Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G / Freedom Unite Tavern

Discussion in 'MMO Codes and 'Add Me' Requests' started by Exact-Psience, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    So true.

In single player, i have been kitty carted 2 times only in my 400+ hours on the PSP, since i can predict monster movement and facing.

In multiplayer though, i can easily get kitty carted. About 1 out of 5 or 6 missions on average. :D

2. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I met some weird people online. I went to go help out some low HR1 people for a little over and hour and some were just rude.

First guy I entered with kept doing the come over gesture at the table and never picked a quest. I was so confused and he never used the chat. He was HR1 so I picked an easy quest for him. He did the upset gesture and left the room. wtf.

Second guy was probably his first or second time playing as he picked the giadrome quest and 5% of his GS hits landed. He couldn't hit a single thing like he never used one before. So I was actually being a good mentor and decided to clear all the enemies away while he attacked the boss (so he could learn how to kill it). Then when his health got low I'd always run in to protect him. I pretty much dealt 95% of the damage to the Giadrome and let him finish it off. However my efforts went unnoticed as after the battle ended he went to attack me (I hate it when people do that). Then when we got back to the guild hall he left immediately. What was I supposed to do? Help him advance when he can't even hit a monster? Oh well.

3. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Well, once a quest ends I enter PvP mode too. Maybe it was the same for him. What's better than seeing your pals flying around?

And maybe the first guy just wanted to have some beers with you.

4. cooltea

cooltea Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 19, 2011
    France
    Welcome back to HR1! ;)

I am never sure whether people are using the in-game chat or not. Finding the correct chat room is confusing. Maybe he had opened a one-on-one chat room? How does this actually show?

Or what VaroFN said :D

It's hard to say: one thing that the game does not teach much is how to communicate with other players. Maybe he was actually grateful? or maybe he was happy to have a target that he could actually hit?

I used to think it was rude, but after a few quests of me mistakenly hitting some co-hunters, I am actually surprised there is not more people trying to give it back to me when the quest is finished. :D

5. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Well the chatroom is the main one when you first open the chatroom usually. It'll show the icons of the members of the room so you can tell. I have a photo so I can tell it's my room.

I doubt the other guy was grateful since he left right after the quest ended otherwise he'd have gestured or signed up another round. Sorry, if a guy doesn't even know how to swing his sword, I'm not going to cheat him across half the HR levels. With my super sword I could've killed the Giadrome in less than a dozen hits but I get nothing out of it so he should just learn how to fight while I'm helping him.

As for hitting people, if someone hits you back and you play around that's fine but if no one is hitting you back then that gets annoying because it seems like you're just bothering someone who isn't playing your "game".

6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Hahaha! The PVP mode... Always did that since back on the PSP. :D

Gunlances always wins though. Shelling is a cheap way to throw adhoc friends around :D

7. GDMT

GDMT Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Hiroshima, Japan
    ^ This.

8. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Anyone free for a round or two? Spent the last few hours helping out with the HR1s so I could know how it feels like not to lose :)

9. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    [​IMG]

10. Massimus

Massimus Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Italy
    Anybody playing?

11. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    I have ~1 hour.

12. Massimus

Massimus Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Italy
    Great, let's do a few runs then :)
    I'm in room number: 65123

13. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    GS - Duals feels like a 8-2 matchup lol

14. cooltea

cooltea Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 19, 2011
    France
    It was fun doing those runs with you guys, thanks for sparing some time for a puny HR1 :p
    Sorry I got disconnected.

15. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
  16. GDMT

GDMT Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Hiroshima, Japan
    I got some spare time right now. You two still up for a few runs?

17. Massimus

Massimus Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Italy
    Fun runs, guys :)
    Of course that fish had to ruin our winning streak :D
    See you next time!

18. Massimus

Massimus Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Italy
    I'm still up if you want, but we need a new room.

19. GDMT

GDMT Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Hiroshima, Japan
    Yeah sure. Go make one then please

20. Massimus

Massimus Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Italy
    I'm in 65312.