Universal Monster Hunter Stories (by CAPCOM Co., Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by NyxKiria, Sep 25, 2018.

1. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

You can just use them on any surface. Doesn’t matter. You don’t need to print them. You can just use the built in QR code scanner and boom, you’re done.

2. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    This game is legit. Feels like a long and fun RPG while I'll love. It took a while for me to get to the first battle but I enjoyed it right from the start.

It has a simple rock paper scissors type battle but with various boosts and ultimate attacks thrown in. It's easy to learn for anyone.

I'd definitely recommend this game to Monster Hunter fans, RPG fans, and people that enjoy Pokemon. It's basically a turn based version of Monster Hunter.

Dailon80 likes this.
  3. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    RinoaHeartily likes this.
  4. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
  5. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    I’m totally sold. Been playing the demo for several hours now.
    Question:- Do I have to redownload the paid version and if so how do you transfer your demo save over?

6. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    You WILL have to redownload the paid version. On first launch it’ll check to see if you want to transfer your progress from the free version. ;)

Game is EFFING brilliant. As someone who could never really get into the main series because of just how intimidating it is, this is just absolutely inviting and easy to get into. Also, the level of charm is out of this world.

Dailon80 and Pagan Fox like this.
  7. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Oh man i will be broke till the end of the month but how can you miss THAT one?:mad:

8. Tinsel

Tinsel Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Any cloud saving? Can I start on iPad and continue on iPhone?

9. tekchic

tekchic Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Female
    Software Developer
    Phoenix, AZ
    Others might know for sure, but I don’t think so. It states that if you delete the app you lose all your game save data. It’d be awesome to play this on iPad Pro then switch to phone again.

10. Milotorou

Milotorou Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    #50 Milotorou, Sep 26, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
    Edit : It does support iCloud, my bad !

No iCloud support unfortunately, no MFi either.

I decided to play on my iPad Pro still because the big worlds are so beautiful on it.... its still 100% worth it, been having a blast so far.

Anyone else had to reduce resolution in settings to reduce heat ? Just the default setting was causing my battery to go kamikaze and I have an iPad Pro 10.5 so i dont think my device performance are at fault

tekchic likes this.
  11. Tulki

Tulki Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2014
    I actually think it does have iCloud support. If you choose "Backup" on the main menu and back up your save file, the game actually shows up in iCloud.

tekchic likes this.
  12. Milotorou

Milotorou Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    #52 Milotorou, Sep 26, 2018
    I completely missed that ! I tapped newgame so fast last night and spent like 3 hours playing hahaha. Thanks for pointing it out, I will see if that works to transfer a save from a device to another, ill edit this post once I did

edit : as soon as i tapped the backup button it said ''Use this feature in order to continue your playthrough on another device'

So yep, it has iCloud support ! Cant believe i spent like an hour yesterday slicing between playing on my iPhone and my iPad.... why one when you can do both !? :)

All right guys.... anyone on the fence here should be asking themselves two questions : Do you like JRPGs ? Do you mind colorful, somewhat childish looks ?

If you like jrpgs and dont mind the colorful celshading look you need to buy this. This is the type of game we want on mobile guys, let your wallet do the talking !

13. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    #53 Pagan Fox, Sep 26, 2018
    So I’ve purchased and downloaded the game after creating a backup on the demo version but it won’t recognise the backup I’ve saved on the full game.
    iCloud is enabled for both versions so I don’t know what else to do,
    Both versions are on this iPad I’m using.
    Thoughts?

Edit:- Ok, I just needed to hit new game and then the very next screen it asked if I wanted to load saved data.....job done!

14. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    6 hours in this game is so good. berry accessible compared to mainline entires. getting new cool looking armor and weapons is so good

15. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    This game is incredible! I've played about 3 hours and have only just started. I've been wandering around gathering materials when they let me go free roam.

Then... I saw a Yankutku! I knew I had to try and slay it. And boy it was tough for my low level team but I did it and it felt great! My first boss kill! There was even a mini tapping game when my Monstie did it's finishing blow. It was awesome!

This is going to be my port of the year 99%!

Attached Files:

Dailon80, tekchic and Pagan Fox like this.
  16. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    I picked it up last night and looking forward to diving into it soon. I've been playing Monster Hunter World on PC for the last few weeks and I'm looking forward to a MH title that doesn't have such a ridiculously steep curve.

17. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Loved this game on the 3ds! Exciting week. This & nintendos new release.

Just bought this. Totally worth double dipping! Such a fun / polished experience.

18. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    This game is a masterpiece! Worth every penny and I’m paying twice since I own the Japan store version

tekchic and L.Lawliet like this.
  19. duxter90

duxter90 Active Member

Feb 27, 2017
    Guys, is worth it for iphone 6?

20. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Not sure if it’s guaranteed but when I took yank down who was patrolling around just past the first major pillar on the road outside town, once he fled a cave appeared on that pillar that was his best. He was sitting on the nest in the final room resting from the romphing I gave him. I crept up and swiped a yank egg :)

L.Lawliet likes this.