark, you should see a dialogue box from your cat letting you know that egg doesn’t seem great. The question mark remains so you can try for another one, but should already be carrying an egg.

I haven’t run into a single glitch of this kind (or any kind) in over 22 hours of gameplay.

I’m on an iPhone XS myself, iOS 12.

10. sakara214ever

May 10, 2012
    First of all thanks for the response. Yeah i have tried walking away coming back again but no luck. Tried closing the game and reopening it playing on airplane mode playing with or without wifi playing with data on rebooting the phone. Pretty much everything. The thing is that the same thing happens on iPad so my only guess is that the backup file is corrupted.

11. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Very strange. If you haven’t spent much time in the game, I would just dump it and reload it.

12. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Anyone else having iCloud failures trying to do network battles? I was able to do the tournament (won bronze first time! Last battle was rough!) But not the others.

BTW for those of you not there yet, these things open mid game, around the time you get rarity 4 things.

13. sakara214ever

May 10, 2012
    Ok here is what i did and fixed it. The problem started happening after i downloaded the game on ipad. I transfered the save from iphone to ipad and then played 10' on ipad and transfered the save from ipad to iphone. Then on iphone the problem kept happening. So i deleted both games and redownloaded and the problem solved. My guess is that the ipad installed game had the problem and it was somehow tranfering it on iphone.? Anyway thanks for your time :)

14. Mattosai

Mattosai Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Thx for your previous replies, i checked the forum a bit more, seems good to me !

About this, is the felyne a good indicator ? until now all eggs are Meh for him lol, so i m doing it with the color of the egg (lol) , i guess his comments are related to the level (maybe rarity if there are R/SR monsters ... oops gacha get out of my body ! ). Guess it’s logical in the first hours to get basic monsters.

15. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    You got it. Later on you can also get something from the pattern on the eggshell.

16. zeroex

zeroex Well-Known Member

May 20, 2014
    There are rare monsters. Rare monster dens (golden frame) will have better chance of getting them.

You can also tell what monster you get out of the eggs by the pattern:
    https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/3ds/146555-monster-hunter-stories/faqs/74891/egg-list-all-versions

17. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    Heck no that dang cat is constantly lying to me. “Oh something good on the horizon” .. ok! I’ll keep looking kitty! *dig dig dig* “oh this egg doesn’t smell like anything and it’s quite light” ...”nyaah! There’s no eggs left” .. you bastard cat just said there was something good coming! About the only thing he’s fairly reliable is the warning he starts giving if you spend too much time inside the nest looting items. But like I said any time he’s felt something good or even said he smells something strong in the nest it’s never amount to anything good. So the only time I listen is when he actually comments on the current egg I pick up “oh this thing is smelly and is 100% normal” if he says that I’m like “chaching!!” Lol because 9/10 times it either is light and doesn’t smell, smelly but light, or doesn’t smell but is normal. I just finished Albarax but haven’t moved on from there in the story yet so no spoilers from anyone or any from me but I I’ve logged about 73 hours so far and finally just beat the poison bloom/pink rathian (the last thing I wanted to do before moving on with the story) and in all this time I’ve mostly just farmed monsties for gene collecting and whatnot. So far I’ve only encountered 3 heavy eggs. Or 1 heavy egg and 2 quite heavy. So this egg type is super rare. I’ve also only encountered 3 different smells. No smell, smelly, and stinky which stinky I’ve seen only once. But I know what they all mean so no worries ppl I’m not asking for any explanations I’m just sharing experience lol.

raravan and Son of Anarchy like this.
  18. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    Btw the special subquests. Are there only 2 open rn or am I just at a point in the game where I can only do 2 of them and the rest on the list will open up later?

19. zeroex

zeroex Well-Known Member

May 20, 2014
    rest open up later. even if you could do them now you'd get your ass whupped.

20. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    #120 TicTac, Oct 10, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
    Enemies do use fixed combos afaik. Weaker mobs tend to stick to 1 attack type (eg Iopreys only use Speed attacks) while its larger cousin Iodrome uses Speed-Soeed-Power. So to counter Iodromes you’ll need to use Tech-Tech-Speed.

Edit: Completed the main story yesterday. I never bothered with gene slots egg hunt etc and I’m getting decimated right now by the upgraded monsters. Is there a post game guide out there somewhere? Any general tips would also help.