Universal Monster Hunter Stories (by CAPCOM Co., Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by NyxKiria, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    I had a 6 when I first got it in
    Japan and it was fine
    May eat your battery up :)

2. Tinsel

Tinsel Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    I've been playing the demo and enjoying it a lot! It's killing the battery on my iPad Pro 2017!

I did see the backup option, and thanks for responding with confirmation on how it works.

Does anyone know what travels over from the demo to the main game? Levels? Zenny? Items? Quest Progress?

I'm having a blast in the demo, but would rather not keep playing it if I'm going to lose all of my stuff that I'm grinding out.

3. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Well the obvious solution would be to just buy it now! :)

I'm not sure about carry over but as for the battery issue, there's 3 graphics settings and I'm 99% sure they should help save battery. Really well made port imo.

4. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    414A03D3-7E55-4001-B83B-DD317EE219E9.png 10 hours in. how’s everyone else looking? :3

semtam and Rocksaint like this.
  5. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Everything carries over.

6. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    I couldn’t get into the MH series because I never had enough time and am not always a fan of more arcade / action games especially with a touch device like the iPhone/iPad. I did but the MH for iOS since I was impressed they could make it and tried it a couple of times but was distracted with the many other 50+ games I have and want to play etc...

1) I’m intrigued that it is turn based and might be more my style
    2) is this an online or offline game? I have a long airplane ride coming up and thought this would be perfect way to kill time!

7. Milotorou

Milotorou Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    This is an offline experience mostly, the only online features are to download extra quests and battle other players online, none of these are mandatory during the game, theyre optional stuff.

Unlike other Monster Hunter games there is no co-op play, you are on your own.

This is very different from your usual Monster Hunter game, its far more laid back and accessible. I love it because I was in the mood for a relaxing game, this game plays at your own pace, I find myself distracted by pretty much anything, exploration is rad, the world is beautiful to explore and theres small rewards at every turn.

8. r10k

r10k Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2009
    This game is great... and battery wise it’s fine on my 9.7 Pro (it isn’t light on it, but it hardly kills it quickly).

Question though... does anyone understand how the auto save works? Does that mean it just suggests saving after a mission?

9. SolvedApp

SolvedApp Member

Aug 17, 2017
    Lovely overall, CAPCOM <3

10. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    I’m curious about why your character goes around killing monsters left and right but the tribe he’s from and the point of the riders is to not hunt and kill but to raise and befriend?

11. Milotorou

Mar 19, 2015
    well from my point of view the only way you can befriend a monster is if he sees you first thing when he gets out of an egg, so after that hes not tamable.

12. dbagga84

May 22, 2013
    Well yeah I know, but like I said the tribe is against hunting monsters but that’s pretty much what you do between collecting plants, ore, stealing eggs.

Look it doesn’t change that the game is awesome but the whole thing is completely contradictory lol.

Solarclipse likes this.
  13. Brightsiderus

Brightsiderus Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2017
    It’s “kill or be killed”

14. Milotorou

Mar 19, 2015
    Well to be fair that makes back attacks sound very questionable lolll

15. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    #75 curtisrshideler, Sep 29, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
    THIS is the THE question for me. I’ve started a game and am wondering how the auto save works. I’m about to force quit the game and see where it puts me I’m currently on the tutorial mission and will see if it saves after the last dialogue or if it starts the whole mission over. Better to find out sooner than later!

EDIT: it started me from outside my house after my last save, even before starting the tutorial mission. Sigh. Better than no auto save I guess. Barely!

Also, I noticed it says auto save in the bottom right when it is saving. It just did it at the end of the tutorial mission... right before it asked me if I wanted to actually save. Hahaha

Dailon80 likes this.
  16. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Once you get past the tutorial, auto saving is way more generous than that. It basically saves after every battle and whenever you reach a load screen. Manual saving is there to create a backup, and you’ll be able to do so both at your house and at fast-travel points throughout the map.

I’m actually impressed how well CAPCOM adaptes the game to a mobile platform.

17. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    One awesome thing I noticed is that Capcom enabled file sharing mode on their app. Meaning that you can actually manually back up your save files to your PC if needed. That's awesome! Although I've yet to test it but I do have access to the save folder unlike 99% of the gaming apps on the app store.

18. Zemar

Zemar Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Denmark
    That’s cool. But why don’t they also open up for file sharing with MHFU? That’s a much needed feature.

19. dbagga84

May 22, 2013
    #79 dbagga84, Sep 30, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
    Well in the area around the town how come it’s not run or befriend?

Well nm see it’s good to analyze things sometimes because NOW it makes more sense. Since they use the kinship stones to develop a bond when they’re BORN! Not the ones already out in the wild with no human contact. As far as I remember the towns people only ask you to “take care” of monsters that are terrorizing people I don’t think any of them task you with something that requires you to go out killing aimlessly, not until you leave the village and start encountering actual hunters then you get a quest for what popo tongues? Lol and others of course. So anyways on to something that’s completely different then how the beginning contradicts itself.

I have the worst time with gene combos and finding monsties with a gene in a slot that I need to transfer let alone even finding monsties wth open gene slots 3 in a row so I can even get a bingo. Of all the eggs I’ve found so far I found 1 heavy egg and 2 or 3 normal ones and then 100s of very light or quite light. But I do get a decent mixture of smelly and non smelly eggs. I’m not super far though. Perennial pass. Gotta beat that king ludroth. I haven’t yet cause I was running around stealing eggs and seeing the new monsties I could get. I even got a monstie I can’t even use yet because it requires lvl 4 kinship stone and I’m just at 3. I’ve also been making every weapon and armor set I can and trying different combos out. Not that it matters . At this point in the game I can’t win a head to head if my life depended on it (sometimes it does! Lol) I used to see patterns in monster moves and now it’s just random or the ai knows what I’m choosing and ALWAYS chooses opposite. I fought a king ludroth and I think it says they prefer tech attacks? Or power? I can’t remember but I do remember I was frustrated so I just used power attacks and it only used speed attacks. I was like wtf? Change you damn jerk! So finally after about 5 of this in a row I changed to tech and it changed to power. AHHHHHH!!!! I hate you rng. So anyone else having experiences similar or is the game just perfect for you? Lol. In which case I’m already jealous.

20. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I haven’t had much luck with the gene system either, but I’ve only dabbled with it (I’m about 11 hours into the game). I haven’t gone egg crazy, either — I’m mostly following the main quest and about half the sub quests.

I am, however, winning a fair amount of the head to heads — mostly by playing against the enemies’ preferred attacks. Haven’t faced your run of bad luck :).