Universal Monster Hunter Stories (by CAPCOM Co., Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by NyxKiria, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Nyan,
    Sadly that’s true of any game you put money into on the App Store
    It could all go away tomorrow thankfully it’s not but we own none of these games on mobile... I once thought I owned Bioshock for mobile but I didn’t. I did not sell the game or get rid of it instead they took it away and I got no refund or anything so we don’t truly own any of these games. Capcom has in the past failed to update games and let them fall away so it’s a risk with them always. For this game though I’m going to go with risk worth taking ;)

nyanpass likes this.
  2. Milotorou

Milotorou Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015

While its true they dropped the ball in the past ive seen improvement on their end. Ghost Trick and MHFU come to mind, theyve both been updated (althought later) to support current versions of iOS

lezrock likes this.
  3. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Yeah those two bothered me as I didn’t think they would ever get updated and when they did I forgave capcom but I know with them it’s a roll of the dice. This game is one of the most polished games in the entire App Store and I own tons. I bought it day one when it came out in Japan and I’m buying it again but I’m doing it knowing it’s a risk but also knowing it’s one of the best offerings in the entire App Store

4. Milotorou

Mar 19, 2015
    Youre getting me even more hyped to buy this tonight ! Hahaha

Do you know if this has Mfi support ? (i strongly think it has it considering MHFU has it...)

5. tekchic

tekchic Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Female
    Software Developer
    Phoenix, AZ
    I finally got the chance to play over lunch. Having played about 20 hours of the 3DS version and never finished it, this game is BEAUTIFUL!

The cutscenes are gorgeous, it’s full screen on my Xs Max, no hitches or hiccups. I’m definitely glad I bought it even though I already paid $39 for the original 3DS version.

Looking forward to this one - it’s gonna be a treat to have with me everywhere! Not sure on mfi though, I didn’t bring mine to work today. Onscreen controls feel great.

Dailon80 and Milotorou like this.
  6. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    gameplay of monster hunter stories

20$ well spent worth every cent

tekchic likes this.
  7. Milotorou

Mar 19, 2015
    #27 Milotorou, Sep 25, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
    Just noticed I have my MFi in my bag... i got the demo loaded so ill try it and update you all once i get to lunchtime.

P.S. I love your profile pic, Steins;Gate is the bomb :)

Edit : It does NOT support MFi :( ... Oh well... considering this has turn based gameplay i'll most likely buy it anyway but im sad of not being able to play with MFi on my iPad pro...

tekchic likes this.
  8. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

Huh, is it just me or is the game not optimized for the X/XS series?

I get the persistent navigation bar at the bottom of the screen any time I’m touching it, similar to (unfortunately) a lot of games. DISTRAINT is the worst and unfortunately the developer has said he has no plans to do any updates for mobile devices.

Looking at the app description there’s notes saying it’s compatible with devices, but I also remember in the past that they would note they are “optimized” for, say, iPad.

9. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Weird. I have an X and don’t have any issues like that with this game at least.

10. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    The controls so far are spot on! It reminds me of the controls for MHFU on ios which I love.

(Iphone X ios12 needs fixes - the home bar needs an option to disappear. It always shows in a game AND is permanently stuck in screen captures ruining images. Come on Apple)

tekchic, Dailon80 and andsoitgoes like this.
  11. andsoitgoes

Okay good I’m not crazy, then!

12. andsoitgoes

I wonder if apps don’t treat the XS models in the same way and apps need to be updated to support the new devices even though they’re virtually the same?

13. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    Actually I wanna know about QR codes has anyone used all the old codes? I’ve never actually done QR anything so do I have to like print the codes out on paper to scan them or can I pull the codes up on safari take a screen shot and scan them that way?

14. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    I’m sad the collaboration dlcs aren’t available . I’d love to get in on the Zelda one lol.

15. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Question: X optimized?

16. Rocksaint

Rocksaint Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Yes. It is.

RinoaHeartily likes this.
  17. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    I read elsewhere today on TA that apple requires all new game releases to be X screen optimized. (Also bout 4 posts up someone mentioned it working fine on our x’s :) )

tekchic and RinoaHeartily like this.
  18. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Can you pls point me to the link? Wow that's extremely good news

19. andsoitgoes

I can tell you on the Max that the icons on the left are hidden partially under the notch. It’s full screened but this isn’t accounted for. Not sure if the same issue is happening on the X